Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dawn of War Tournament - SEASON 3 NOW OVER

Sarathiour

Cipher
If it can help convincing you, I haven't touched DoW in years, and I wasn't exactly a competitive player back then. I got my ass spanked yesterday in a test match against roxxor, so I also need a bit of warmup before tourney start.

I am available from 21 to 0:00 most night, at least for the coming weeks.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
GMT +3 here, available from 20:00 to 01:00 hours.

Should be fine then.

Welcome aboard!
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
anyway this would mean we already have 8 niggas signed up

(4 of which are undecided on races lmao)

good, keep 'em coming
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

Sarathiour

Cipher
Come on, cut us some slack, we just (re)installed the game, I'm giving you my choice before the hand of the week, and can probably already tell you what I won't play if you're that angsty about counter pick :smug:.

Sarathiour

Cipher

I did a few game against roxxor and whocare yesterday, who gave me some tips, like stop picking flammer on SM.

I should have saved my last match against whocare if you're curious about the current level.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
Things are a bit chaotic lately, so I figure I shouldn't commit to something like this only to let everyone down. But here are a few thoughts on strategy to anyone that might be rusty:
  1. Always build all the reactors you can as soon as possible. This will ensure that you have the maximum amount of energy by the end of the match. Don't forget to upgrade, though!
  2. Whenever you capture a strategic point, build a listening post on it. Reinforce it as much as you can and add some turrets as well. This way you don't have to pay much attention to it, but leave it to defend itself while you take the next point.
  3. Whenever you move enough away from base, build a new base on a suitable location. This has various advantages, such as providing you with duplicated buildings in case some are destroyed, allowing you to deploy trips faster and defending the base area. Besides looking cool.
  4. Always build turrets all around your bases, again so their defence is automated.
  5. Speaking of turrets, don't go for new areas before fully entrenching the old ones. Otherwise you might be attacked while you are not paying attention.
  6. On to units, always make sure to get one of each available. Then you can get duplicates of whatever you like best. Having a diverse army allows you to respond to any kind of situation.
  7. Finally, always purchase every upgrade at a tech level before moving to the next. The order actually doesn't matter all that much since you want to finish research long before you actually attack the enemy, but going in order will help you not forget any research, since different races might vary a whole lot on what techs they get and where they are researched.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
On to units, always make sure to get one of each available. Then you can get duplicates of whatever you like best. Having a diverse army allows you to respond to any kind of situation.

Diversity is our strength!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
After some trial n error with OBS and other free video editing software I managed to scrounge up a trial video.
Do tell if the quality is ok.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Quality is OK, game being laggy is bad news since I live in a cave :/

Allright I'll be playing with Chaos and Necrons. At least I can return as something even if I die .

Sarathiour

Cipher
Things are a bit chaotic lately, so I figure I shouldn't commit to something like this only to let everyone down. But here are a few thoughts on strategy to anyone that might be rusty:
  1. Always build all the reactors you can as soon as possible. This will ensure that you have the maximum amount of energy by the end of the match. Don't forget to upgrade, though!
  2. Whenever you capture a strategic point, build a listening post on it. Reinforce it as much as you can and add some turrets as well. This way you don't have to pay much attention to it, but leave it to defend itself while you take the next point.
  3. Whenever you move enough away from base, build a new base on a suitable location. This has various advantages, such as providing you with duplicated buildings in case some are destroyed, allowing you to deploy trips faster and defending the base area. Besides looking cool.
  4. Always build turrets all around your bases, again so their defence is automated.
  5. Speaking of turrets, don't go for new areas before fully entrenching the old ones. Otherwise you might be attacked while you are not paying attention.
  6. On to units, always make sure to get one of each available. Then you can get duplicates of whatever you like best. Having a diverse army allows you to respond to any kind of situation.
  7. Finally, always purchase every upgrade at a tech level before moving to the next. The order actually doesn't matter all that much since you want to finish research long before you actually attack the enemy, but going in order will help you not forget any research, since different races might vary a whole lot on what techs they get and where they are researched.

Xenos hand typed this.

A few lag spike against cyberarmy, nothing too problematic so far.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

I did a few game against roxxor and whocare yesterday, who gave me some tips, like stop picking flammer on SM.

I should have saved my last match against whocare if you're curious about the current level.
feel free to submit some replay - I have trouble finding opponents due to my GMT+8 times.

Sarathiour

Cipher
As whocares pointed out, the game in itself is not really interesting, it should only serve as giving a rough idea of the current level of newcomer like me, and eventually serve as providing some tips.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
I confess I might or might not have used a key reseller to grab the whole thing for 5 bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom