Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Dawn of War patchimified, getting new website + forums

A horse of course

http://www.relicnews.com/archives/2014/05/dawn-of-war-patched-details-from-relicnoun/

As people may or may not have noticed, Dawn of War has received updates. Yes, the original Dawn of War.

I’ll give the screaming legions of fanboys a moment to settle themselves, including myself.

Back to the newspost. This update goes out to all Steam versions of Dawn of War (more information on that later on). Primarily it removes the dying Gamespy, that benevolent and much-loved MP backend we pretty weren’t amazingly fond of. Less with Gamespy, more with Steamworks (more on that as well, later)!

It probably includes various other bits and fixes, Dark Crusade in particular receiving a notable upgrade to have full widescreen support (from the stretched fake widescreen it used to have).

Trying to get more information on the subject, I reached out to Noun, from Relic Entertainment. Thankfully he was able to take time out of his schedule to answer a few questions on the subject.

Gorb: Will there be further patches, specifically to DoW 1, beyond what some have had already?

Noun: Yes, there will be further work on the Dawn of War series. We’re comitted to moving them over to a combination of our own Battle Servers and Steamworks as we did with the original Company of Heroes.

The first DoW will recieve more updates as we work to fix any issues or bugs that the transition has caused.

Gorb: Will they be Steam version only?

Noun: Yes, going forward the Dawn of War games will be Steam based.

Gorb: Likely to see patch notes, however boring they are?

Noun: At some point we’ll have a bug list where we’ll track issues we’re tackling. We’re not sure on Patch Notes at this point since it’s a lot of stuff and none of it really is user visible.

Gorb: Anything upcoming you’re allowed to talk about, i.e. a website? :p

Noun: There will be a new website. It’s coming. More details on that next week.

We’ll also have forums! But those will take a bit longer because we’re going to be looking at a few different types of forum software.

Gorb: Will there be Steam support for the older DoW games for older gamers? Only SS is redeemable currently.

Noun: They should all be redeemable if you put your original key into Steam. We haven’t heard of issues, but if you have links to people reporting them let me know and we can investigate.

Gorb: Noted, fantastic. I think that’s everything. I only asked about patch notes because DC has an updated engine and wide-screen support. Are we likely to see this in vDoW and WA? I understand if you don’t know at this point

Noun: The games are pretty close to how they’re going to be now. So the main work has focused on moving the servers over. There’s still work to do there in regards to Automatch and Leaderboards, but it’s not likely that we’ll be adding in wide-screen support at this point for the older DoW games.

Gorb: Excellent! Thanks for your time, I know how precious it always is!

Noun: No problem. You’ll be seeing more of me soon ;)

And that concludes the update for the Dawn of War series! Hopefully we’ll have more to share in the coming weeks :)

For the
Craftworld :smug:

OiQenjO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Proper wide screen support would be pretty cool.

BUT WHERE IS DOW3 RELIC?!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Proper wide screen support would be pretty cool.

BUT WHERE IS DOW3 RELIC?!
They lost their licence bid agaisnt Warhammer 40K Storm of Vengeance.
I don't know whether Sega has any interesting plan for Relic. They seem to embrance the DLC nonsense in their Total War series, and in the new CoH2 one, so I'm slightly worried either way.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
More updates for DoW1? :incline: While I liked DoW2, I always held the first one in higher regards. It was an RTS, not a Diablo-light with lots of trash loot like the 2nd game.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
A good case of voice acting that too. Sindri had a persona but the new chaos sorc (in winter assault) was much more appealing.

Yeah, but Sindri (aka Scott McNeil) came back with a vengeance in DoW2: Chaos Rising.

This right here is, to me, the best piece of voice acting in the history of video games. All sorts of Bloodlines and other stuff ain't got shit on the DoW2 sorc.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Even nowadays sometimes I'm going through my daily life and this guy pops in my head

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And of course it removes the exe from DoW GoTY that allowed you to play winter assault.

commander BOREALE enemy forces at our perimeter

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS DEFENSIVE AND SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLE DEVASTATING SIMULTANEOUS DEEP STRIKES

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom