Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear Lord is General Discussion for real?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Unless used for obvious troll alts , Ignore function is for pussies. Muting those who have different views- no matter how retarded they are- is a presentation of weak character and in fact fascism of sorts.

Also, what's with all the hate towards Bromissar Draco? Despite the extreme views, he is very laid back, comparably unoffensive and sometimes even open to discussion.

DakaSha

Arcane
Fret and HHR just open 50 topics a day.
Most people on this site actually seem normal. I dont necessarily agree with everything but most are just your typical everyday fags

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It's always funny when liberals try to frame any Conservatives as "nutjobs" for having strong pro-family values. Just look who's talking.

The best families I've seen are those who don't need to tell everyone how great families are.

If family values brought out the best in people, instead of just discouraging the worst, then I'd be on board.

Repressed Homosexual
Unless used for obvious troll alts , Ignore function is for pussies. Muting those who have different views- no matter how retarded they are- is a presentation of weak character and in fact fascism of sorts.

Also, what's with all the hate towards Bromissar Draco? Despite the extreme views, he is very laid back, comparably unoffensive and sometimes even open to discussion.

These ignore lists are heavily skewed by the fact that most of the people who use it are some who do not want to hear openly Christian views at all, and would have never took part in the discussion to begin with. I almost don't know anyone in mine, and it is well the last thing I care about in this world. It isn't an appropriate metric to a poster's character for this reason.

It is warped as well to use it as a metric to depict individuals as "abnormal", when popular retorts and topics of discussion here include complete nihilism, and the wanton advocacy of unspeakable acts of cruelty like rape and genocide.

And yeah, I would never post anyone on ignore, fully agree with you here.

rogozhin

Cipher
For me it's the combination of mental and linguistic diarrhea. I can respect Lyric Suite, as insane as he may be, for his taste in music - anybody who likes John Coltrane is alright in my eyes. HHR! seems to be a good guy at heart, despite his fucked up views. FretRider is a complete asshole, but at least he can express himself in a coherent way. But Draco... I mean, just look at this gem:
Commissar Draco said:
Both factions of Jewry wants USA to bow to Islam not only Jew Street multicultists as there is already 500 000 ITZraelis in KWA instead of ITZrael and Zionists are fed up with being commandeered by Washington DC goyim.
Even if I try to ignore the antisemitic bullshit he's trying to express, reading that abomination of a sentence just makes my brain hurt. Sure, he isn't a native English speaker (neither am I), but such a brutal rape of any language is just obscene. Add his constant abuse of emoticons and you have the most cringeworthy posting style on these forums. It's just too much for my fragile aesthetic sensibilities.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Is this that time of year again, guys? You know, "GD is/in decline" and so on?
Everyone who thinks what once it was good, forgot about 20 new "X vs Y" threads from Andhaira every day, inane posts of CF (or that CF/zerotol fight, in the retrorespect it was hilarious) or KC posting another legion of spacce mahreens. It's on par with Comissar Draco/FretRider/HHR triumvirate of today.
GD was always awesomely shitty, deal with it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
At first I thought HHR was funny in a "Geez, that sad, pathetic dumbshit..." kind of way. Then the possibility that he was a well-planned troll crossed my mind and I thought he might actually be a little brilliant. But these days he's just banal, boring, shit no matter which way you look at it. Kind of a waste, tbh.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The problem with GD/Politics is that HHR and Bryce are the only people regularly making new threads. The world is an interesting place and people need to post more new content.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
9177.jpg

ironyuri

I am not a moderate. I'm a nihilistic paedophile with a point to prove. The point is my dick.

2003 Volourn said:
Deal with it. I do.

2012 Volourn said:
wiki lool wiki

p.s. Diablo 2 = 4mil in fukkin' 2000

BG2 = 2mil in... fukkin' 2000

But, fuck yeah, they wer ein the same league. STFU

Not that wiki is trustworthy cause those numbers are all bullshitz anyways,

Notice how DA1 isn't even on the fukkin' list even though it's supposed to be BIO's highest selling game LMFAO

That went well.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:patriot::thumbsup:: x:kfc::keepmyjewgold: :hero::kwanzania::flamesaw:
Welcome to
General Discussion

Wyrmlord

Arcane
JExLv.jpg

I still love this picture for its brilliant back story.

Saluting a guy you threw off a bridge who was attempting suicide...

That "Nice knowing you. Now GTFO" expression on his face is brilliant.

Reminds me of the Carlton Banks face, which is a polite way of saying, "Well, that was an...amusing trolling attempt you just did."

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
He's saluting the crowd, actually. The point of the story was that he thought he was doing people a service/being a hero, no?

and in his chink/gook mind it probably makes perfect sense

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It does make sense. Those suicidal people should just pick a less public place to do it. Like cuffing themselves to a tree in the woods or something.
You're guilty of wasting the public's time and the old man deserve a pat on the back for a job well done.

Let's see that capped teen repeat that stunt again in the near future. Fuck that loser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom