Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Wtf. From kinda heroic death to stupid. How did he not know that was a necromorph after surviving that long onboard?

People were writing about that scene on Steam and as far as I was able to understand, it's the effect of the marker. That and other details are hinting at it being able to warp perception.

Plz note that I was only hunting for some good trolling victims. I do not own the game nor I'm interested in defending this shit, just sayin'...

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I watched this guy's video where he had the original and remake side by side for the tentacle drag sequence. The main difference is the remake had more blood that looked weirdly glossy and the colours were more vibrant. It looked like the same game with one of those texture pack mods stuck on it.

In 2023, game plays YOU!

mkultra

Augur
"you can play the game and at the SAME TIME play logs, unlike other games!!"

what a shill, and obviously he couldn't name a game where that's a thing, where you have to stop and listen to a log. Because it's not a thing. Wasn't a thing in old games like SS2, isn't a thing in new games like Horizon. Never ran into such a game.

Not saying the remake is bad but it's so obvious he's trying too hard, which to me makes him come off as a paid shill.

newtmonkey

Arcane
It is really any surprise this is getting lots of favorable coverage? For the vast majority of video game consumers, a remake is an instant 10/10 GOTY because they can play a "classic old school game" but with "better" graphics (shinier), "better" story (more melodramatic, aligned with the values of their favorite megacorp), and "better" gameplay (easier and/or streamlined).

Last edited:

Edgetard

Educated
I think my favourite part of the remake is how you can pay full AAA current year price for the same game that I picked up for $5 years ago.
But now with gender inclusive bathrooms
45bgjw0jv5fa1.jpg

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I remember the original game being embarrassingly linear, to the point that the auto-path finding tool looked like the devs trolling the players.

Is the remake still linear, or they added some kind of meanful exploration exploiting the seamless levels?

Codex Year of the Donut
I remember the original game being embarrassing linear, to the point that the auto-path finding tool looked like the devs trolling the players.

Is the remake still linear, or they added some kind of meanful exploration exploiting the seamless levels?
Horror "games" are not meant to be played like regular games.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I remember the original game being embarrassingly linear, to the point that the auto-path finding tool looked like the devs trolling the players.

There is exactly one instance of a remake making the game more complex in a meaningful way and that was the Resident Evil 1 remake, and RE1 already had great mansion exploration to build off of. So no, I don't think the remake of Dead Space, which was already a decline for survival horror, will bother with adding non-linear exploration when they could be focusing on adding more blacks to the in-game posters.

mkultra

Augur

There is exactly one instance of a remake making the game more complex in a meaningful way and that was the Resident Evil 1 remake, and RE1 already had great mansion exploration to build off of. So no, I don't think the remake of Dead Space, which was already a decline for survival horror, will bother with adding non-linear exploration when they could be focusing on adding more blacks to the in-game posters.
its supposedly less linear or at least more open, with backtracking too.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

its supposedly less linear or at least more open, with backtracking too.
Surprising. I watched some videos but it is one of those things that is hard to tell without playing. I do remember the original also having some amount of backtracking, but it all ultimately felt very railroaded (like RE4).

lightbane

Arcane
Kek, they fucked up THE FIRST ENEMY ENCOUNTER! That thing could and would kill you if you didn't move quickly, it had no tutorial plot armor or anything, a small scene shared with the sequel IIRC.

fork

Now post it somewhere with some visibility and see it taken down within minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom