Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

Anyone have an idea of how I can play this game for free?

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Decreasing graphic quality/resolution doesn't fix this?
Not really, it has engine level stutters from level streaming being unoptimized shit. The game tries to load massive chunks of data all at once as you traverse the environment and every time it does the CPU gets slammed, thus actual stutter rather than a normal GPU slowdown. Unfortunately it won't be eliminated by lower settings or future faster hardware, it'll be shit forever.

On the other hand the original game is horrible to play with KBM because of the mouse input issues. There are fan tweaks to address it but they're not a wholesale improvement either. Dead Space is kinda fucked on PC no matter which version you play.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Decreasing graphic quality/resolution doesn't fix this?
Not really, it has engine level stutters from level streaming being unoptimized shit. The game tries to load massive chunks of data all at once as you traverse the environment and every time it does the CPU gets slammed, thus actual stutter rather than a normal GPU slowdown. Unfortunately it won't be eliminated by lower settings or future faster hardware, it'll be shit forever.

On the other hand the original game is horrible to play with KBM because of the mouse input issues. There are fan tweaks to address it but they're not a wholesale improvement either. Dead Space is kinda fucked on PC no matter which version you play.

I remember playing the original, having a jump scare, and every time I'd be getting my ass kicked while looking at the ceiling due to mouse sensitivity. :lol:

REhorror

Educated
Uglifies the girl.
Make a random ending where Isaac becomes le crazy so random LOL.

These guys don't understand Dead Space.

The question is why though.
The original is so much better.

Already beat the campaign 2-3x, no point in playing it again!
Fair enough. Be prepared fur a huge disappointment though.

I watched about 30 minutes of gameplay footage from the beginning of the game, and it looked pretty badass to me... Aside from the graphical improvements, the soundtrack seemed a lot more intense (minus the epic suit upgrade track from the original trilogy that the remake nixed), and necros looked and sound a lot creepier too.

lightbane

Arcane
And she was made older and uglier. In fact, everyone who was remotely sexy or passable is now an old hag, black, and so on.
The brutal death of a certain female character is also slightly toned down, as we can't have that anymore in current year.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Remake is a piece of shit. Play the original.
Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with Jim Sterling as he didn't even make a review of the game just a blog post.
https://www.thejimquisition.com/post/dead-space-remake-a-visceral-response-review

"
The Dead Space remake offends me.
The most important aspect of this sentiment is that Visceral’s work is what I fell in love with, and I loved it in spite of everything its publisher did to destroy the series. Electronic Arts vandalized Dead Space, from desperate attempts to turn it into a multimedia franchise to unrealistic sales expectations to the disgusting monetization of Dead Space 3, EA’s pressure and meddling turned a once great game into a confused sellout of an intellectual property.
After ensuring Dead Space would be a failure and shunting Visceral from one doomed project to another, EA would do what it does best and closed the studio.
I hold that reckless, feckless, far from speckless company responsible for the downfall of both Dead Space and its developer. For EA to sell a remake of the original with a different team and try to profit off of something it so carelessly wrecked is, like I said at the start, fucking offensive.In sincere honesty, I want to give this game the lowest score I possibly could due to how insulting I find its mere existence.
Splitting the critical difference between this remake as a pure videogame and as a galling example of EA’s cynicism seems like the best bet. This compromise is made all the easier by the fact that even when judged as a product in a bubble, I’m simply not impressed by a remake that improves little and offers changes I mostly dislike.
Everything good about Dead Space 2023’s basic gameplay, combat, and narrative is a result of what Dead Space 2008 built. Most of what this remake adds is either less appealing artistic alterations or side content that generally amounts to unnecessary padding, and quite frankly I’d have been more interested in a remaster than a glitchy new take that’s less enjoyable and costs more. When you add the repulsive context of EA benefiting from a series it once destroyed right down to the developer, you get a game that leaves a sour bloody taste, even if it’s an acceptable mimicry of its predecessor.
"
All you need to know. Fuck this game.

911 Jumper

Educated
Nicole is also less attractive, too. Everyone is less attractive, including Issac himself, thanks to the remake's prog friendly art direction. EA Motive also race and/or gender swapped the characters on a number of posters inside the USG – now why would they do that?

And despite all this, the remake is highly praised and is regarded as one of the best games of 2023.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
And despite all this, the remake is highly praised and is regarded as one of the best games of 2023.
It's only good because DS 1 (2008) was good. Literally the only reason.
And the woke stuff....did you notice that everytime you mention the word "woke" on YouTube or Reddit or Steam everyone just says "what is that?" and if you point things out the response is "you have issues, you're imagining things, it's not that bad, bigot" + all the -isms, -ists, -phobe etc.
It's......over. That's it. It's done. Our hobby infiltrated and destroyed.
The general quality of everything is at an all time low but with the woke stuff sprinkled on top of it, it reminds me of a great quote from some guy you probably know and he said "everything woke turns to shit."

REhorror

Educated
And the woke stuff....did you notice that everytime you mention the word "woke" on YouTube or Reddit or Steam everyone just says "what is that?" and if you point things out the response is "you have issues, you're imagining things, it's not that bad, bigot" + all the -isms, -ists, -phobe etc.
The general quality of everything is at an all time low but with the woke stuff sprinkled on top of it, it reminds me of a great quote from some guy you probably know and he said "everything woke turns to shit."
Yes it's everywhere, they play extra double retarded to deny it every times a hard topic comes out.

Reddit, Discord, Steam forums, all the same shit.

I wonder if there is a genius effort by the US state department to hire troll farms to prop up these opinions.

Nicole is also less attractive, too. Everyone is less attractive, including Issac himself, thanks to the remake's prog friendly art direction. EA Motive also race and/or gender swapped the characters on a number of posters inside the USG – now why would they do that?

Screenshot-20231222-173725.png

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I wonder if there is a genius effort by the US state department to hire troll farms to prop up these opinions.
With Blackrock, Microsoft, Soros and others which have basically infinite resources absolutely they have bots, trolls and shills working overtime to push the narrative and engage in online skirmishes.
But don't underestimate the stupidity of the masses. The players/consumers are the ones buying this crap and as such supporting it. Interesting though that we have no clear sales data on DS Remake which means it wasn't a raging success. They probably recouped the investment but I don't think they made a huge profit off of it. That's why they make an Iron Man game next, get some extra funding for DS2. God I hope they all flop.

El Presidente

Arcane
Yes it's everywhere, they play extra double retarded to deny it every times a hard topic comes out.

Reddit, Discord, Steam forums, all the same shit.

There might be, but there are hordes of millions who do it for free anyways. Happily so. Their payment is "dabbing on le fascists and being on the right side of history". Since these people are devoid of any soul they need this fuel when they put their head on the pillow at night to feel something.

El Presidente

Arcane
99.99% of the people publicly criticizing Starfield don't mention the giant mammoth in the room, that the game is filled to the brim with wokeslop and more than half of the NPCs walking around are uglier-than-sin niggers and weird, barely human figures. Nobody points it out. "Oh the game's bad because uhh it's super boring and sterile and all the planets are copy and pasted from each other, that's it, end of review". As if that's all there is to it. They make it sound like it's some average boring PS2 game with zero agenda behind it.

Elttharion

Learned
Yes, go to csrin and check the dead space remake thread there. You need to download the origin version files of the game and join a queue for a denuvo token to bypass the DRM. Look for Anadius on the forum/thread you can check his posts to see how to do this. You might have to wait some time tho since the denuvo tokens are limited.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom