Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I recently tried to get back into Dark Souls 3 but I discovered that there is a small, but noticeable, input delay when you hit the roll button. I've read that this is because both roll and sprint are bound to the same button. I don't why I never noticed this when I first beat the game years ago, but this time around it is quite jarring and unpleasant for me, especially coming off of games like Nioh 2 where the dodge action is instantaneous. Apparently this issue also exists in Elden Ring, but I can't confirm that as I haven't played it.
Are you playing on console? The issue is ten times worse there.

vibehunter

Learned
I recently tried to get back into Dark Souls 3 but I discovered that there is a small, but noticeable, input delay when you hit the roll button. I've read that this is because both roll and sprint are bound to the same button. I don't why I never noticed this when I first beat the game years ago, but this time around it is quite jarring and unpleasant for me, especially coming off of games like Nioh 2 where the dodge action is instantaneous. Apparently this issue also exists in Elden Ring, but I can't confirm that as I haven't played it.
Are you playing on console? The issue is ten times worse there.

On PC. It’s bad enough as it is, I can’t imagine playing it on console if it’s way worse.

Wunderbar

Arcane
7a2NUZI.jpg

mediocre poet said:

mediocrepoet tranny.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Huh. Dunno what danganronpa is, all the anime and nintendo drek checks out.

But DS3? I mean compared to all the other FS games DS3 is a disinterested, by-the-numbers, outsourced shovelware but tranny-adjacent? Those freaks only jizz over cutesy, harmless pap.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

But DS3? I mean compared to all the other FS games DS3 is a disinterested, by-the-numbers, outsourced shovelware but tranny-adjacent? Those freaks only jizz over cutesy, harmless pap.
They'll flock to whatever is current and mainstream.
See : DnD and Warhammer 40k / AoS.

Caim

Arcane
Anime-adjacent series about a bunch of kids getting locked in a school and being told by a demonic teddy bear that if they want to get out they have to go Lord of the Flies on one another until there's only one left, who can then go, but if the group can prove that someone murdered someone else the killer gets executed in an extremely gruesome manner.

The trans crowd likes this series because it lets them vicariously live out fantasies of killing their fellow man and getting away with it, as well as a cast including a schoolgirl who's so buff and manly looking that even other anime would call foul, a very girly looking boy and a psychotic girl who oh my god she is literally me.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So I'm pretty curious about the more mysterious mechanics of DS3. I am hollow. I've been hollow for some time. I took a deal from the male finger reader crone and he gave me five free levels. Only now I look like shit and have to use a mask or a magic ring to hide my disgusting appearance.

I'm pretty keen to just lean into this. I've got a hollow gem, I have the profaned coal and my weapon does innate bleed. How do I build for this? Just dump my STR back to requirements and put everything in Luck? Level the two evenly? Level STR to the softcap then put any extras I have into Luck? I only have 2 respecs left so I don't want to fuck my character up.

Silverfish

Arbiter
It's been a while, but as best as I can recall, how you build for hollow infusions comes down to what aspect of your weapon you want to focus on. If you want faster bleed build-up, meet the minimum stat requirements then boost luck and buff with Carthus Rouge. Also, since your weapon of choice is pretty heavy, try to get a Ghru weapon to off-hand. They're light, have low requirements and their poison build-up also scales with luck. If you want damage per hit and see the bleed effect as a bonus, get strength to at least the softcap for two-handed scaling (about 27-28 I think), and then boost strength and luck evenly, up to about 40-50 strength, and about 30-40 luck (When hollowed, hollow-infused weapons boost the luck stat by about 5 points I think, so a massive investment isn't necessarily needed). Since you've already put a couple of points into faith, consider going up to 15, so you can cast blessed weapon for a physical damage boost since the spiked mace doesn't have war cry.

Definitely get a second opinion though. I haven't played a luck character in ages.

Caim

Arcane
So this is looking pretty great:

Might be until Elden Ring 2 for it to be finished though.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I got the prisoner's chain! I found out about this ring early in my playthrough and I planned my build around using it. Still I wasn't sure I'd find it. Very glad to have this ring. I've traded my fallen knight set for the knight set with and the undead legion helm, thanks to the extra equip load. Doing so almost completely negates the decreases in my physical negation. I'm like 1% less than I was. Worth it for 15 free levels.

So my rings ended up being Prisoner's Chain, Deep Ring, Blue Tearstone Ring and Havel's Ring. I don't anticipate changing these now. Its a good setup. Didn't end up going hollow infusion. Sticking with heavy and putting any more points I get into STR, at least until the softcap.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I got the prisoner's chain! I found out about this ring early in my playthrough and I planned my build around using it. Still I wasn't sure I'd find it. Very glad to have this ring. I've traded my fallen knight set for the knight set with and the undead legion helm, thanks to the extra equip load. Doing so almost completely negates the decreases in my physical negation. I'm like 1% less than I was. Worth it for 15 free levels.

So my rings ended up being Prisoner's Chain, Deep Ring, Blue Tearstone Ring and Havel's Ring. I don't anticipate changing these now. Its a good setup. Didn't end up going hollow infusion. Sticking with heavy and putting any more points I get into STR, at least until the softcap.
How far are you in the game now? I'm curious what you think about some of the end game bosses.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

How far are you in the game now? I'm curious what you think about some of the end game bosses.
Ok so yesterday I fought Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, the Dancer of the Boreal Valley, Oceiros the Consumed Kingand Champion Gundyr. I also started the castle and killed the black goo thing in the foot of one of the dragons. Was looking for the other dragon's foot when I gave up for the day.

Aldrich was really fucking hard. Well, one move was hard. The rain of arrows. That killed me quite a few times and I never found a reliable way of avoiding it. Everything else was predictable and easy to dodge, his HP was low and his damage not too bad. He would have been piss easy except for that attack. The best I could do was sprinting away from it when at distance and running around him in circles when close. I could mostly avoid it by doing that and pretty comfortably got the W once I figured that out. Still I think that attack is bullshit.

Not much to say about the others. All were first try. I went and rested at a bonfire before I fought the Dancer. There was just very obviously going to be a boss fight. I would have been pretty fucked off if that fight had triggered before I rested, but I've played a video game before and I'm not stupid. Oceiros talked a lot and was piss easy. Pretty sure I could no hit him if I practiced. Champion Gundyr surprised me with some of his moves, but he was a fun fight. He was pretty easy for such a late game boss but I still enjoyed fighting him.

I had a much harder time with the two knights with ultras outside Oceiros' boss room than any of those bosses (except Aldrich). So far the only bosses I've found hard were Sullyvahn and Aldrich. Not sure how far I have to go but based on how hard normal enemies are hitting and the fact all but one chair in the shrine now has bones on it I'd say I'm at endgame. I've mostly loved the game so I may continue into NG+. I've also bought the season pass and downloaded the DLC. I found the snow place but concluded my weapon upgrade was too low at the time. I should go back to that next time I play.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Aldrich was really fucking hard. Well, one move was hard. The rain of arrows.
The way I used to do it was to stay far from him so most of the arrows are wasted by the time they get to you and then just run in a circle for a bit. It was pretty consistent. I've seen a cheesier way to do it by sticking to him like glue and moving around to his tail when he shoots then attacking the tail, but I've never tried it myself so dunno if it's as simple as that, or something more involved.

I fucking hate that fight. Not that it's hard but in the 2nd phase he spazzes around so much and if you have low damage output so the fight takes a long time, you're gonna end up in some weird situations because of the arena. I remember one time, he got stuck in the door opposite the fog gate and took him a good minute to get unstuck. Not that I minded since it was free damage.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Oceiros is a weird one. It's an absolute clusterfuck of a fight because he keeps going apeshit, but he's also kind of easy? I don't think I've died to him.
Aldritch is hard the first time around because of his bullet hell shit, but after you worked out where to hit him (tap his ass, not his face) and how to dodge his arrows he becomes a lot easier.

Old Hans

Arcane
[Just one data point: there's no roll delay in Elden Ring on Xbox Series X, in my 120h+ experience]
thats because elden ring babyfied everything. now when poeple go back to play dark souls they're all like "this game is broken! its all slow and im always out of stamina"

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
But not really - I got back to DS1 recently and I still find it to be great.

Well, maybe those who play it now for the first time...

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Imagine you had a perfect girlfriend. Good looking, attentive, kind, honest. Every morning she makes you breakfast in bed then gives you head before you start the day. She's 10/10 in every way. Then one morning she doesn't make you breakfast in bed. She cuts your penis off while you're sleeping. How would you rate your relationship with her? Would you average out the good with the bad? I wouldn't. I'd give her one star because, despite all her good qualities, that bitch cut my penis off and there's nothing that can redeem her of that. Its so bad it eclipses all the good times you had together.

Today I fought Lothric and Lorian and got my penis cut off. Never playing this again. I'll beat it once then I'm uninstalling. Fuck this game I'm still mad even though its over.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Come on, Princes weren't that bad. Did you, at least, fight Nameless King?
I haven't found him. Edit: Okay I looked it up and found him. Got through phase 1 pretty easy and got him down to half health before getting evaporated by a lightning bolt. Tried a couple more times. Seems doable. Not in the mood RN. Still mad from the last boss. When I finish this game I'm going to play Stray. The cute cat game. No more souls for a bit.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Imagine you had a perfect girlfriend. Good looking, attentive, kind, honest. Every morning she makes you breakfast in bed then gives you head before you start the day. She's 10/10 in every way. Then one morning she doesn't make you breakfast in bed. She cuts your penis off while you're sleeping. How would you rate your relationship with her? Would you average out the good with the bad? I wouldn't. I'd give her one star because, despite all her good qualities, that bitch cut my penis off and there's nothing that can redeem her of that. Its so bad it eclipses all the good times you had together.

Today I fought Lothric and Lorian and got my penis cut off. Never playing this again. I'll beat it once then I'm uninstalling. Fuck this game I'm still mad even though its over.

dark-souls-get-good.gif

Silverfish

Arbiter
R1 spamming with FUGS. I didn't see a single heavy or charged attack. Tempted to kick you out of strength gang.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom