Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
so, about that sequel

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberModuled

Arbiter
HE SKATES

7l2v4q.png

Latro

Arcane
Publisher Rising Star Games and developer Toybox Inc. have announced Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise exclusively for Switch. It is directed and written by Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro and will launch in 2020.

Additionally, the original Deadly Premonition is available now for Switch via the Nintendo eShop as Deadly Premonition Origins. A physical Collector’s Edition of Deadly Premonition Origins will be released via publisher Aksys Games in November.

I liked the first game a lot.

Jinn

Arcane
I liked the first game a lot.

I've never tried the first game. Maybe I should someday soon.

I wonder if this second installment will make its way to PC ever....

Also, kind of weird Swery is working on this and The Good Life at the same time.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I've dropped the first game at the very first mission, where you had to find sheriff's dumbbells.
It looks very interesting, but gameplay is SHIT.

ChaDargo

Arcane
I've dropped the first game at the very first mission, where you had to find sheriff's dumbbells.
It looks very interesting, but gameplay is SHIT.
I've yet to play it, although I own it on Steam (fuck Japanese ports btw), but I thought you had a lot of freedom regarding how you approach missions. For instance, I saw a let's play where as soon as the guy got done meeting the sheriff and Naomi Watts, he went to the mother of the dead girl and went down a more independent investigation sort of quest line.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
DP is definitely the case where if you can't hack the gameplay, especially the combat in the original version, then it's still worth watching an LP of it as it's one of those rare lightning-in-a-bottle games that only come around every so often.

People usually recommend supergreatfriend's 100% run, or one of the Giantbomb playthroughs.

SGF had a nice tangent in his, where he would watch and review the relatively obscure movies and such that York would reminisce about, but he hosted those on Blip so I don't know if they're still around.

JDR13

Arcane
I'll never understand how some people can watch an enitre playthough of a game on YouTube. Especially when you have some dude constantly talking over it.

JDR13

Arcane
Reading this thread makes me want to give DP another try though. I played the GOG version some years ago on Windows 7, but I had a weird bug where the cursor was confined to a certain area on the screen. I couldn't aim all the way down or all the way up, and it made the game extremely difficult to play. I only made it a few hours into the story before quitting.

I have it on Steam now as well, so I think I'll install it and see how it runs in Win 10.

tet666

Augur
Aye, the Director's Cut is definitely inferior to the original. Terribly framey, lighting and textures are off, and the added scenes detract from the story. The only upside is that the bad combat is far easier, but to the point of triviality.

I recommend using voodooman's immersive premonition mod https://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/0/613940477956873544/?ctp=17 it at least fixes the gfx to the point where you don't loose your eyesight due to eye cancer.
There is also Durante's mod and a few other mods to fix it up.
The PC version has flaws, but it's still the best version of the game. The PS3 is probably the worst technically.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I don't think the memory leak bug has been fixed in the PC version though, and apart from causing random crashes it can even evolve to a game stopping bug. Eventually I had to go back to the PS3 version

JDR13

Arcane
So I tried the Steam version for a little while yesterday, and it seems to work fine in Win 10.

I almost forgot how bad the gameplay is though. Calling it rough would be a huge understatement. The positional audio also seems to be completely broken. Enemies often sound like they're off to one side or behind you when they're right in front of you.

If/when they eventually release DP 2 for PC, I hope they also port DP Origins. Perhaps that's a better way to experience the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom