Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear nazi douchebags, (or: no-ban policy has been revoked)

spacemoose

Erudite
denizsi said:
Care to share how you found that out? I'd like to know for myself for once.
someone here found your deviantart account. it was damning evidence. incriminating

but you know this

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
all know it. Yes, there's nomask being an idiot denying the holocaust and Cleve...
Hey, I don't deny Cleve, and Cleve doesn't deny that the Holocaust never happened.

But sure, it's "idiotic" to think that victors write history and groups of jews lie as groups of jews have for thousands of years, because it's "good for the jews" and good for the victors. :roll: (Which doesn't include you, but only the super elites, unless you're a joo, in which case it might include you, or at least some of your cousins, or at least some of their offspring; many joos, like any other hyper-ethnocentric creatures, feel that they will live on in the descendants of the group, and this gives them their unnatural persistence in working towards goals which are clearly unattainable during their own lifetimes).

It would be silly to think that such a gigantic lie (i.e. the Holy Moly Cost) could persist for sixty years with the help of mass media, political correctness, and criminal laws, although nobody took it seriously nor talked about it much until the 1980s; Churchill, for example, never mentioned it in his multi-volume history of the Second World War. :roll:

It would be silly to think most people might be a bit confused about what happened in Auschwitz. After all, they were so right about what happened in Golgotha. They were right for 1,500 years. But that's nothing compared to being right for fifty years when you have the televitz to remind you what's right. :roll:

Hope you can keep track of my sarcasm. Shouldn't be difficult. I can honestly say that there are few things in the world that are fucking clearer than what happened in Auschwitz in the early 1940s. What happened didn't include geyesers of baby-joo blood springing to the surface from underground flame pits, etc etc.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Do they derail a discussion in a serious way and artificially shorten its lifespan? No, they don't. Those that aren't giant faggots can just ignore the idiots when they're not providing lulz and continue with their discussion.
If you say so.

Phelot

Arcane
You know whats a great subforum here? In fact my favorite? RPG Design Discussion. I don't believe I've ever seen it get derailed and yet it always has great discussions. I'm greatly impressed with a lot of the ideas there.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
^ By the way, guess who's idea it was to make that guy a moderator.

Naked Ninja said:
What's the real difference if someone calls someone a "niggerjew" instead of perhaps telling them to "put more points into perception"? We're all smart enough here to know there's no difference between the two.
You can't tell the difference between calling someone's opinion stupid/imperceptive and a racial slur? Really?
Except you didn't call his opinion stupid or imperceptive. You called him a retard.

Why is your derogatory slur towards the mentally disabled more acceptable than a racial slur? The mentally disabled are fair game in your books?

Vault Dweller said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Vault Dweller said:
As someone who has been here since 2003, I beg to differ. Stupidity does tend to breed more stupidity and attract people who are here because they can say "fuck" and bitch about jews and niggers.
Speaking of words: "Fuck" appears in VD's posts 691 times.
What's your point? Surely you see the difference between people who swear and people who love the Codex because you can swear? The latter are here for the wrong reasons.
Thankfully I can't find anyone who is here simply because they can swear. On the other hand, you seem to have quite a comprehensive list obv. so feel free to share.

Vault Dweller said:
Both links are about the same event: idiots laughing at pictures showing Nazi mass executions and cracking jokes about it. First, it's hardly a "Nazi joke". Second, there is no "THEN nazi jokes were bad". It's the same event discussed in two different threads.
An event which eventually lead to...

Vault Dweller said:
>Ok, if I'm reading your posts correctly, it's an all-or-nothing deal.
>"I'm not running away. I know what needs to be done, have no problem
>doing it, but will not do it without all admins agreeing and sticking
>with it."
Pretty much. It's not as dramatic as it may appear though. Here is my
position. Time for liberal faggotry is gone. At least for now, we need
a strict moderation where all morons and lulz people are thrown out.
The Codex was once a place of intelligent discussions. The goal is to
get it back to that state. No room for lulz or stupidity. We warn
people properly about the upcoming changes. No pictures, no dumb shit.
The discretion of what dumb shit is ours. You, Shagnak, DU, and
whoever else left alive back these policies up and do the same,
assuming you agree with me. If not, ask yourself why you were going to
leave the Codex for awhile.

When (if) I come back, I immediately ban Percolator, Riso, Helton,
Cassidy, Vrok, Sovard, and anyone who will start posting "unban
patriots" therads, warn a few others (skyway, Slavemaster, etc) . More
if necessary. I assume that Pooper, Nico, NL were banned already.

That's what I believe should be done. If you believe otherwise and
would like attempt to improve the forums with less drastic means, I
can understand and respect it. If you need my help, I'll be happy to
help. Always.

VD
... because of this. One crack about a high-school shooting == END ALL LULZ. There's "no room for lulz or stupidity". As you might've noticed, NN figured it out a page earlier. Some of us here like our lulz along with our cup of SIRUIS BIZNESS. Is it hard to balance? Sure. Does it result in a little more lulz than is warranted at times? Sure. Do I think the Codex has gone down the toilet completely because of it, so much that drastic mass expulsion of members is required? No. Does it piss some of the more righteous crusaders with frail sensibilities off? Absolutely.

But much like Quinn, some people just need to toughen the fuck up. If you want a care bear forum that holds your hand through the tough times, the Codex is not it.

Vault Dweller said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Banning it also doesn't change anything. What's the real difference if someone calls someone a "niggerjew" instead of perhaps telling them to "put more points into perception"? We're all smart enough here to know there's no difference between the two.
We are also smart enough here to know that there is no difference between a lengthy post addressing game's flaws and "shit" or "suck" or "banal. shit. boring." Have I made my point or would you like me elaborate?
Slight strawman. We're talking about off-handed one-liner remarks. IE: There is literally no difference between "You need to put more points into perception" and "You're a fucking retard!".

Vault Dweller said:
That's the point though. The Codex isn't about intelligent conversation at the cost of all else.
At the cost of what else, exactly? If you say that the freedom of some 14 year old to behave like an imbecile is more important than having intelligent conversations, then I'd definitely disagree with you there
I'm not 14 years old VD. ;)

Vault Dweller said:
DarkUnderlord said:
The Codex is about allowing members the freedom to express their opinions and then get chewed out for them, no matter what that opinion is.
It works when the ratio of intelligent posters to dumbfucks is 10:1. It doesn't work when the ratio is 1:10. Not enough chew power.
Except we're now back to the reason Calis demoted you and we kicked you off staff in the first place. Your response is to wield the ban hammer and throw the baby out with the bath-water. To sanitise the forums so much that "no jokes allowed" would be the running rule. Given the audience here, I can tell you exactly where that would've lead. 90% of the forum would've been banned over a period of 6 months as all hell broke-loose because VD forgot his funny bone.

This is the part where you obstinately protest and insist that "it's not funny" and that's cool and all but if you haven't figured it out yet, a lot of people here have a different sense of humour to your own. And there are plenty of forums for those who want to "respect 9/11", if you will.

As has been said, this isn't so much about a bit of moderation here and there. It's that slippery slope that sees us turning into the same as every other forum.

DraQ said:
You wouldn't even need to ban or anything, just revoke GD posting privileges or limit particularly troublesome users to one post a day and keep it so until this one post a day becomes productive.
Anyone noticed any threads from Andhaira recently? Oh that's right, I took away his ability to make new threads about 2 weeks ago. Just sayin'

Mantiis said:
tl;dr: I'm in the no moderation camp (especially for GD) but churlishness should be prevented when interacting with VIPs in the other forums.
Oddly enough, giving the "VIPs" "special treatment" is exactly the kind of suggestion Saint_Proverbius would probably castrate you for.

In all seriousness, if you want the polite conversation, it's available over here. Feel free to congratulate the developers on a great job, give them two thumbs up, apologise for all the bad behaviour they've had to put up with of people criticising their game, and glance over any issues.

Mantiis

Cipher
Feel free to congratulate the developers on a great job, give them two thumbs up, apologise for all the bad behaviour they've had to put up with of people criticising their game, and glance over any issues.

I would prefer they were here and us giving them head as opposed to them not being here at all. Having said that my post went something like this:

I remember creating a thread where I trashed the MotB ending and Obsidian developers actually responded.

So how you got from 'trashing' to 'congratulate', 'two thumbs up' and 'apologise' I will never know, oh wait yes i do someone wants to win an internet argument.

Cookie for you.

To be clear, and in your defence this may not have been made clear in that post, I loved the fact that we had a dialogue with devs in which we were able to trash their product, I didn't like the personal attacks against them and their person (which VD I think is also guilty of). Even if it was funny. And the pic avatars are really really stupid.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Mantiis said:
Feel free to congratulate the developers on a great job, give them two thumbs up, apologise for all the bad behaviour they've had to put up with of people criticising their game, and glance over any issues.
I would prefer they were here and us giving them head
If you want to give a developer head, the Codex isn't really the place to do it.

Mantiis said:
Having said that my post went something like this:

I remember creating a thread where I trashed the MotB ending and Obsidian developers actually responded.
So how you got from 'trashing' to 'congratulate', 'two thumbs up' and 'apologise' I will never know, oh wait yes i do someone wants to win an internet argument.
Said the man who wants to "give developers head". Like I said, give them all the head you want somewhere else. They even typically have official forums for that.

Mantiis said:
To be clear, and in your defence this may not have been made clear in that post, I loved the fact that we had a dialogue with devs in which we were able to trash their product, I didn't like the personal attacks against them and their person (which VD I think is also guilty of). Even if it was funny.
Yes, dialogue with devs is great. But if it comes at the expense of us being able to criticise them, then no. Notice how in this thread, even though it's a fairly luke-warm conversation by Codex standards, you've had the subtle personal insults from the moral high-ground, the witty retorts and so on. Argue all you like about what's appropriate or not, I've got no intention of molly-coddling anyone. Be they Jesus Christ themselves or a developer. If it's not clear, take a simple look at RPGWatch (and sorry for using them as an example but it really works). What you get when you do that is everyone doing their nice pretend and putting on their best behaviour for the esteemed guest.

Incidentally, you're talking about a thread that was on the Codex anyway, so what exactly is your complaint again? That you can't do something which actually happened on the Codex in the first place?

Mantiis said:
Seriously what the fuck is up with that god damned ending? The whole time i'm saying i'm going to tear that fucking wall down and then I get to the fucking wall and I can only go along with what Kelemvor sez to me? Wtf? I can't shove an axe into his head and then start to tear down the wall? WHY THE FUCK NOT?! I have been saying I was going to do it the whole fucking game!

I had powows with Kaelyn regarding tearing that fucking thing down and then after i defeat that tosspot Akachi my options are merging with that fuck and serving Kelemvor OR letting Akachi's essence survive but then I just walk away? FUCK YOU, FUCK EVERYONE THAT SAID THIS WAS A FUCKING GOOD GAME. The whole thing is ruined but that god damned ending (and also what was up with Kaelyn's ending?).

FUCK YOU ALL.
Mantiis said:
Firstly all those douchebags in the thread that are saying: 'OMG you cant kill a god on his home plane LOL, that should be obvious Nub' can just fuck right off,
Gosh, I'm surprised your "FUCK YOU ALL" vitriol wasn't deleted on first sight!!

Mantiis

Cipher
Selective quoting makes me butthurt

Jesus fucking christ comprehension fail? Selective quoting? good lord you are a small man.

To be clear, and in your defence this may not have been made clear in that post, I loved the fact that we had a dialogue with devs in which we were able to trash their product, I didn't like the personal attacks against them and their person

Also that thread is the exact one I am talking about. I don't see how that contradicts what I am saying.

Also, you are a cunt. See I am more than happy to say that to you because:

a) You are one
b) You are not a developer (at least not anymore...)
c) We are in GD

The special treatment I am talking about is only regarding personal attacks (vs developers not the general shit that lives here) - I am all for trashing their products (as I have said multiple times you cunt), that is why I love this place.

Also you are a cunt.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I haven't been reading this shit thread but I can tell you that Darkunderlord is full of shit

But we all like shit, so that is good.

FUCK YEAH VD GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE

YEEAAAHHH DEX MASTURBATION TIME

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Re: Selective quoting makes me butthurt

Mantiis said:
Also that thread is the exact one I am talking about. I don't see how that contradicts what I am saying.
Let's recap. Mantiis makes a number of statements:
  1. The biggest tragedy of this whole decline bullshit is losing actual RPG developers from the forums.
  2. We were lucky enough to have an environment where we could have an unmoderated discussion with people that actually made the games we were talking about and in some cases have input into them or find out what was cut and why.
News update Mantiis, the "decline" happened long before your thread. VD's talking about 2007 and earlier. Some think it happened in 2004. Your thread was at the end of 2008.

That environment is still here. Nothing has changed it. If you've been following, you'd recall a general discussion was had in this thread about bad language and showing respect. You called everyone a fucking douchebag in that thread, a pretty clear personal attack. You started it with "FUCK EVERYONE WHO SAID MOTB WAS GOOD", another personal attack. You continued it with a "FUCK THIS" and "FUCK THAT" attitude right through-out...

... an attitude that this thread has been talking about curtailing. "FUCK THAT" isn't a sign of respect. It's disrespectful and as Naked Ninja and VD have said, wholy unnecessary. Does it add anything? Nope. Why can't you have a "heated conversation" without resorting to insults? It's this attitude that attracts the people who are here because they can say "fuck" (apparently).

... and yet a developer still decided to respond. None of that has changed. The only thing that may changed is that perhaps you haven't made a thread saying "FUCK DRAGON AGE" yet. You need to remember, your thead was made at the end of 2008. How many RPGs were released in 2009 again and when did they come out?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
DarkUnderlord said:
If you thought it was a bad idea, you had 3 years to fix it.

Thankfully I can't find anyone who is here simply because they can swear. On the other hand, you seem to have quite a comprehensive list obv. so feel free to share.
It seems to be a very popular reason when certain people start explaining why they like these forums so much.

... because of this. One crack about a high-school shooting == END ALL LULZ.
I've dealt with spacemoose without involving anyone. I don't think that 'moose had any hard feelings.

Some of us here like our lulz along with our cup of SIRUIS BIZNESS.
I realized that, respected your decision to have your lulz, and left without any drama. If I recall correctly, when you offered to hand me over the site, I refused politely simply because the majority of the admins were in favor of the lulz and I didn't want to force my way on anyone.

Anyway, 3 years later I can't help but notice that the plate is getting bigger and the cup is getting smaller.

But much like Quinn, some people just need to toughen the fuck up. If you want a care bear forum that holds your hand through the tough times, the Codex is not it.
I've never wanted or advocated a care bear forum. I'm not suggesting that people should be nice and give each other hugs. I'm suggesting that you do something about the juvenile tards.

Vault Dweller said:
That's the point though. The Codex isn't about intelligent conversation at the cost of all else.
At the cost of what else, exactly? If you say that the freedom of some 14 year old to behave like an imbecile is more important than having intelligent conversations, then I'd definitely disagree with you there
I'm not 14 years old VD. ;)
And you are not an imbecile. Nor have you ever behaved like one. I respect you for a lot of things, but this isn't about you.

Except we're now back to the reason Calis demoted you and we kicked you off staff in the first place.
You seem to enjoy saying it for some odd reasons. You well know that Calis made a mistake. I'm sure you're well aware that I didn't ban anyone. I asked for a consensus and I wasn't going to do anything without getting everyone's ok first. Calis pulled my forum admin access because he assumed that I'm about to start banning people, which wasn't going to happen. You're also well aware that you asked me to come back and that you regretted the misunderstanding, so why gloat about it now?

DU on Nov 2007:

"Okay, that helps some-what. I was under the impression you'd begun to ban / tag a whole bunch of people when Calis demoted you.

And to be honest, I thought it was pretty clear we disagreed on a few things, given that whole shit-fest over the NSFW thing (that one had polls too)... It's unfortunate we didn't get a chance to have the whole "future of the Codex" discussion without the shit that went on.

Anyway... Is it too late? Ignoring everything that's happenned, are there any conditions under which you would be willing to come back, in any capacity at all? From limited to as extreme as you like, I want to hear it direct from you and without the shit that goes on in the forums. And I mean anything. Calis and I have discussed stepping down and handing the whole thing over to you because let's face it, what the fuck have he or I ever done for the Codex? It would be your site, to do with as you wished and nobody would stop you."

To sanitise the forums so much that "no jokes allowed" would be the running rule. Given the audience here, I can tell you exactly where that would've lead. 90% of the forum would've been banned over a period of 6 months as all hell broke-loose because VD forgot his funny bone.
If you say so.

As has been said, this isn't so much about a bit of moderation here and there. It's that slippery slope that sees us turning into the same as every other forum.
It's your forum and your call. I've offered my opinion. Nothing more.

Kz3r0

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
... and yet a developer still decided to respond. None of that has changed. The only thing that may changed is that perhaps you haven't made a thread saying "FUCK DRAGON AGE" yet.
This is what I really hate about the current state of affairs here, bashing all that supposedly the Codex should stand for just to prove how kewl you are and at the same time awing before bland half assed mediocrity.

Mantiis

Cipher
I started lurking on the dex before morrowind came out, I think one of my first posts was in its defence and I registered so I could defend it (I still like it, fuck you all). I know all about 'the decline' (I hate that term) you condensending cunt which is why I was more than happy to make that thread with that title cause at that time there were no developers on the boards (granted I don't have awesome database access to double check that like you do) so that thread was directed to the general codexer who's hivemind agreed that MotB was awesome. The ending fucking sucked for a number of reasons and in my rage I posted that - but to suggest that "FUCK EVERYONE WHO SAID MOTB WAS GOOD" was a personal attack and directed at a developer as opposed to codexers is just fucking stupid. They don't even post until the 7th or 8th page in that thread.

And I think you'll find that there was heated discussion in that thread with the word Fuck in it WITHOUT having to swear at the developers or call them fat or whatever.

You are trying far too hard to win an internet argument especially when I mostly fucking agree with you you tosspot. Except for the piccies of the developers. I fucking hate those.

denizsi

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
... because of this. One crack about a high-school shooting == END ALL LULZ. There's "no room for lulz or stupidity".
Slight strawman. We're talking about off-handed one-liner remarks. IE: There is literally no difference between "You need to put more points into perception" and "You're a fucking retard!".
This is the part where you obstinately protest and insist that "it's not funny" and that's cool and all but if you haven't figured it out yet, a lot of people here have a different sense of humour to your own. And there are plenty of forums for those who want to "respect 9/11", if you will.

These are some of the points I share, especially the last one which I've mentioned several times too. Just so you know VD, that I wasn't just throwing stones on you from a safe distance. I just don't care enough to address each point myself and go on a post hunting time travel quest to find "proof". Speaking of which, you better prepare your links DU.

denizsi

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
... because of this. One crack about a high-school shooting == END ALL LULZ.
I've dealt with spacemoose without involving anyone. I don't think that 'moose had any hard feelings.

That you found this to be an issue " to deal with" is a problem to begin with, imo, regardless of what spacemoose may or may not have thought.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
DarkUnderlord said:
If you thought it was a bad idea, you had 3 years to fix it.
Nope, just pointing out that if you didn't want to encourage one-liner spammers, making one a mod probably wasn't the best idea.

Vault Dweller said:
Anyway, 3 years later I can't help but notice that the plate is getting bigger and the cup is getting smaller.
I'm not upset with any of the discussion that's occured since 2007 or the members we've got since then. Some of them have come and gone and over time we've lost some of the better ones. I don't think they left because of "the decline" though and you'd mostly find it's more simply people moving on.

We still have the retards mixed in with the more intelligent types, the same as it's always been. We've had people like zerotol and Cloaked Figure come along, get dealt with and now seem to spend their time complaining about "the decline" themselves. Somehow or another, no matter how much decline has apparently happened, the Codex still has more to go.

... and as Spacemoose said, if there are so many people that want to have intelligent discussions about RPGs, why is ITS so quiet while the Codex gets a 3 page thread about Morrowind lore that pops up overnight? And how come more people seem to comment on news items at the Codex then they do at the Watch (where news is their most active forum)? My point being, it's not all ban-worthy "stop the retards" coma-inducing lulz like "camp decline" seem to be suggesting.

And every-time I ask for names of people to ban, everyone skirts the issue. Like I said, if this decline is so obvious with so many members here "for the lulz", naming them should be no difficult task. And yet nobody can ever name a single one... Funny that.

Vault Dweller said:
I'm suggesting that you do something about the juvenile tards.
Like kingcomrade's antics above? This is the problem I have. On the one hand, we "need to do something about the juvenile tards". On the other we have moderators being juvenile tards that (please correct me if I'm wrong) nobody would ever suggest banning today. Even Volourn has been mentioned in this thread as someone to ban because they're 'tarded. Yet he's someone we wouldn't ever do it to. As I said to NN, I've always disliked the disparity between the "dumbass" who gets banned for something that the "more elite" members get away with every day.

It's no surprise that whenever someone does ask for someone to be banned because "they're a retard", a hundred (quite reasonable) members jump to "the retard's" defense.

Vault Dweller said:
Calis pulled my forum admin access because he assumed that I'm about to start banning people, which wasn't going to happen. You're also well aware that you asked me to come back and that you regretted the misunderstanding, so why gloat about it now?
The point was about moderation and the slippery slope where that lead. Yes after you said you wouldn't come back to just do content because you felt you needed to have say over the forums as well, Calis and I considered leaving and giving it to you lock, stock and smoking barrel as neither he nor I have the time to keep the place running on a technical level, create content and post news as well. If it was a choice between no content, no news (and thus a dead site) but active forums versus regular content and news with slower forums, we figured we'd piss off, let you loose and move on with our lives.

Put more simply, a decision between "your way" and "our way" as both methods aren't compatable with each other and Calis and I had no intention of sticking around for anything else. That didn't happen though obv.

Mantiis said:
I know all about 'the decline' (I hate that term) you condensending cunt which is why I was more than happy to make that thread with that title cause at that time there were no developers on the boards (granted I don't have awesome database access to double check that like you do) so that thread was directed to the general codexer who's hivemind agreed that MotB was awesome. The ending fucking sucked for a number of reasons and in my rage I posted that - but to suggest that "FUCK EVERYONE WHO SAID MOTB WAS GOOD" was a personal attack and directed at a developer as opposed to codexers is just fucking stupid. They don't even post until the 7th or 8th page in that thread.
So you're saying you started a thread in the midst of "the decline" and had a developer respond, and without any moderation on the part of any moderators, a good discussion was had by all.

Why are you complaining about this again?

Mantiis said:
And I think you'll find that there was heated discussion in that thread with the word Fuck in it WITHOUT having to swear at the developers or call them fat or whatever.
... and nothing's changed since then, so what exactly is your issue? Obviously I've missed something, so can you point to the thread where the developers are being directly insulted here and how it's become the norm so much that ACTION MUST BE TAKEN?

denizsi

Arcane
Mantiis said:
I started lurking on the dex before morrowind came out, I think one of my first posts was in its defence and I registered so I could defend it (I still like it, fuck you all). I know all about 'the decline' (I hate that term) you condensending cunt which is why I was more than happy to make that thread with that title cause at that time there were no developers on the boards (granted I don't have awesome database access to double check that like you do) so that thread was directed to the general codexer who's hivemind agreed that MotB was awesome. The ending fucking sucked for a number of reasons and in my rage I posted that - but to suggest that "FUCK EVERYONE WHO SAID MOTB WAS GOOD" was a personal attack and directed at a developer as opposed to codexers is just fucking stupid. They don't even post until the 7th or 8th page in that thread.

You are trying far too hard to win an internet argument especially when I mostly fucking agree with you you tosspot. Except for the piccies of the developers. I fucking hate those.

Regardless of whether any of it was a personal attack, that thread still reflects the general air of vulgarity and "inappropriate" language. Yet the devs came. Likewise, after I posted concept art images in the Alien RPG thread, calling some of it shit and ridiculing the design, devs came yet again and even stayed for pages of miscommunication.

Do you really think that devs stop coming here due to language and memetards? MCA cancelled an interview he was seemingly enthusiastic about for a vastly friendlier site than this. Reason? Suits.

Also game development is becoming an increasingly more time consuming and more costly trade due to all the next gen bullshit. Devs simply no longer have the time to devote to every forum they used to frequent, not to mention dev studios working on multiple projects simultaneously most of the time, and even when they make the time, they are a lot more "regulated" by their invasive contractors/owners about who they can talk to and what they can talk at all and keep in mind that all the major RPG outlets today are now owned by a bunch corporate fags. EA, SEGA and ZENIMAX.

So, down with all this "Whaa we're so much decline, devs won't come near any longer" bullshit. Get a fucking grip.

Secretninja

Cipher
I'm beginning to see where the biggest faggot since Mantiis thing comes from...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom