Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DarkUnderlord vs Menckenstein Official Betting Thread

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Uh, you do realize that both sheek and Trash bore that tag well before you did, right?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
200 brofists on Menk

Fuck it, I'll bet the 1000 brofists I've gotten from the goddamn Gamergate thread on Menk.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Uh, you do realize that both sheek and Trash bore that tag well before you did, right?

I know that. Why do you think I'm reacting the way I am?

If DU allowed it I would be trying to take your tag, but his rules don't work that way so at best I can only give you mine. Prove you aren't a quitter and accept my challenge.

OnTheEdge.png
for hiver if Menck wins.

zerotol's posts are really useful for quickly finding the tag pictures

edit:

OP said:
Note: I am only accepting tag transference. Meaning to bet a tag, you must have the tag you are betting.

oh shit, new rules? N
evermind then, I'll try to think of something better. But there's no one I care about unbanning (those I'd like to have been self-ejected) and just betting brofists is a waste... :(

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that DarkUnderlord wrestles Djinns for entertainment. Go over your bets and hold them up against what he wrote in OP. Anyone trying to get cute with their interpretation (EG: Asking for more than 1 person to be (un)banned in a single condition or transferring tags they don't actually have) are begging for DU to dole out creative punishments or ignoring them altogether.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is a hard one. I don't know how good DU is at games. Menck always struck me as a psycho gun collector so he's probably quite good at UT. And yeah... as someone mentioned... Menck could just throw the match. Can't really police that.

Bah, the last condition (must have the tag you're betting) turned this into a glorified game of musical chairs.

tumblr_llzpf2CmaP1qjaso5o1_400.gif

edit: I know! hiver, come bet your dumbfuck or white knight tags against me. Choose your champion, I don't mind. If you lose, you get the Advertising Plant avatar, which is just as appropriate for you. I want some excitement!

:slamdunk:

Come on and slam!

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So who's going to host this? With one contestant being in Oz and the other in Kwa, someone is in for lag. It may be the deciding factor on where a smart bro should bet his fistings.
I can already tell you that regardless of whom hosts it, I'll be lagging. I'll be playing on a laptop using a mobile phone as a hotspot, which is plugged into an aerial that points at a mobile phone tower over 4 km away.

I average about 300 ms ping on any online game. Even Minecraft only ever has me at 2 bar with occasional disconnects.

Speaking of which, if I should disconnect, I'll have to re-join. We'll have to keep track of scores if that happens.

DarkUnderlord, what is your Unreal Tournament experience?
I played a lot of Instagib CTF against bots in UT2k4.

If I even agree to participate I want my fists + crispy battle bet fists restored. I have no interest in the Awor simulator game, so that would give me incentive.
'k

Also:

Un-prosperization if Menk wins.
'k

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
All my brofists on Menck

I'm assuming this won't be fixed in any way otherwise I will want my bet nulled.

Dev_Anj

Learned
I can't believe I missed this and the previous duelling thread. This is the best thing I've ever seen on this forum, and I hope it becomes a regular thing.

Oh right, I think I don't have much of anything to vote, so I'm just going to be a very passive spectator. Still going to have a lot of fun though!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well with 300ms on a online shooter it's not going to be much of a competition

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is why I think it's a setup. Menck is going to throw it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well with 300ms on a online shooter it's not going to be much of a competition

There are ways to increase your ping so both parties have the same baseline. Should be a standard measure for a high-stakes contest like this one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is the best thing I've ever seen on this forum
Best thing you've seen in three months? JEEPERS!
You do realize that I can read most of this forum without an account right? And I did read some of it a while ago before joining.
What I don't realize is why that aging 5 out of 10 Irenaeus brofisted your post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom