Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter D:OS 2 Definitive Edition Mod Thread

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by DJOGamer PT, Oct 5, 2019.

1. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    EDIT: Before trying out Divine War I recommend you to check out the Divinity Unleashed overhaul, I talk about it in the next post. You may prefer it's changes, specially in relation to the armor system and the workings of status effects.

Like I said in the DMC thread, I recentely started playing D:OS 2 again but with a considerable amount of gameplay Mods.
    From what little I played (up until Alexander's battle to get out of Fort Joy), the main issue with the game were some ridicoulous decisions in the mechanics. But unlike Skyrim or Oblivion, these flaws aren't so fundamental as to the only way to "fixing" them would be to completely remake the whole game.

So, for anyone interested, here's a good list of Mods to the DE:

Divine War is the most important of all the mods, as it's the one that does the most dramatic changes to the gameplay.
    The author has a short explanation the changes in the mod page. But here's a more in-deph document that details everything this mod does:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WVpHpzv_giAuVb57Al2zSv9V62210UwsIUN-68hi3aw/edit

EDIT: Once again I recommend you to see Divinity Unleashed in the next post before deciding each one to use (my recommendation however goes to DU).

These mods are all in the Steam Workshop, so for those of you that don't possess the Steam version, here's a site that let's you download those mods:

https://www.steamworkshopdownloader.io/

Overall (without counting the optional mods), they just take up around 200Mb of space, so nothing that takes long to download.

Mods go into \Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods\

Lastly, but perhaps the most important aspect here, is how you have to set the Mod Order on the main menu (this step is imperative for everything to work):

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    The mod author of the Divine War Overhaul has apparentely released a new improved overhaul in the end of last year: Divinity Unleashed

Like the previous mod it touches all mechanics and values of the game, but this time not only are the changes more extensive but due to the help of the Norbyte Extender some systems function in ways that weren't possible before.
    I think the reworks of the mod will be to the liking of most codexers:

These are the general overview for a more detailed documentation the author has provided this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qnECB8DZVt7s_O2_TbEbGzipfdg1zLqtj9mtFNyaFFk/edit#

Like I said before the mod requires the Norbyte Script Extender to work.
    Heres a guide on how to install it.

How does this affect the mod list I wrote in the above post? In no way really.
    All the mods I mentioned above and the respective Mod Order remain the same and free of conflicts.
    The only changes to make are replacing the Divine War Mod with Divinity Unleashed and removing the "Divine War - Compatibility Patch" and "DW - Odin - Compatibility Patch" from the list.
    Divinity Unleashed is highly compatible so don't worry about conflicts but still respect the Mod Order just to be safe.
    Another perk of this mod is full save compatibility so there's no need to start a new game to try it out.

Another mod from the same author is Menace Tanking System.
    This mod allows characters to generate Menace. The character in a party with the highest Menace is the character who, 9 times out of 10, will be the priority target for AI-controlled enemies.
    It was originally designed for Divinity Unleash so don't worry about incompatibilities (just load it after DU).
    EDIT: If you think this Menace system scalling with Wits is ridicoulous here's this mod to make it scalle with Constitution instead (load this one instead of the original Menace mod obviously).

Finally for those looking for a higher challenge, the same author has also created the Hell Mode - True Honour Difficulty.
    Main changes: playable characters can permanentely die (even your avatar); cannot flee from combat via waypoint travel; loading a save during combat kills you instantly.

For those who don't know how to get these mods I'll repeat what I said in my previous post:

And that's all!
    Hope this may be of help.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    Found this custom Adventure today.
    It's a recreation of the a 4th edition DnD campaign called Pyramid of Shadows.

Also here's a fun gauntlet of challenges - Arena Challenges.
    Pretty much multiple high level fights against various custom Bosses.

Since these are "Adventure" mods (user made campgains for DOS2), all the mods in first 2 posts work with no problems.

Here's also a custom map for the Arena game mode - Arena TheCaveOfSource

For those wanting to try out the GM Mode here's a toolki, some map packs and even a campaign: Chronicles of Divinity; JRavens GM Toolkit; TheCaveOfSource; the various Honhenheim Maps; DemiTiq; Eisfortress; WotV Campaign Pack; Gogots-MAPS; The Wizards Sanctum and The Lie of Succession (Campaign).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Modders, saving game since 1990s.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    You forgot to add the reduced bloat mod. The game is unplayable without it. With the DND-like scaling the max HP at level 20 will be around 200 instead of 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/58

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    I already have the link to "No Bloat Tactian" on the original post.
    Besides Divinty Unleashed much like Divine War has a different Vitallity progression from the main game. I tested on some high level encounters (level 30) and enemies with a well developed Constitution had around 1800 of HP - plus take into consideration even the weakest attacks do around 200 dmg.
    Finally since the armor system in Divinity Unleashed acts as it always should (damage reduction) Vitallity isn't that important in the long term anymore.

Overall I think this new mod realizes the potential of Divinity's combat.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    As usual, where do the mods go?

If you want people to play your mods, you need to include installation instructions. I know it hurts your brain.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    FWIW, I'm pretty sure mods have a major impact on loading times, it's not noticeable at first but becomes very noticeable in act 3/4. I'd have to do a mod-free run to test it out and I'm too lazy to do it.

^ Top  
  9. Onionguy Educated

Onionguy
    But what's the point of all this... that mod list looks like a lengthy recipe for some refined french cuisine.

What's the fucking reason behind putting so much effort into making this distasteful shit somewhat palatable.

• Up Yours Up Yours x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Played to level five with this setup, initially with just four, then went six-man since Tactician Unleashed surfaces are so punishing. Six-man is such a relief as you're not constantly switching between companions. Unleashed is solid, the initiative mod is a clusterfuck unfortunately as initiative is the main flaw in the base game.

Restarting with the setup recommended here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1981943351

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    Cool list.
    Would like to try out the "Summon Rework" and "Additional Summons" mods, but I afraid I would have to restart the game.
    Although there are some odd choices like a enemy scalling mod and another that makes companions AI controlled. Why?

It's a bit wonky but it does work and that's enough for me, simply because I couldn't stand how it functions in the base game.

^ Top  
  12. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    It's buggy as hell. Several battles where one toon got multiple turns before others got any.

Not using all the mods on that list, and am using most of yours.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    ^ Top  
  13. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    The hell??
    Never once that happened to me.
    Maybe something to do with your load order (put initiave in last place)?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    ^ Top  
  14. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    No, followed your load order. Going to try it with just DU and see how it goes.

^ Top  
  15. Haplo Cipher Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Wonder if this game can be salvaged. The retarded initiative was for me the nail to the coffin (alongside the armor system)...

If the other things are improved, I guess it will still have the sad, number bloated itemization with equipment changes every 2nd level.

Anyway, I look forward to your findings Desiderius!

^ Top  
  16. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    The mod I posted fixes the numbers bloat.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Haplo Cipher Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That is neat. An important start. But does it make the itemization interesting?

^ Top  
  18. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    No, it just means that you won't have to completely switch gear every level because the numbers don't grow as much. But it's all still randomly generated.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    You can try Unique Uniques

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    It's targeted against everything we've identified as a weakness. I've just started and the random enemy skills and abilities are already nuts. So at least the faceroll is better. I haven't added all the new classes yet.

There are three mods in that list that improve itemization and already seeing an effect.

^ Top  
  21. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    There's a mod which lets you level up your existing gear if you like it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. robinox Literate

robinox
    I'd like to respec but I'm still at Fort Joy island. I read that there is no way to do it until you get out of the island. I found a mod on steam that adds a respec item inside Fort Joy but it says: "This mod is deprecated and unsupported with the addition of Larian's new Respec Mirror". I searched for this official respec mirror but I can't find it anywhere: where/how can I download it/add it to the game? If it does indeed exists, can it be added on an ongoing campaign?
    Thanks

^ Top  
  23. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    The "official" respect mirror on Fort Joy is a Gift Bag (mods that Larian has made a an official free add-on). You have to open the Gift Bag menu on-game to activate them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. SoupNazi Arcane Patron

SoupNazi
    Serpent in the Staglands
    The "no bloat" mod just makes the game extremely easy. Like, ridiculously so. And the game is already too easy on tactician if you've played through it once.

I like Divine War, the Initiative fix, and all of Odinblade's class mods. Some of the QoL mods like leveling up equipment etc. are cool too. I would steer away from the "enemies are not psychic" mod, again, makes it laughably easy especially if you're playing an undead.

The major problem of this game is that it forces you down a narrow path through the gargantuan level differences, in most acts you have to take a certain route in order to survive. But that's not solved by the bloat reduction, that just makes the doable fights ridiculously easy and the hard to impossible fights just easy to normal. It has a good story that should be experienced, and after that, the replayability is in the fights which should be kept difficult and to the level you should be at.

^ Top  
  25. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    One of the mods on the list I linked to is giving every mob insane abilities (especially combined with Divinity Unleashed tripling surface damage) to the extent to which I'll typically lose 1 to 3 toons in the first round of combat. On the other hand the harder the mob the better the rewards. On level fights doable but dicey, underleveled pretty brutal so far.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.