Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Envoy gets story trailer, delayed to 2022

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dark Envoy; Event Horizon

Dark Envoy, the upcoming tactical RPG from Tower of Time developer Event Horizon, made the unusual switch from turn-based to real-time combat last year. The plan back then was to launch the game in April/May 2021, ie right around now, but clearly that was too optimistic. A few days ago, the Dark Envoy Steam page was quietly updated with a new description and a release window of 2022. That's now been followed up with a new story trailer introducing the game's sibling protagonists. The trailer also includes a few snippets of gameplay, which look more polished than what we saw back in August.

Definitely a new level of visual quality. It's also worth noting the renewed emphasis on two player co-op, which seemed to have been dropped at one point during development and is apparently back now.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The one time I am fine with RTWP, since Tower of Time went to a lot of lengths to make rtwp not tedious, with generous pauses during which you can initiate all sorts of abilities and clearly telegraphed attacks and wind up animations aswell as hitboxes and such.
No reason to :d1p: for me with how big my backlog is, but I will definitly pick it up at a discount one day.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's good idea to go real time when all you have to offer are filler fights with very little tactical depth. Cant tell much with the videos and screenshots.. Bah who am i kidding i am probably right again.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I like that Horatio-looking fellow on the left. That design seems to crop up all over the place, before and after Primordia, and it always makes me smile when I see it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I like that Horatio-looking fellow on the left. That design seems to crop up all over the place, before and after Primordia, and it always makes me smile when I see it.

gee i wonder where it could come from

Tech-Priest_2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom