Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Daggerfall is a bugged mess

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
So far i am liking daggerfall and its random quests and huge dungeons, but i get the feeling i am not going to be able to complete a lot of quests because of how much bugged the game still is.

I got this cool quest to from the Temple of Stendarr to exorcise a little girl. But it was not with the girl i was supposed to talk but with her guardian that was at an Inn. The Guardian was very happy with my help but have my very little details about the girl's condition but more about the cure. I had to bring a deadric dagger to cure the girl. Because it all smelled fishy i went to the Girl's house and found her at the house's attic. I spoke to her and she really looked possessed by a Daedra.

Very well, i went to another town to get the daedric dagger, the Woman who was supposed to give it away was at her residence. Which was closed. At every hour of the day and night. WTF?! I am stuck now?
So i brought the door down with my warhammer at the sweet tune of "halt!" "halt!" in the background.
I managed to get inside the house, talk to the woman, get the dagger and get out of town while being chased by guards.
That sucked... The woman did warn me when the daedra leaves the girl's body it will spawn elsewhere in the house.

I get to the girl, give her the dagger and she gets all well and leaves. Now to the daedra. Oh wait the house is empty. Another bug?
Well i am off to her guardian to tell the quest is done. Instead of finding the Guardian back at the inn i am greeted by a hot woman that tells me (for 50g) that the guy and the girl tricked me and stole the dagger from the temple. Cool! That's why the daedra didnt spawn.

So where is the guy now? He fled to Rodywyr's house. Nice! Lets go!
There is only one problem. Rodywyr's is my char name so i am not sure if its my house (i am lvl 3 and own none) or if it is another Rodywyr. Not that it matters because i cant search for Rodywyr, his house or the guardians name. So i am stuck.

If this is going to be the rest of daggerfall i am going to retire it pretty soon because while the quests are cool i can't be bothered to do 80% of a quest only to find out i have to load the game before i accepted it and ask for another one.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm waiting for Daggerfall on Unity to be 100% playable. If I encounter bugs like that, I'll fix them myself. No biggie.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Are you 100% sure there is no NPC you can ask about Rodywyr?
Thanks for taking interest.
No, i am not 100% sure. I cant ask randoms NPC about the Guardian, Rodywyn or Rodywyn's house.
The hot woman that gave me the clue for 50gp won't talk to me.
Its a funny coincidence that my character is also named Rodywyr which is a Brenton name from Arena and Daggerfall.

Will give it a shot and see if someone else knows about it.
I was going door to door to see if any residence was Rodywyr's house.

Incendax

Augur
Yes, it is buggy. But you can become a werepig, and navigate entire cities with nothing but rooftop jumps!
Totally worth it.

guide for that quest is here, see if it halps

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:The_Obsessed_Child

Bugs
  • This quest sometimes suffers from a bug in the game engine which will result in missing quest locations, see here for further information.
  • The variable used in the prostitute's opening dialogue is supposed to refer to you by your guild title, but may erroneously display your full name instead.

Problems finding random quest locations in towns
Sometimes when you are asking for a certain location in town e.g. a meeting place, hide-out etc. you will only come up with a topic named "(your characters 'first name) house".
The game engine often has problems when a quest uses more than one house in the same town. Cities on the other hand may be large enough so that this problem may not occure there. However this also means that the specific quest location does not exist which usually means you can't complete this quest. There is nothing you can do about this, either wait until the quest's time limit has expired or re-load a save game before you took this quest.
There are also a couple of quests containing bugs, that prevent quest locations from being revealed to your character. Just take a look here to learn how to get rid of these quest bugs.

Last edited:

Horton

Educated
just now started playing this. not to bad. very complex

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom