Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Caim

Arcane
I had forgotten how awesome Nameless King entrance was, with the huge storm covering the whole place up with rain and whatnot.

Is Gwyn Jr supposedly the storm god (same way his father is the sun and his little brother the moon)? Or the storm is actually his drake?
The Nameless King was a war god before being cast out by his father Gwyn.

Also the sleeping princes at the end of the Ringed City DLC was originally supposed to be Gwyn's wife, not his daughter, which would clean up that thread.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Faraam was the God of War. That badass dude from the Dark Souls 2 box art.

Miyazaki pulled Nameless king out of his ass to specifically retcon Faraam out of existence, he felt threatened by Faraam's high levels of T.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
Miyazaki pulled Nameless king out of his ass
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn - DS1 said:
Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the sunlight, once wore this ancient ring. Boosts the strength of miracles.

Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war, but his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known.
thinking.png

But yeah, who wouldn't feel threatened by Faraam's high levels of T? That fucking helmet, man. And that fur coat. Fuck.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn - DS1 said:
Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the sunlight, once wore this ancient ring. Boosts the strength of miracles.

Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war, but his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known.
that's Solaire.

Nameless King doesn't exist!!1

Silva

Arcane
How did you like my girl Dancer?

I find her awesome. Her slow and deliberate moves really gives me some waltz vibes. And the subdued music fits nicely.

Max Damage

Savant
She's a fun and stylish fight, I just wish camera zoomed out and angled for bosses like her. The only way to fully see most of her animations is to run far away, but you want to stay close if you're not doing magic, and columns in the room also add jankiness to how camera just freaks out if you're caught close to a wall.

Top Bottom