Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Heard it is scary as fuck. People literally jumping out of chairs.
I can see why.

FngVMhOX0AA4-hB

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Western civilization is seriusly mentally fucked. It's not even that funny anymore. Your civ has LITERALLY gone insane

Not cute wacky. No, self-devouring while laughing like mad clown

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What? From what I've seen the remake is literally make everything dark af and use flashlight all the time. Which sounds horrible.

DemonKing

Arcane
This is a game remade for todays more modern and progressive audience.

The games Lead Senior Experience Designer Christian Cimon says

In a first for this type of game, Dead Space includes a content warning feature to allow the player to be fully informed about potentially sensitive content—and even an option to hide that content if the player chooses. “The first option will warn you of a potentially disturbing scene ahead of time,” Christian says, “by displaying a non-intrusive popup that gives a brief description of the type of event that’s waiting around the corner, or in an audio or video log before you play it. The other option will actually hide the upcoming scene behind a screen effect. You’ll still hear any audio, but a blurring effect will hide the visuals until the scene has played out.”

ds-accessibility-blog-in-text-image-2.png.adapt.1456w.png

https://www.ea.com/en-ca/news/accessibility-and-player-choice-in-dead-space
If you need to play a horror game with constant warnings that you're about to see something that may diusturb you, I think you've missed the point.

I'm baffled that this is even a thing. Original was the definition of mediocre, and apparently the broad consensus is that each further installment got worse.

It's like if someone decided to remaster Dragon Age: Origins. What is the possible reasoning?

I'm baffled that this is even a thing. Original was the definition of mediocre
This isn't how the majority of people remember Dead Space.
and apparently the broad consensus is that each further installment got worse.
Most of what I see is that Dead Space 2 is generally liked more than 1.

I imagine this is a way for EA to gauge how well they can still sell Dead Space and if it reaches a certain amount revive the series after killing it with Dead Space 3. Only for them to murder it again down the road.

This shit remake is probably printing money right now. I mean what other releases are there right now? Forspoken? O i am laffin.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I imagine this is a way for EA to gauge how well they can still sell Dead Space and if it reaches a certain amount revive the series after killing it with Dead Space 3. Only for them to murder it again down the road.

This shit remake is probably printing money right now. I mean what other releases are there right now? Forspoken? O i am laffin.

You're right. Dead Space is 1# best selling on Steam. A lack of big game releases and the relative failure of Callisto Protocol created good market conditions for this release.

randir14

Augur
A guy from Digital Foundry says the game forces variable rate shading if you use DLSS or FSR, causing the textures to look blurry. I just tested it myself and it looks a lot better when using TAA instead.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Many people liked DS2 more because it was more actiony as far as I can tell. My thoughts were more like <3RS's: I thought the first DS was fun and the series just declined more as it went on. Finished DS2 but didn't like it much, didn't get passed the beginning of DS3 because it seemed even worse and I just dropped it.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Are Skype and Windows 20 actually in the game or was it a joke pic that went over nearly everyone's heads here? Edit: Okay, maybe not most, just a few (me included when I saw the replies).

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Are Skype and Windows 20 actually in the game or was it a joke pic that went over nearly everyone's heads here?
it's a joke pic, in the actual game it says "live video feed" or something like that. Still worse than RIG LINK.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Heard it is scary as fuck. People literally jumping out of chairs.
I can see why.

They could have just put WC if they wanted to imply that sex-specific public bathrooms were a thing of the past in their Dead Space. But that wouldn't smack the message in the player's face as hard. Three symbols over every public restroom seems so redundant in the woke future.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

In a first for this type of game, Dead Space includes a content warning feature to allow the player to be fully informed about potentially sensitive content—and even an option to hide that content if the player chooses. “The first option will warn you of a potentially disturbing scene ahead of time,” Christian says, “by displaying a non-intrusive popup that gives a brief description of the type of event that’s waiting around the corner, or in an audio or video log before you play it. The other option will actually hide the upcoming scene behind a screen effect. You’ll still hear any audio, but a blurring effect will hide the visuals until the scene has played out.”

What the fuck????????

What the fuck????????
Nice, even the notification banners use DLSS.

FRAMES WIN GAMES.

Falksi

Arcane
Many people liked DS2 more because it was more actiony as far as I can tell. My thoughts were more like <3RS's: I thought the first DS was fun and the series just declined more as it went on. Finished DS2 but didn't like it much, didn't get passed the beginning of DS3 because it seemed even worse and I just dropped it.
Interesting that Dragon Age: Origins gets mentioned earlier, because both that series and Dead Space very much share the "good start...swift decline" label for me.

Dead Space 2 loses a ton of the tension and craft from the first entry. It really doesn't know what it wants to be.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So, apart from everything being dark af, game trying to cook your processor and "updated for modern audiences" stuff (tranny toilets, granny gf etc), what are the actual changes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom