Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkest Dungeon II

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Some ea footage

looks like shit

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
wha happun to my grave robber. im surprised she didn't cut her fingers.
PuZVILU.png

VS

VpiZb34.png

y1xpgnR.png

YyIBp6X.jpg

in the first pic she's holding TWO knives. it also looks silly. i hate it!

Wunderbar

Arcane
I was hoping for something more akin to Battle Brotheres or X-Com-like. Very sad that they decided to streamline the shit out of their game instead of improving on the existing formula.

Zeriel

Arcane
Decline is continuous and irreversible.

Man-at-Arm's and Highwayman's jaunting and juking idle animations look goofy as hell.

Everything looks extremely, unneccessarily "busy" and the animations are way too distracting, it's just overload. DD1 looks better on everything but maybe a technical ("there is factually more going on") level.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The UI looks somehow like more of a mess than before. During the battle screen there's tons of dead space beneath and the whole thing looks very mobile friendly.

Animations would look better if they slowed them down, especially the idle stances where they look like they're in Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting. Relationship system seems like boring shit that doesn't add much and I'm guessing this has written over the previous affliction statuses from DD1 which were an area with lots to explore still and tonally fitting. It feels like some barely subtle way to force gay shit into the game without being outright overt with it. Oh boy the Grave Robber and Hellion are AMOROUS! Yay! I'm so happy and stunningly don't give a fuck.

While DD1 had a good share of problems, it at least had a tight vision of what it wanted to be. This game is what happens when you expand your small and humble workspace to let in a bunch of weird ass people who probably wrote Tumblr fanfiction about Reynauld and Dismas being confessional goblins.

At least some of the enemies look cool and the music is good.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I had to double check my settings to see if I had the video playing at double speed, because those idle animations look goofy as hell.

Suicidal

Arcane
I watched a few people stream it and it seems like they completely changed the game's genre. The first one was an X-comish base management with sending squads of units on missions, while this one is a rogue-lite where you select a party and then try to go as far as you can and when you die you start over and some upgrades carry over.

Ironically, this seems like this might be an improvement, because the first game's combat and dungeon systems were far too simplistic and repetitive to support a 50+ hour X-com like campaign (I started the game several times but quit every time around half way through cause grinding the same 4 locations with the same 20 enemies with what is essentially mobile game RPG combat got old REALLY fast). Still, this is going to be a bargain bin buy for me.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
He usually records with cheat engine on so yeah, they are sped up.

That is good to know, the animations were driving me insane (even more than his accent)

I don't like the graphical changes but I could probably get used to them as long as the core gameplay (and the awesome atmosphere) are the same. As I don't play early access games, they still have plenty of time to polish this, so I remain (fabulously?) optimistic that it will be good at launch

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Wonder why I didn't know about this... aaah, Epic exclusive... no thank you, I'll pass on this attempt to milk Darkest Dungeon some more.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Ha yes, what was darkest dungeon lacking was obviously a bit of ... dating sims mechanics ?

:majordecline:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game is way overtuned atm. Enemies have massive health pool while ur regular attacks barely make a scratch, you have to heavily rely on rng and hope for a crit to make proper damage. Waiting for a cheat trainer to fix the game like the last one, which was only fixed by trainers and cheat tables.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So even the random mooks get Death´s Door now? I guess that will just make fights unnecessarily tedious... we will see I guess but it seems that the original DD was such a fluke that the Red Hook themselves have no idea how to do something that good again...

Seethe

Arbiter
Enemies with Death's Door. Turn 5 limit to defeat the enemy if you want to get stuff. They are really creative when it comes to shit design, I'll give them that. And here I thought the first game reached the peak of this kind of bullshit with the "heart attacks".

And unlockable characters are yet another huge dumb design decision.

One of the newer trends I've noticed in these games that do a gothic or dark fantasy approach is trying to deny the warrior of light archetype being the posterboy or being in the game to begin with. Take Diablo for example, they've made their token melee hero the Barbarian. It's a game where you fight the Devil and if you thought of a knight-in-shining-armor then you're wrong because it's actually some fat muscled mountain man that will deliver us all.

It's coming to the point where making a game that plays it straight with a Good vs. Evil angle is going to be more original than the hundred attempts to shake things up needlessly.

Leftard attempts at being subversive while in reality simply indulging in their hangups and grudges.

And they very much are leftards, considering the stronk womyn and nigs in DD1.

Not gonna lie seeing "Deus Vult" baboons seething about this kind of ridiculous self-victimizing shit is amusing. It's even more funny when le ebin "trad caths" like you who enjoy the smell of their own farts are not actually being targeted (like in this case) and you're just being a paranoid moron looking for shit to screech about. Like a feminist frothing at the mouth for not feeling "included", ironically.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Seethe coming in with that impotent atheist rage. Real OGs like Fedora and I will be clinking wine glasses with Darklands saints, this nigga Seethe here gonna be stewing in some shitty pine coffin being eaten by my cousins lmao

Seethe

Arbiter
Seethe coming in with that impotent atheist rage. Real OGs like Fedora and I will be clinking wine glasses with Darklands saints, this nigga Seethe here gonna be stewing in some shitty pine coffin being eaten by my cousins lmao

Don't worry, the Crusader and Vestal weren't followers of Christ. You aren't losing anything anyway due to the devs not being inclusive enough for your liking. Besides the game is in EA, and those two will obviously come in with later updates. You're only setting yourself up for looking like an even bigger retard right now.

You are not a Christian, so stop larping as one. You are not a Christian and more importantly, you will never be one.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Besides the game is in EA, and those two will obviously come in with later updates

I'll make you a deal: if this doesn't happen you have to livestream yourself sitting in a Church and asking the priest to forgive you for being a rabid homosexual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom