Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA: Mage or Rogue? Male or Female?

Heresiarch

Prophet
OH NOES I'm torn between which class or sex to play DA with. I've played through the tutorial part of a female rogue noble, and while the story is over-the-top cliched, I do feel a bit sympathetic to it. However, I've always been a magic-lover, and don't know if playing as a mage has much more fun than playing as a rogue.

Also, I don't know if I shall play as a male or female. I've been always fond of playing as a female, because I though heroines are much cooler than heroes. But then if I play as a female I won't have the awesome love and sex with the female NPCs, and I don't fucking want to have sex with the male NPCs even if I'm having it straight as a female.

Any suggestion?

Nex

Cipher
Flip a coin or grow some balls and make a choice.

You could always play through with both anyway

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Fuck this is so funny. Thread after thread about DA. Just like when F03 hit. 6 months ago it was like 'Fucking Da is for Fagz' now it's all 'Hai Guis what char should I roll'

MWHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHH

Andhaira

Arcane
Play through as a male mage. Playing as a wizard/magic user of some sort is the only way to play crpg's anyway.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Play as some kind of fighter, that way you can hack and slash your way through the hypocrisy and butthurt of RPG Codex. :D

1eyedking

Erudite
Picking an origin is the only real choice you'll ever make in the game.

Too bad it happens during character creation. LOLZ.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
1eyedking said:
Picking an origin is the only real choice you'll ever make in the make.

Too bad it happens during character creation. LOLZ.

'EVER MAKE IN THE MAKE' :SMUG:

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Just made me lulz is all. Kinda cold here.

EDIT: 1eyed, why?? Make in the make is pure awesome. :t-shirt: that, yo.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Ok, I decided to play as a female rogue because:

- the mage start feels too trying at being "oooh so mysterious"
- I died at the demon boss and it hurts my feelings
- the spellcasting animation of DA looks stupid - all the spells come out by poking with my staff?
- male characters look ugly

Heresiarch

Prophet
BTW I find it hilarious that both "dad" from the human noble beginning and the "bad guy" in the city elf beginning shares exactly the same face, hairstyle and clothes - I tried out both origin stories in that sequence, I was like "omg dad why do you go rape elf ladies"

Inziladun

Magister
Heresiarch said:
BTW I find it hilarious that both "dad" from the human noble beginning and the "bad guy" in the city elf beginning shares exactly the same face, hairstyle and clothes - I tried out both origin stories in that sequence, I was like "omg dad why do you go rape elf ladies"

Elf ladies are just daddy's weekend bitches.

made

Arcane
If you play a female char you don't get to bang Morrigan. Just fyi; thought it'd be of interest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom