Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review DeadAlfs likes Beyond Divinity

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Beyond Divinity; Larian Studios

<a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk>DeadAlfs</a>, another fine UK site, featuring opinions sponsored by below average intelligence, posted a <a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/reviews/1535>review</a> of <a href=http://www.beyond-divinity.com>Beyond Divinity</a> givinig it <b>7/10</b> because <b>these days it should be all 3D!</b>. Must be a new UK law or something.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Beyond Divinity is well worth taking the time to get into. Okay, the 2D maps are getting a bit dated compared to games such as <u>Neverwinter Nights, which I do consider to be the best RPG game at the moment</u>, but that does suffer from tieing itself too close to the Dungeon & Dragons rules so aimed more at the serious player. Beyond Divinity delivers an indepth game to a wider range of gamers. Progress has been made from the original Divine Divinity as the characters are now in 3D one can only hope that they progress to a full 3D engine as that’s all that’s stopping them producing a perfect RPG game. </blockquote>Naturally, the NWN remark piqued my curiosity, so I decided to take a look at their <a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/reviews/904/index.html>NWN review</a> which didn't disappoint: <i>Anyone who dares call himself or herself an RPG fan will already be halfway through the single player campaign by now and loving every minute of it.</i>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Damn! I was exposed to that site for 5 minutes and I alredy filing stupit. :lol: Thanks, Jung

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Stupid review said:
but that does suffer from tieing itself too close to the Dungeon & Dragons rules so aimed more at the serious player. Beyond Divinity delivers an indepth game to a wider range of gamers. Progress has

NWN IS TEH COMPLICATED!

bardon777

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
featuring opinions sponsored by below average intelligence

So is this one of them new fangled international orginazations?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
NWN, best RPG for the moment? Hell, I didn't even know there was any real RPGs out on the market for the moment. I thought they died after Fallout?

Anonymous

S4ur0n27 said:
Stupid review said:
but that does suffer from tieing itself too close to the Dungeon & Dragons rules so aimed more at the serious player. Beyond Divinity delivers an indepth game to a wider range of gamers. Progress has

NWN IS TEH COMPLICATED!

Yes, thanks to the wonderful implementation of the D&D rules in there...

Fireblade

Erudite
Exitium said:
I agree that BeyDiv looks dated as shit, though. But not for the reasons he's suggesting.

What reasons then? Doesn't really look dated to me... Unless dated = no camera rotation

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's ugly. It looks really bad on big monitors. They could have at least added specular lighting in these past 2 years.

Fireblade

Erudite
Hmm, dunno, I play on a 22" in 1280x1024 and it looks fine. Maybe I'm just not as picky.

why must we subject ourselves to this torture every time somebody mentions NWN. Every time the wound start to heal you guys have to rip the scab off and poke at it until it bleed thick black liquid that smells like fish rotting in the hot sun.

Lets get this over with...

NwN SuX0Rs m0n!!!! :evil:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't like the smell that comes out of my armpits when I don't shower on a hot sunday afternoon, either. But I smell it anyway, up to a point where I can't stand it anymore and take a shower.

Exitium said:
I don't like the smell that comes out of my armpits when I don't shower on a hot sunday afternoon, either. But I smell it anyway, up to a point where I can't stand it anymore and take a shower.

I believe it was Oscar Wilde who first said that.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom