Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Max Damage

Savant
Yeah, I figured that out, thing is, the clusters are so spread out, he ends up summoning many clones anyway. Really wish you could replay bosses after you defeat them outside of co-op, could cut or remove amount of souls they drop. Anyway, beat Deacons of the Deep before going to bed, I like DS3 so far, just wish you didn't have to tp back to Shrine every time you want to level up. You're no longer Chad Chosen Undead, go talk to m'lady, do they think this will help fix dropping birthrates in Japan? :P

Silva

Arcane
Just beat Crystal Sage, got to say, I really hate these kind of boss fights where you fight camera + luck on top. You can go from full health to dead in a blink of eye, holy crap.
You can roll through the crystals that spawn to decrease the number of clones he creates.
WTF never heard of this. What I DO know is the true copy is the one who slings purple spells instead of blue.

I wonder if Crystal Sages and Deacons of the Deep get actually interesting in NG+ instead of the pushovers they are.

Andnjord

Arcane
just wish you didn't have to tp back to Shrine every time you want to level up. You're no longer Chad Chosen Undead, go talk to m'lady, do they think this will help fix dropping birthrates in Japan? :P
Aren't DS1 and ER the only ones where you don't have to travel back to your waifu?

Oh, and Sekiro as well, though I don't really consider it a Soulsborne game.

Caim

Arcane
WHAT

a8a5ba6ba0885b04de3be6717ffc1667123921e4.jpg

WTF never heard of this. What I DO know is the true copy is the one who slings purple spells instead of blue.

I wonder if Crystal Sages and Deacons of the Deep get actually interesting in NG+ instead of the pushovers they are.
Yeah, you can also attack them and certain spells should work as well, but rolling is faster and you have to be fast, smart, lucky and have a lot of stamina to take out at least three bundles of the crystals. Never tried sniping the crystals with ranged weapons or spells though.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Having fought Abyss Watchers and Pontiff, I think this is my favorite Dark Souls game now, these fucking fights and soundtracks
Always keep in mind there are people who say DS3 is utter and total shit BECAUSE OF Pontiff Sulyvahn.
his fight is the moment when Fromsoft realized it would be a good idea to use animation delay to catch people off-guard and prevent them from dodging on reflexes. Absolute decline.

Silva

Arcane
Abyss Watchers music is awesome indeed.

If you need help with Eldritch the God eater, my darkmoon blade can be yours for the modicum price of helping me out with Midir later on. :negative:

P.S: oh, and if grandiose music and fights are your thing, I suspect you would love Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
I can confirm Darkmoon miracle is great online. I'm cutting shit like butter with my twin sellswords. I suspect most players armors lack magic resistance. For PvE though it's just okay.

Found it interesting that when you go up the covenant ladder, the Yorshka girl spills out the whole thing with Pope Sullivahn betraying the order and Gwindolin and vanishing with him. I wonder if the other covenants reveal bits of lore like that. If so, the Aldritch Faithful in particular should interesting for revealing the other side of the coin.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
I had forgotten how awesome Nameless King entrance was, with the huge storm covering the whole place up with rain and whatnot.

Is Gwyn Jr supposedly the storm god (same way his father is the sun and his little brother the moon)? Or the storm is actually his drake?

Caim

Arcane
I had forgotten how awesome Nameless King entrance was, with the huge storm covering the whole place up with rain and whatnot.

Is Gwyn Jr supposedly the storm god (same way his father is the sun and his little brother the moon)? Or the storm is actually his drake?
The Nameless King was a war god before being cast out by his father Gwyn.

Also the sleeping princes at the end of the Ringed City DLC was originally supposed to be Gwyn's wife, not his daughter, which would clean up that thread.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Faraam was the God of War. That badass dude from the Dark Souls 2 box art.

Miyazaki pulled Nameless king out of his ass to specifically retcon Faraam out of existence, he felt threatened by Faraam's high levels of T.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Miyazaki pulled Nameless king out of his ass
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn - DS1 said:
Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the sunlight, once wore this ancient ring. Boosts the strength of miracles.

Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war, but his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known.
thinking.png

But yeah, who wouldn't feel threatened by Faraam's high levels of T? That fucking helmet, man. And that fur coat. Fuck.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn - DS1 said:
Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the sunlight, once wore this ancient ring. Boosts the strength of miracles.

Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war, but his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known.
that's Solaire.

Nameless King doesn't exist!!1

Silva

Arcane
How did you like my girl Dancer?

I find her awesome. Her slow and deliberate moves really gives me some waltz vibes. And the subdued music fits nicely.

Max Damage

Savant
She's a fun and stylish fight, I just wish camera zoomed out and angled for bosses like her. The only way to fully see most of her animations is to run far away, but you want to stay close if you're not doing magic, and columns in the room also add jankiness to how camera just freaks out if you're caught close to a wall.

Nathir

Liturgist
I replayed this game recently, and it's easily the worst From game. Something that stood out to me, that I missed completely on my first playthrough. There is an NPC in the ringed city DLC which is searching for his memories. After you finish his quest, it is revealed... the NPC is Patches! But Patches is already in the base game, doing his own thing? I was so confused when it happened. The whole story/lore of the game feels like some elaborate trolling by Miyazaki and co.

Silva

Arcane
I replayed this game recently, and it's easily the worst From game. Something that stood out to me, that I missed completely on my first playthrough. There is an NPC in the ringed city DLC which is searching for his memories. After you finish his quest, it is revealed... the NPC is Patches! But Patches is already in the base game, doing his own thing? I was so confused when it happened. The whole story/lore of the game feels like some elaborate trolling by Miyazaki and co.
Ringed City happens in the future of base game.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Even in the base game, Patches comes off as lazy compared to how DS2 mixed things up with Pate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom