Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Lorian's fight is pretty good but frustrating as fuck. I remember it being the most annoying to me, together with Nameless King. With Lorian's case it wasn't so bad, but NK's fight is more of a case of you trying to fight the camera more than the boss.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Okay I got Nameless King. He was a lot easier than other hard bosses in this game. Top 3 hardest so far are Alrditch, Pontiff and the two princes. Nameless King was tough but fair. He was a relentless attacker but (at least in phase 2) I could see his attacks coming and learn their timings and when I could heal. The princes felt unfair.

I didn't like fighting the camera in phase 1 but it wasn't a huge deal. The phase 1 in this video is probably the worst phase 1 I did. Even my first go at him I didn't get beaten up that much at the start. Stance breaking both him and the dragon was pretty easy, and their health bars weren't too bad. Probably because I've got a 40 in STR and a +10 weapon. Still, a good fight. I don't mind redoing a fight if it feels like I'm learning each time.

Dodge punish with the hammer has carried me through this whole game. I've been using that thing since it dropped from the first fat preacher I saw in the undead village. Its really great. I love its rolling R1.

Edit: I need over half a million souls to heal the dark sigil. Worth it?

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So that video of me getting the piss beaten out of me by the princes is now my most viewed video. I've been trying to get a small following on my YT channel for a couple weeks now. Streaming ER. I've been looking up popular ER tags and adding them to my streams, doing narration non stop for 7 hours even though nobody is watching. Most of my streams get 10 views. The videos get a few more, but only because I post them on the Codex. Currently that one has 240. Earlier today it had about 100.

I guess I'll be streaming the Dark Souls series instead now. I'm actually cool with that. I wanted to move onto the older games but I figured I should play them privately because I'm terrible at them. I guess people want to see that.

You put a clickbaity title in your video, that's guaranteed to get views ;) People are probably tuning in to see if you did something crazy or stupid, and that fight is still one of the most popular ones. My guess is that people are replaying DS3 now that the online services for PC are back again and the whole Elden Ring hype train surely must've helped.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
You put a clickbaity title in your video, that's guaranteed to get views ;) People are probably tuning in to see if you did something crazy or stupid, and that fight is still one of the most popular ones. My guess is that people are replaying DS3 now that the online services for PC are back again and the whole Elden Ring hype train surely must've helped.
Haha yeah that was unitentional clickbait. I was genuinely mad when I posted that. I did a lot of attempts on that fight. I'll def clickbait more though. It really does work.

Silverfish

Arbiter
"Nameless King attacks with what!? (Gone Sexual.mp4)"
"Dark Souls virgin vs trap Gwyndolin"
"She uses her babies!? Royal Rat Authority Boss Fight - Dark Souls 2, Part 32"

The possibilities are endless.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Nameless King attacks with what!? (Gone Sexual.mp4)"
"Dark Souls virgin vs trap Gwyndolin"
"She uses her babies!? Royal Rat Authority Boss Fight - Dark Souls 2, Part 32"

The possibilities are endless.
Hollowed HATE him! Destroy legions with this ONE simple trick!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Huge tits would help a lot. Maybe some ASMR while you are playing :P
I think this is what you're after. This noble soul has been giving cunnilingus to that mic 18 hours a day for at least a couple years now: https://www.twitch.tv/whitespaa

Edit: Just noticed the "not live" in the corner. Fuck. She could be dead for all I know.
lol, Jesus. I was listening to your Elden Ring video, and you were talking about streaming was the lowest form of entertainment, but I think that link you posted is below it :)

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
Top 3 hardest so far are Alrditch, Pontiff and the two princes.
You found Aldritch difficult? You suck.

Pontiff is enjoyably difficult, and so is Nameless King.

Worst boss in the game - Yorm the Giant. Either haxxor your way with the storm ruler, or spend the rest of your life chipping away at his enormous health bar. Who thought this was a good idea? Oh, and as soon as you're done, you get automatically summoned into another boss fight (wtf?). It's like the game has a massive brainfart at that point.

Last edited:

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Pontiff is enjoyably difficult,
Get outta here, pontiff is a shit fight. He has a different delay for everything he does including scratching his balls and the only way they could've made him even more anime was to have him spin 7 times in the air before attacking. Guess they saved that for Elden Ring.
Oh, and as soon as you're done, you get automatically summoned into another boss fight (wtf?).
Just to nitpick here, but that's not exactly a feature of the Yhorm fight. You get teleported to the Dancer after killing the 3rd lord which can also be Aldrich. And it's your fault for not killing the bitch earlier so you can rob the castle of all the upgrade mats there. :smug:

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
Get outta here, pontiff is a shit fight. He has a different delay for everything he does including scratching his balls and the only way they could've made him even more anime was to have him spin 7 times in the air before attacking.
I am sorry for your poor reflexes, but it is extremely satisfying when you finally get in the zone and dodge his attacks while chipping away at his health consistently. And yes, it's a game made by japs, of course it's anime.

Keep in mind one extremely important fact: Souls games are cheese factories. The game cheeses. There's no reason why you shouldn't do the same. Go ahead and cheese. It's okay.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Get outta here, pontiff is a shit fight. He has a different delay for everything he does including scratching his balls and the only way they could've made him even more anime was to have him spin 7 times in the air before attacking.
I am sorry for your poor reflexes, but it is extremely satisfying when you finally get in the zone and dodge his attacks while chipping away at his health consistently. And yes, it's a game made by japs, of course it's anime.
What you mean to say it's extremely satisfying when you trained yourself like a dog to respond to a certain animation by pressing the dodge button after a specific amount of time then do it all over again with the next boss with another set of delayed attacks. If pavlovian conditioning is your thing, enjoy.

And as to the 2nd point, no. Demons's Souls was not anime. The first signs of the rot began with Artorias but it was DS3 that went full retard. Or seemingly so at the time, since ER proved that DS3 was actually not even close to achieving full retardation.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Took about 4 attempts to "train myself like a dog".
You respond to conditioning betters than others. Good for you.
Yeah, that's the entire Souls genre, retard.
You either never played DeS or DS1, or if you did you started with the arse end of the series and were trained that roll spam is the both the only and ultimate play style. Many such cases, very sad.

Dadd

Learned
Imagine you had a perfect girlfriend. Good looking, attentive, kind, honest. Every morning she makes you breakfast in bed then gives you head before you start the day. She's 10/10 in every way. Then one morning she doesn't make you breakfast in bed. She cuts your penis off while you're sleeping. How would you rate your relationship with her? Would you average out the good with the bad? I wouldn't. I'd give her one star because, despite all her good qualities, that bitch cut my penis off and there's nothing that can redeem her of that. Its so bad it eclipses all the good times you had together.

Today I fought Lothric and Lorian and got my penis cut off. Never playing this again. I'll beat it once then I'm uninstalling. Fuck this game I'm still mad even though its over.

Panic rolling and healing within the range of the enemy who is about to attack you is more like cutting your own penis off to use your metaphor

somerandomdude

Learned
Imagine you had a perfect girlfriend. Good looking, attentive, kind, honest. Every morning she makes you breakfast in bed then gives you head before you start the day. She's 10/10 in every way. Then one morning she doesn't make you breakfast in bed. She cuts your penis off while you're sleeping. How would you rate your relationship with her? Would you average out the good with the bad? I wouldn't. I'd give her one star because, despite all her good qualities, that bitch cut my penis off and there's nothing that can redeem her of that. Its so bad it eclipses all the good times you had together.

Today I fought Lothric and Lorian and got my penis cut off. Never playing this again. I'll beat it once then I'm uninstalling. Fuck this game I'm still mad even though its over.

You were playing like you were scared and passed up on a bunch of really safe windows to attack. That particular boss is very susceptible to circle strafing and getting behind to attack as well.

The boss totally tards out when you circle around, for example:

https://youtu.be/zkSaid2H1pY

Panic rolling and healing within the range of the enemy who is about to attack you is more like cutting your own penis off to use your metaphor

You probably think Poise "doesn't work" anymore :smug:

Dadd

Learned

You probably think Poise "doesn't work" anymore :smug:

Some say anything is possible

Silverfish

Arbiter
The first signs of the rot began with Artorias but it was DS3 that went full retard.

Nah, DS3 actually pulled back a bit from Bloodborne. Based B-Team remnants.

Took about 4 attempts to "train myself like a dog".

Pontiff is funny in the sense that he's only challenging if you play in the anime / dodging style that most Souls fans insist upon now. Massive delays and roll-catches don't matter if you have a halfway decent shield.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom