Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

These characters are hella ugly. They nerfed Kendra's ass and tits, while they buffed the black guy's height and head.

Why does Nicole look like she's 40? Isn't she supposed to be like 20?

Also, did they just make Kendra into a lesbian? I don't remember her saying that in the first game.
Time to find and back up copies of the original I guess.

Imagine you're a teenage male booting this up for the first time to see that you're out to rescue some 40+ year old woman. And they want us to believe Isaac was watching the vid over and over...

How did they take this:

R.4e53fb3d82e236ebc76fb23cc8719274

And end up with what they used? It's not like it's some Lara Croft scenario either, its just a somewhat cute girl and they can't even give you THAT. I bet they thought they were really clever working in Kendra's lesbian line too.

And not that Dead Space was a masterCraft of storytelling, but compare the original opening to this one. Hammond is established as a professional authority figure and corrects Kendra several times (which they've removed apparently), and he is the character you initially look to for guidance; now he loses his shit and has a nigga moment ("I'm done playin' around!"). Kendra went from being a intelligent woman who was clearly flustered by the situation and not on the same page as Hammond, to some bland dyke. Unsurprisingly I think the changes are a lot worse and do more to break the narrative than help it.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In space nobody can hear you virtue signal.

It has actually come to the point where I get surprised when characters are heterosexual.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm surprised they didn't turn black the two women of the relatively small cast. I suppose because both end badly as traditional slashes movie rules.

I realized why the new Necromorphs don't look right. They look rotted. The originals did not. The originals were torn, bloody, mutilated, sure. But they weren't rotted, because they were basically living beings, and given the way a Necromorph outbreak occurs, a corpse is generally reanimated into a living Necromorph quite soon after death; moreover, the outbreak occurred only shortly before our arrival and is basically winding down as the game takes place (the last survivors can be encountered here and there), so basically any bodies would be fresh. The new Necromorphs look like corpses that had actually undergone a fair amount of decomposition, and it just... doesn't fit with what we know about the situation in the game world. Why are they rotted? Didn't they just die? There's no reason why, so it doesn't look appropriate. All the non-Necromorph human corpses we encounter are not rotted, and those are basically last on the list for reanimation, so it makes no sense that the already-reanimated Necromorphs, which had less time to decompose, are rotted.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I played the original again a year ago, still holds up nicely. Don't see why it needs to be remade if all they're gonna do is bullshit changes.

If you have the IP, make a goddamn new game. People want to know what happened with that cliffhanger ending. The lovecraftian twist was the only good thing about DS3.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Weird how the style feels changed - from spartan utilitarian military space look to light 40k/gothic.
it's not a thoughtful stylistic choice, i've mentioned this in other threads but this sort of extremely noisy, hyper detail heavy look is a result of modern industry vfx tools that allow you to layer on absurd amounts of detail with little effort or thought (there's a video earlier in the thread to give you an idea of this). everything in the game now looks like it is comprised of 80,000 modular little pieces instead of having the monolithic cargo/oil tanker look that the game used to have. the comparison shot posted above is a good example, the guard rails in the new versions are now made up of 500 different pieces and even the floor is now some sort of conveyor belt of segmented ridges. also 100x darker now because i guess they forgot to install proper lighting on the ship.
The good: Isaac's suit has shoulderpads and some more details that makes it look more like something you would wear for protection, rather than a shirt with mechanical bits grafted into it.
this is bad too. Isaac is an engineer, in the original it made sense that he had some very basic environmental protection looking suit, something that looked like what those underwater welders who work on oil rigs wear, which made him seem frail and weak against the monsters. now he looks like he is a space marine terminator wearing a plate armor comprised of 80,000 modular little pieces.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
the original dead space has a very good lived-in-feel/space trucker aesthetic mixed in body horror straight out of the thing or a cronenberg movie

the remake looks like a bad fakefactory mod - and fakefactory doesn't realize that less is sometimes *more*

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
All these fuckin Glen doubters that were creaming their pants over this remake moments ago cuz he didn't optimize his game for their Xerox Alto just realized that the retards over at EA are taking so long cuz they're removing every sign of tits and ass they can find and turning all the womyn menopausal dyke hags ackackackack

THE DONUT WAS RIGHT AGAIN! Callisto Protocol ain't got none of this pinko commie bullshit.

atwwLZF.png

DBGX0Zc.png

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Lol, of all the changes they made, what's with your gf looking like a granny :lol: I guess they got a "no" on a request to make her blaxx and fingers really started itching.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I just learned that the remake was made by the people from the infamous Bioware Montreal studio.
That explains a few things.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played the original again a year ago, still holds up nicely. Don't see why it needs to be remade if all they're gonna do is bullshit changes.

If you have the IP, make a goddamn new game. People want to know what happened with that cliffhanger ending. The lovecraftian twist was the only good thing about DS3.
There is a dlc that takes place after the moons. I guess it's the true ending? I have not played it so I'm not sure (no spoilers please).

Lol, of all the changes they made, what's with your gf looking like a granny :lol: I guess they got a "no" on a request to make her blaxx and fingers really started itching.
Original Dead Space had an age gap with Isaac being considerably older than Nicole. Leftist faggots hate that so the age gap was reversed. Clarke is no longer greying and balding while Nicole looks 50 years old.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Original Dead Space had an age gap with Isaac being considerably older than Nicole. Leftist faggots hate that so the age gap was reversed. Clarke is no longer greying and balding while Nicole looks 50 years old.
Macron must have been a big investor then.
Who'd have thought that the president of France was a Dead Space fan.
:troll:

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Man I thought as cynical as it gets with new triple-A releases, but the sheer amount of pozz in the first two minutes of the new intro STILL caught me off guard. Even setting that aside, the new writing and VA is totally flat, overly quippy, and completely kills the original characterizations.

Just played the original for the first time and it wasn't even anything special, but it looks like a goddamn masterpiece in comparison.

Edit: Just learned the team behind Mass Effect Andromeda is behind this. Everything makes much more sense now.

AndyS

Augur
I don't understand the video game remake trend. Or rather, I get it, they want to make some easy money off the marks, but Dead Space is still a pretty good-looking, accessible game. There's nothing about it that demands a remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom