Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

Wunderbar

Arcane
and ends up changing his personality (Zach/Doppelganger Cooper)
that's season 3l

apz6ix5.jpg

PrettyDeadman

I've installed mr. voodooman's immersive mod and the game looks okay I guess??? but its very jerky and feels low fps or unstable fps even though counter shows 60 fps.
Have anyone encountered this problem before?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
perhaps more relevant is Leland Palmer's example, hair turning white and all

Repressed Homosexual
Come on this is ridiculous. Like I said, other than the absolute most basic elements of the premise and some stylistic similarities, Twin Peaks and Deadly Premonition are extremely different. They have extremely little in common, in fact.

David Lynch, in every movie or show where he has full creative control, always conveys the exact same post-modern theme: that life is pointless, and that beneath the thin veneer of polite society, ultimately everyone is controlled by their deepest, darkest desires and that resisting them is futile.

In Twin Peaks, every single character is a self-serving, conniving bastard in some way. People sleep with each other, exploit, extort each other, want to kill each other, plot against one another, actually do kill each other...

From Deadly Premonition, the vibe, and everything the author tries to tell, is just completely different. York successfully defeats the ultimate embodiment of otherworldly evil by facing his past traumas and demons and overcoming them.

In Twin Peaks the murderer is someone who was just possessed by that otherworldly evil to do bad things. In Deadly Premonition, it's someone who had clear motivations to do what he did, who faced equally tragic past events but reacted by nurturing thoughts of vengeance, and yearning for power and respect at any cost, which ultimately made him fall for a Trojan horse that ultimately brought about his downfall.

For such a goofy videogame I thought it actually had a powerful message and a brilliant protagonist.

I also liked how the game built up a sense of having you gradually become part of a community that you are an outsider in, and developing some genuine rapport with the inhabitants, only for having some of those that practically became friends to you end up stabbing you in the back.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think the similarities are hard to deny but they don't really matter.

DP is better than TP anyway. I don't expect the sequel to live up to the original masterpiece but I'm still excited. As much as you can get excited about a game at 34.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This being a Switch game, I imagine the PC version (if there is one) will be even more of a mess than the port of the first game. It's going to be glorious.

deadly-premonition-twin-peaks-10.jpg

Ialda

Learned
The settings of DP seems closer to the city of Lumbertown from Blue Velvet than Twin Peaks, but maybe that's just me ;p

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Swery claimed to have never seen Twin Peaks when he made the first one.

After playing the game through, I believe him.

It's more like he heard of Twin Peaks and asked someone to explain it to him in ten minutes or so
cool_story_bro.png
cool_story_bro.png

the game is more Twin Peaks than it is not, differing to the extent it contorts (and to an extent, misinterprets and plays loose with) the source material to lead up to a big nipponese boss battle

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom