Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear nazi douchebags, (or: no-ban policy has been revoked)

Helton

Arcane
The best way to fight the decline is to serious business up in here and cry like a bitch. Please continue.

Vibalist

Arcane
Can't be bothered.

That's not how it works though. You say DU said something worthwhile a while back, if you want me to take that into consideration then show me what it was.

So, all this about the no-moderation policy causing an influx of idiocy and spammers, and you want to ban three people?

Maybe a few more, but I think, in many cases, a few morons can pull the rest down to their own level. If you get rid of some of the worst spammers and trolls, the rest of the board might :incline:

Three people is not a lot of dumbfuckery.

But I've never said there wasn't a lot of dumbfuckery on the site, mind you. I just said that a) It's worth it and b) There's just as much on other sites, it just looks different.

The insult-thing is the perfect example. What's the difference between saying "You should put more points into perception" and "You a niggajew, muthafucka"? Both are insults. The first one is arrogant and aloof, the second one i stupid and lame.

And both these insults were made on the Codex. I'm not defending Naked Ninja ffs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Maybe a few more, but I think, in many cases, a few morons can pull the rest down to their own level. If you get rid of some of the worst spammers and trolls, the rest of the board might :incline:

Or a lot of good posters may migrate. Take spacemoose for instance. He can be a real hoot, even though he rarely posts more than 2 lines. Even VD finds him funny. On any other board he'd probably be labeled as a spammer pretty quickly.

And both these insults were made on the Codex. I'm not defending Naked Ninja ffs.

That wasn't my point. My point was that even though you have a whole bunch of rules, you'll still have fucktards. They'll just be fucktards in another manner.

Vibalist

Arcane
Grunker said:

Or a lot of good posters may migrate. Take spacemoose for instance. He can be a real hoot, even though he rarely posts more than 2 lines. Even VD finds him funny. On any other board he'd probably be labeled as a spammer pretty quickly.

is he a good poster though, or just a funny one?

That wasn't my point. My point was that even though you have a whole bunch of rules, you'll still have fucktards. They'll just be fucktards in another manner.

Point taken.

Vibalist said:

These are not oppopsites, you know. But yeah, spacemoose does post actual content in more serious threads.

denizsi said:
and yet he doesn't even *know* (or is unwilling to tell, for one reason or another) why he isn't doing it. That's some co-founder authority right there. He sure doesn't need to ask anyone, especially not the people funding Obsidian to make games for their pitched, corporate-owned multi-million dollar IPs.

Yeah. The PR guys, for example, probably won't let him near any interview that isn't 100% approved.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Sure hon. That's why he first showed enthusiasm for pooperscooper's questions and then told him:

Hey, Pooperscooper, the interview's not going to happen. It might be because of the profanity in my answers even in the rough draft, I don't know. *I* thought it was funny, so I can't imagine anyone else thinking differently.

and yet he doesn't even *know* (or is unwilling to tell, for one reason or another) why he isn't doing it. That's some co-founder authority right there. He sure doesn't need to ask anyone, especially not the people funding Obsidian to make games for their pitched, corporate-owned multi-million dollar IPs.
It's so cute. You believe everything that people tell you. Do it again, please.

As for the enthusiasm, who wouldn't want to answer insightful questions like:

"All games you did after PST sucked. Was PST a fluke?"
"Why people call you MCA?"
"Why characters in Bioware games looked like shit?"
"Do you think Ron Pearlman (whoever that Pearlman guy is - VD) remembers you?"
"Is Obsidian going to fold? Does anyone want to buy it?"

Are you an idiot, denizsi? Be honest with me.

Haba said:
Vault Dweller said:
denizsi said:
Do you really think that devs stop coming here due to language and memetards? MCA cancelled an interview he was seemingly enthusiastic about for a vastly friendlier site than this. Reason? Suits.
Avellone is a co-founder. Do you not understand what this word means? If there is a guy in Obsidian who doesn't need to ask for anyone's permission, that would be MCA.

That's not how it works in real life. You should know better, VD.
In real life a co-owner of a company is way, way above everyone else, especially the PR people.

Vibalist

Arcane
Futile Rhetoric said:
Vibalist said:
A funny poster is a good poster. Goddam you're an odious fucker.

Never said I had a problem with spacemoose, really. I haven't read many of his posts, but posting one-liners all day (if that's what he does) does tend to get on my nerves. That's just how I feel about the issue.

Vault Dweller said:
In real life a co-owner of a company is way, way above everyone else, especially the PR people.

Sure, he is above them, but if they tell him it's a bad idea, he's probably going to listen. The king is above his advisers, but their job is to keep him from saying / doing things he shouldn't.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Clockwork Knight said:
Vault Dweller said:

Sure, he is above them, but if they tell him it's a bad idea, he's probably going to listen.
:facepalm:

Why would he listen to some PR guy? Because the PR guy took some PR course? Because after at least a decade of working in the industry Chris doesn't know how to handle interviews and write acceptable answers? Seriously.

Chris is probably the best guy in the industry to talk to and he's probably the most open guy, but you [the interviewer] have to do your part. The questions are idiotic. Pooper couldn't even get the names right: Pearlman, Methesoda. If you don't respect the interviewee and his time, don't expect him to respect you.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In real life a co-owner of a company is way, way above everyone else, especially the PR people
Do you think it is possible that perhaps he had to somehow run it through any of the publishers for approval? That could shed some light on the issue.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Lockkaliber said:
In real life a co-owner of a company is way, way above everyone else, especially the PR people
Do you think it is possible that perhaps he had to somehow run it through any of the publishers for approval? That could shed some light on the issue.

Which publishers? Only two questions were about Alpha Protocol, and nobody sane would expect the first one to be fully answered.

Unwanted

DrDigej

Unwanted
Dear PoE Shills and Obshitians ILikeAlphaBrotocolThisMuch(MoreThanMassDefect), its RtwP!

Kindly kill yourselves!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Does the ban limited to kikes, gooks and niggers only or faggots included as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom