Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dark Heart of Uukrul Discussion Thread

Photokoi

Learned
How much did it go for? I hope I can find it one day, because I would snatch that in a second.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry to hijack the thread but anyone know where I can get a boxed copy of this little gem?
:hmmm:
I would be interested in this as well, so good question.

i saw one for sale on Ebay some...weeks (?) ago.
Might be the guy who was selling his whole collection and had pictures of his book shelves with the full collection. It had the game on the shelf but he told me he had sold it some time ago and relatively cheap ($30?). If you happen to see one let me know.

Luzur

Good Sir
Sorry to hijack the thread but anyone know where I can get a boxed copy of this little gem?
:hmmm:
I would be interested in this as well, so good question.

i saw one for sale on Ebay some...weeks (?) ago.
Might be the guy who was selling his whole collection and had pictures of his book shelves with the full collection. It had the game on the shelf but he told me he had sold it some time ago and relatively cheap ($30?). If you happen to see one let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...w=The+Dark+Heart+of+Uukrul&_sacat=0&_from=R40

vanshilar

Educated
So I'm kinda new here. Got back into Uukrul recently (unfinished a long time ago), but was curious, how much work was done in figuring out the game stuff like weapon stats and monster stats? I've partially decoded items.tbl so I can change some stuff like item cost, armor bonus, and weapon min level, and I think I have a guess as to where the weapon damage is located (not completely certain though because the damage varies by so much). I don't want to repeat work that people have done already though...anybody know if the game info had already been decoded and where it might be found?

vanshilar

Educated
Not to my knowledge. If it has the info has either not been published or it was only made public somewhere obscure.

Hmm heh where would be an appropriate place to post the stuff? For example, even though the save games are under a checksum so they're hard to modify, it's easy to (for example) set an item's value to -32768 and them buy it from the store several times if you want a lot of gold. Also, I'm curious if what I suspect about where the weapon damage is stored will pan out -- although I'd need to collect a lot more data on this, but I could post the numbers if people are interested in testing them out (i.e. if people want their daggers to do the damage of Killer blades, or even higher). Basically so far if anyone wants to know how to change item prices (including price to ID and reforging prices including making un-reforgeable items reforgeable), change which classes can use which items, change the weight of items, or change the minimum level needed to equip weapons, I could write that out. (Or give a table of the current values.) No idea where it should go though.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
I loved this game EXCEPT for the combat. I DONT NEED TACTICAL OVERVUE OF 4 RATS IN A HALLWAY. Wizardry 1 combat works fine!

TigerKnee

Arcane
I don't want to repeat work that people have done already though...anybody know if the game info had already been decoded and where it might be found?
There hasn't been any "hard" information on the game anywhere I can find.

If you can really decode the game's formulas or tables and etc, please do so and post your results, I would be very interested in knowing the details of the game's system.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, if you decode it, just post the results here. It'd be interesting to have a look at the hidden stats.

vanshilar

Educated
Well okay keep in mind this is very much a work in progress so it's not definitive or anything like that.

Basically I'm looking through the actual game data files. Now the save games are not encrypted so I'm also going through them, but they're under an anti-tampering checksum (the internet says 2 of them, actually) so although they can be read, they're much harder to make changes to. The game data files though can have changes made without issues, as long as you do it correctly.

I use a hex editor (HxD) for this, which allows you to see the hexidecimal values and the ASCII character for them side by side so it's convenient. It also allows me to set row width which will be handy for ITEMS.TBL, the file I'll talk about. Hexadecimal values will be prefixed with an x, i.e. xA1 means 161.

Be sure to back up your files before modifying them. Okay, so onward...

There are 128 items in the game. The list of items, starting with the index of 0, is:

Code:
Index   Item
0   Gown and cloak
1   Standard robes
2   Silken robes
3   Enchanted robes
4   Leather cloak
5   Breastplate
6   Cuirass
7   Studded armor
8   Iron breastplate
9   Chain mail
10   Elfin chain mail
11   Plate mail
12   Enchanted mail
13   Cap
14   Mage's hat
15   (Brown hat?)
16   Leather coif
17   Sallet
18   Mail coif
19   Armet
20   Great helm
21   Soft leather boots
22   (Elfin boots)
23   Buskins
24   Hard leather boots
25   Pair of steel boots
26   Magic boots
27   Leather gloves
28   Studded gauntlet
29   Iron gauntlet
30   Battle gloves
31   Standard leggings
32   Greaves
33   Steel leggings
34   Small shield
35   Sacred targe
36   Large shield
37   Battle shield
38   (unknown shield)
39   Quarter staff
40   Larchwood staff
41   (staff of power?)
42   Dagger
43   Club
44   Club of holy power
45   Bludgeon
46   Mace
47   Flail
48   Morning star
49   Warhammer
50   (obsidian?)
51   Short iron sword
52   Long sword
53   Broadsword
54   Greatsword
55   Silver sword
56   Scimitar
57   (soul cleaver?)
58   Killer blade
59   Glaive of fire
60   Trident
61   Lance
62   Halberd
63   Hand axe
64   Battleaxe
65   Kris of resting
66   Cross of ebony
67   Cross of silver
68   Cross of gold
69   Poison antidote
70   Plague antidote
71   Aconite extract
72   Elixir of energy
73   Flask of acid
74   Holy water
75   Ampoule
76   Healing salve
77   Strength pill
78   (unknown pill)
79   Sprig of athelas
80   Caustic powder
81   Scroll of kunlazar
82   Scroll of sehkakim
83   Scroll of silence
84   Scroll of luqmar
85   Tome of ruination
86   Necronomicon
87   Bandage
88   Wand of potency
89   (broken bone?)
90   Medal of escape
91   Plane nexus
92   Fulminating crystal
93   (adron's die?)
94   (globe of blood?)
95   Scrying mirror
96   Book
97   (card of moving?)
98   (kauri plaque?)
99   (contractual scroll?)
100   (codex of perdition?)
101   Bone
102   Skull
103   Shred of cloth
104   Garnet
105   Flawed diamond
106   Small emerald
107   Large emerald
108   (cut sapphire?)
109   (jewelled ring/ruby ring?)
110   Gold necklace
111   Jewelled pendant
112   Silver pin
113   Brooch
114   (coronet)
115   (ornate cup/chalice?)
116   Coil of rope
117   Cone of incense
118   Cruse of oil
119   Stick of chalk
120   Parchment
121   Brass key
122   Bronze key
123   Chrome key
124   Iron key
125   Ornate key
126   Stone heart
127   (Heart of glass)

There are items in parentheses; they're because I'm OCD and want to actually see them in the game to make sure I have the right strings. I already have an idea about each of them though. This is actually taken from the ITEMNAME.TBL file, which contains some of the associated descriptive strings for each item.

A lot of the data related to items is stored in ITEMS.TBL. The data for each item is 24 bytes long. Thus, if you're following along with a hex editor, it'll be really convenient to set the row width to "24" so that everything will line up.

The first two bytes are the item's price, in little endian style (small digit first). It is a signed value. The first entry is for "gown and cloak", and the values are x24 x00. This works out to 36, and if you go to the shop, you'll see that indeed it costs 36 gold (or whatever the monetary unit is) to buy a gown and cloak.

Since this is a signed value, you can replace the "x24 x00" with "x00 x80". When you now go to the shop, you will see that it now costs -32768. Buy a few of them and you'll quickly have a lot of gold. Don't worry, I think you can actually have a lot of gold; if I understand the save file format correctly, there are 4 bytes reserved for your money but store it in decimal (not hexadecimal) form, so you can probably have up to 99999999 gold. You don't need that much though. Be sure to switch the values back once you're done getting gold.

The next 8 bytes are fairly boring. Again, there's two bytes for each of these. Bytes 3-4 are the location index in MSG.TBL for the text when you go to SAGARIS to ID your items. Note that I said "location index", they're not the actual locations themselves (which are about 2/3 of the way through the file, starting at around byte xC4F0, but the text is compressed). Bytes 5-6 are the location in ITEMNAME.TBL (ignoring the 768-byte header) for the item's name when it has been ID'ed. Bytes 7-8 are the location in ITEMNAME.TBL for the text when you inspect the item. Bytes 9-10 are the location in ITEMNAME.TBL for the name when you haven't ID'ed the item. This information is actually the same as the 768-byte header of ITEMNAME.TBL, so I'm not sure why they doubled up on this.

Byte 11 is where it gets interesting. The 2nd digit (that is, the "tens" digit in hexadecimal) encodes whether or not each class can equip that item. 1 = fighter, 2 = paladin, 4 = priest, 8 = magician. Thus in the first row, the xF0 indicates that all classes can equip it. In the second row, the value is x80, indicating that only the magician can equip that item (standard robes). But you can change it to xF0 if you want and suddenly all classes can now equip it. These are additive so a value of x70 means that the non-magician classes can all equip the item. Note that for all the non-gear (i.e. non-armor and non-weapon) items, the value is 0, since you can't equip them, only use them. I assume with this you can have your magician wear leggings and use swords and stuff, even though I haven't really explored this yet.

I haven't figured out what the 1st digit (that is, the "ones" digit in hexadecimal) does. But it seems to correspond to "x0" if non-metal and "x2" if metal for gear, with the exception of the obsidian hammer which is a "x5". Maybe they have something to do with whether or not the blobs can eat the item or something, or have something related to their purpose for the non-gear items.

Byte 12 is x00 for all items, so it doesn't really do anything.

Byte 13 stores the cost of identifying the item by SAGARIS. The game multiplies this value by 2 to arrive at what he charges.

Byte 14 is the weight of the item. For the first item, gown and cloak, the value is x19, corresponding to 25 pounds. You can set them all to 1 pound if you don't want to deal with weight. Maybe even 0 pounds, haven't tried.

Bytes 15-24 depend on the item, so I'm going to deal with these separately. I'm still working on trying to figure these out.

First, the armors (items 0-38; there are 39 items). I haven't really figured out yet what bytes 15-16 do, but byte 17 stores the armor bonus in the "ones" digit. For gown and cloak, the byte is x81; you can change it to x8F if you want a really souped up gown and cloak. I don't know what the 2nd digit ("tens") does yet though. Byte 18 is x00 except for the 3 leggings where it's x01 instead. Bytes 19-24 are all x00. Incidentally, even though when your weapon breaks it'll say you start using your gauntlets, I don't know how the gauntlet damage is coded in here. It's possible it's stored elsewhere, it doesn't do anything (i.e. same damage as your bare fists), or the armor class bonus is also your damage bonus. Who knows.

A table of the known armor stats is below:

Code:
Price   Fi?   Pa?   Pr?   Ma?   ID$   Wt  AC   Item
   36   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes     2   25   1   Gown and cloak
   95   No    No    No    Yes    20   30   2   Standard robes
  440   No    No    No    Yes    50   30   4   Silken robes
 1600   No    No    No    Yes   120   30   6   Enchanted robes
   50   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      4   33   2   Leather cloak
  110   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      4   46   3   Breastplate
  185   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     10   54   4   Cuirass
  295   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     10   75   6   Studded armor
  210   Yes   Yes   No    No     10   68   7   Iron breastplate
  480   Yes   Yes   No    No     10   98   8   Chain mail
 1945   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     60   40  10   Elfin chain mail
  920   Yes   Yes   No    No     16  155  11   Plate mail
 3750   Yes   Yes   No    No    200  155  14   Enchanted mail
   10   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes     2    8   0   Cap
  160   No    No    No    Yes    20   12   2   Mage's hat
 1100   No    No    No    Yes    40   12   4   (Brown hat?)
   52   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      6   22   1   Leather coif
   90   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      6   40   2   Sallet
  178   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     10   52   3   Mail coif
  299   Yes   Yes   No    No     18   80   4   Armet
  499   Yes   Yes   No    No     18   82   5   Great helm
   20   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes     2   12   1   Soft leather boots
  500   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes   100    5   2   (Elfin boots?)
   29   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      6   23   2   Buskins
   60   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      6   32   3   Hard leather boots
  142   Yes   Yes   No    No      6   60   4   Pair of steel boots
  850   Yes   Yes   Yes   No    180   48   5   Magic boots
   18   Yes   Yes   No    No     10   10   1   Leather gloves
   80   Yes   Yes   No    No     20   25   2   Studded gauntlet
  191   Yes   Yes   No    No     20   45   3   Iron gauntlet
  720   Yes   Yes   No    No     90   58   3   Battle gloves
   41   Yes   Yes   No    No      6   24   1   Standard leggings
  113   Yes   Yes   No    No     12   32   2   Greaves
  235   Yes   Yes   No    No     12   60   3   Steel leggings
   37   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      8   38   1   Small shield
 1200   Yes   Yes   Yes   No    340   38   3   Sacred targe
  120   Yes   Yes   No    No      8   70   2   Large shield
  310   Yes   Yes   No    No     50   90   3   Battle shield
 1460   Yes   Yes   No    No    120   90   4   (unknown shield)

The names are at the end just to make it easier for the table to line up correctly. Incidentally, mage's hat is supposed to affect magician's regen but that's not coded here, or at least that I've been able to tell so far. (It's been a while so I haven't tried but...is it that people found out by checking the mana regen while resting in a sanctuary or something? SAGARIS doesn't mention anything about it.)

Now onto the weapons. This is where it gets interesting yet speculative. Byte 15, being a byte, consists of 8 bits. The first 6 bits (i.e. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32) encode how much it costs to reforge this weapon. The actual cost will be this value multiplied by 10. For example, for the scimitar, the value here is xD1, which is 209, which is 1+16+64+128, so it'll cost 10*(1+16) = 170 to reforge. If the value is 0, then it can't be reforged; it'll say it's wooden if the ones digit in byte 11 was x0, or that the weapon was special and can't be reforged if the ones digit in byte 11 was not x0. Either way, you can just set the ones digit of this byte to 1 if you want to make the weapon reforgeable. I don't know what the last two bits do.

I don't know what byte 16 does yet, although I suspect it's tied to the last two bits of byte 15.

I believe byte 17 is what encodes the weapon damage. I'll get to this in a bit.

I don't know what byte 18 does yet.

For byte 19, the "ones" digit encodes the minimum level for the weapon. Want to use that glaive of fire at level 1? Set its value from x4B to x40 and you'll be able to.

Byte 20 seems to encode something special with the weapons. It is always x03, except:
x02 for the bludgeon, silver sword, and glaive of fire
x01 for the scimitar and the kris of resting
x00 for the trident, lance, and halberd

Based on SAGARIS, I'm guessing x02 means extra damage to undead and/or dragons ("great snakes"), x01 means extra damage to humanoids, and x00 means extra damage to large animals. I haven't tested them out yet though, such as setting lance to x03 instead of x00 and see how it does against large animals.

Bytes 21-24 are all x00.

Okay back to byte 17. If you look at byte 17's values compared with each weapon's minimum level, you'll notice that there's a pretty good correlation. Hence I suspect this encodes the weapon's damage. I don't know how this damage works yet, whether it's an additive bonus, or multiplies the damage, or a percentage chance to hit in the higher range of damage or whatever. But if you take an endgame saved game, set the weapons' values to x00 for this byte, and then play with them, you'll notice that they hit for noticeably lower damage. My rough testing so far is that I go from roughly 72 damage to roughly 26 damage when the value of this byte was changed from xF1 to x01. Hence something's going on here but I'm not sure exactly what. In fact, it may only be the 2nd digit (the "tens" digit) that affects weapon damage; notice that in that case the range goes from 0 to 15, and 72 is roughly 270% of 26, so this would be sort of in line with the tens digit giving a multiplicative bonus to damage in 10% increments (so if it's 0 then you do 100% damage, but if it's xF = 15 then you do 250% damage). This is just a guess though.

A table of the known weapon stats is below:

Code:
Price   Fi?   Pa?   Pr?   Ma?   ID$   Wt   Forge  ML   B17  B17  Item
   16   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes     8   21      0    0    20   1   Quarter staff
  380   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes     8   21      0    5    37   2   Larchwood staff
 1500   Yes   Yes   No    Yes   200   21      0   10    94   5   (staff of power?)
   15   Yes   Yes   No    Yes     2   10     20    0    28   1   Dagger
   29   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      2   35      0    0    34   2   Club
 2350   Yes   Yes   Yes   No    444   35      0   12   132   8   Club of holy power
  140   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     16   26      0    6    67   4   Bludgeon
   44   Yes   Yes   Yes   No     20   48     20    0    27   1   Mace
   82   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      4   40      0    3    58   3   Flail
  110   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      6   80     30    4    89   5   Morning star
  212   Yes   Yes   Yes   No      8   71     50    8    98   6   Warhammer
 1000   Yes   Yes   Yes   No    500   71    620   10   109   6   (obsidian?)
   50   Yes   Yes   No    No      4   24     40    0    36   2   Short iron sword
   89   Yes   Yes   No    No     40   38     50    2    51   3   Long sword
  125   Yes   Yes   No    No      4   54     80    3    66   4   Broadsword
  400   Yes   Yes   No    No     20  100    290    8   130   8   Greatsword
 1400   Yes   Yes   No    No     40   43    630    5   100   6   Silver sword
  185   Yes   Yes   No    No     32   45    170    6    75   4   Scimitar
 2100   Yes   Yes   No    No     40   43      0   13   126   7   (soul cleaver?)
  600   Yes   Yes   No    No    150   50      0    7   207  12   Killer blade
 2650   Yes   Yes   No    No    420   54      0   11   165  10   Glaive of fire
  144   Yes   Yes   No    No     12   60    150    4    73   4   Trident
  102   Yes   Yes   No    No     12   50     90    7   113   7   Lance
  250   Yes   Yes   No    No     18   72    200   10    99   6   Halberd
   30   Yes   Yes   No    No      2   17     10    0    28   1   Hand axe
   90   Yes   Yes   No    No     12   80     30    5    58   3   Battleaxe
  995   Yes   Yes   No    No    300   13      0    9    63   3   Kris of resting

"Forge" shows the cost of reforging. If a value is 0, that means the weapon can't be reforged. (You can set it to 1 if you want to reforge it, including "wooden" weapons like quarter staffs). "ML" refers to the minimum level needed to equip the weapon. The first "B17" is byte 17's value for that weapon; the second "B17" is byte's 2nd digit ("tens" digit) only. You can see how both of them track fairly well with the minimum level. Note that they only go up to 207 (or 12) even though 255 (or 15) is possible, and you can put that in manually. I didn't put in the special byte 20 values for the bludgeon, silver sword, glaive of fire, scimitar, kris of resting, trident, lance, and halberd into this table.

Anyhow this is what I got so far. There's still stuff I'm trying to figure out in terms of what the rest of the values mean, and there's also stuff that I'm wondering about (such as whether or not different weapons break at different rates, or how gauntlet damage is encoded, etc.). So this will likely get updated in the coming days. But I'm most curious about whether or not the weapon damage thing holds up. And let me know if any of the numbers don't look right, in case I copy-pasted something wrong.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Super cool. If you figure out any more stuff or someone compiles this into an FAQ I'm definitely going to use this in my next playthrough of the game.

Joke option: Dark Heart of Uukrul Enhancements mod.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
IIRC weapons have strength requirements. So one of the values you haven't figured out yet is probably the strength requirement.

vanshilar

Educated
I did a bit more testing on the equipment. Priests and magicians can't use gloves nor leggings regardless of ITEMS.TBL, and magicians can't use shields. So I guess those are out. But at least you can still give your magician the elfin chain mail if you don't like the enchanted robes. Or just change it so enchanted robes give you 15 armor bonus. Actually, it turns out the armor bonus is determined by the first 6 bits of that byte (not the first 4 i.e. "ones" digit), so for example you can change the value for gown and cloak from x81 to xBF and it will now give you 63 armor bonus.

I'm still puzzled by the headgear affecting mana regen thing. I set the gear so that anybody can use it, and tried no headgear, mage's hat, and crown of thought for both the priest and magician, both either by resting in the sanctuary or killing time by searching next to the teleporter. There's a lot of variation in the data but I don't see any significant difference between wearing those items and not wearing them, in terms of the virtue/psychic points gained after ~40 food is consumed. Resting in the sanctuary gave about 3x more points though compared with searching around outside. So what's the deal with the headgear helping mana regen? Is there something I'm missing?

I also now have very limited ability to edit the save files. The checksum bytes in the save file are in locations x024E and x024F. Two bytes for checksum means in theory there are 256^2 = 65536 possible values. But if you take an existing save game, add any of the odd bytes by 1, the new checksum seems to always be the same no matter which odd byte you increment. The same thing goes for the even bytes. Thus, to give myself the crown of thought, I simply bought a mage's hat, looked at the new checksum values if I made one of my female characters male (which increases that byte by 1), and changed the checksum to that value as I increased the item index by 1 (from mage's hat to crown of thought) in the save file. So there are some ways to play around with it, even if it's not figured out. After you change stuff around like this, be sure to re-save the game on loading it so that it will properly calculate the new values (for things like your current encumbrance, etc.).

IIRC weapons have strength requirements. So one of the values you haven't figured out yet is probably the strength requirement.

I'm actually not sure if there are any strength requirements. There are skill level requirements, though. Is there an example of a character not being able to equip a weapon because of low strength, rather than skill level?

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron

I'm actually not sure if there are any strength requirements. There are skill level requirements, though. Is there an example of a character not being able to equip a weapon because of low strength, rather than skill level?

It's been a while since I played it, but I definitely remember thinking there were strength requirements for weapons. But it's possible it was in fact skill level instead.

Photokoi

Learned
Man, I wish I had continued playing. I looked at it briefly (30 minutes) on Applewin since it was the original platform (got rom from asimov ftp) and it was awesome so I looked it up on wikipedia and started a thread since there was no thread, but Ive never actually played it. I want to get a copy, although its not a requirement for me to play, it would be great.

I would play now but its just intimidating that its a lesser known game and so there is not much known about it to say whether it will be good or not. Im sure it is but.... anyways

TigerKnee

Arcane
I would play now but its just intimidating that its a lesser known game and so there is not much known about it to say whether it will be good or not. Im sure it is but.... anyways
Just about everyone here who has played it, loved it, which is kind of a huge endorsement.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I did love everything up until...

... I defeated Uukrul. Up until that point the game was both challenging in its tactical combat encounters and its puzzles. Once Uukrul was defeated though, you are thrown up against a nightmare of a puzzle while the tactical combat goes away. Since I enjoy tactical combat way more than I do puzzles, the final portion was a bit of a letdown for me.

Still a great game that deserves a lot more praise and attention than it got. The definition of a forgotten gem.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You got me there. :P

It also helped that, combat-focused or not, it might be the most unorthodox final CRPG dungeon I've encountered to this date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom