Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dawn of War Tournament - SEASON 3 NOW OVER

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
a7625563882413ef1ab23ac935619f97.png

Truly none can stop the alliance of tau and ig.
Thanks for the games everyone. Feels good to have the trophy return to its rightful keeper.
I'm pretty happy with how my IG skills have increased. But as the first game of finals showed, I still have quite a bit to go with Tau in terms of mastery.
I'll still be around for random games if anyone is interested.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Das it then. The trophy returns to the winner of Season 1. You can tell he's a butthurt tryhard because he went with two OP factions just to get it while everyone else had to struggle with honest picks!

P. cool tournament, everything went very smoothly and with no quitters.

See you in 15 years for season IV
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

Final Imperial thought of the day: Never take a gamble you’re not prepared to lose.

and final standings:

dowleague23.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
My only regret is not beating zen even once in sparring match before the end of the tourney.

So a tau that does not you use trap nor shas'ui end up winning the cup, the blame is on all the other player.
Joke aside, it's a well deserved win, jaedar was the most consistant player here, and was often around for sparring and mastering IG.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm still toying with the idea of getting back into warcraft 3 instead but no one's biting.
Is wc3 decently balanced for mp? I only ever played campaign and custom maps.

The whole reforged edition debacle is making me wary as well.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
And as for reforged - there's no two ways about it, it sucks major ass. But if you have an old CD key (or can get one for cheap from wherever), you don't have to buy it. You'll still have to download the bloated 30 gigs of it, but then you'll get to play the game with classic graphics and like 95% of it is the same as it used to be pre-reforged (some sounds got changed, diversity skins for a couple of heroes got added, online community features and lobby UI got gutted, and some occasional new bugs were introduced; maybe I'm forgetting a few points against it off the top of my head).
As I understood it they broke the whole online aspect of it to make it reforged compatible, and even with the old version you are still running reforged engine which added a bunch of bugs.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Having to suffer trough reforge is heavily curbing on my enthusiasm to ever play war3 online. AoM player bypassed the EE trough volby, isn't a similar solution possible for war 3 ?

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to play WC3 you can go for some rutracker version of the old one and play through virtual LAN

Nahel

Arcane
WC3 is playable in custom maps despite reforged but they pretty much killed the ladder to the point people use some external ladder. Could be fun honestly, it uses micro like DOW but as who cares said no retarded matchup. Even the infamous BM got nerfed. With friends it can be fun or in a codex format, but no reason to play real ladder those days.
But 2vs2 is the real fun part

DoWhocares

Literate
The people's champion and the undisputed master of throwing is up for another round.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But are there any other FAGETS up to tango

The people's champion and the undisputed master of throwing is up for another round.

moar liek throwing up lmao got em

Nahel

Arcane
Revenge for my humiliation! Might be hard to find the time but why not

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't played this is ages and will most likely suck. But would not mind getting my ass raped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom