Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Epic has UPS Simulator 1 for free today.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm interested in this ever since some artsy youtuber said the game is great because the walking mechanics symulate the actual challenges of trekking through mountanous terrain very well. I love trekking and slipping on rocks irl, but my pc can't handle this game at the moment. I got it in my chinese library though.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like Epic fucked up and it was supposed to be the OG version of the game. Not the director's cut. If you redeemed the DC, they took it away and replaced it with standard which sucks if you started playing since saves aren't backwards compatible.

Some people who stayed in game are reporting that they still have the director's cut in their libraries so we'll see how that plays out.

Standard edition is still great.

Last edited:
Kojima productions physically relocated to LA about 6 months ago. They're gonna be fully pozzed within the year.

edit: this is a misunderstanding. Kojipro did open a LA branch, but it's geared towards other types of productions, like TV and movies and shit.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Kojima productions physically relocated to LA about 6 months ago. They're gonna be fully pozzed within the year.
Wut? They just moved to a new office In the same building in Japan and are not planning on opening any studios anywhere else

Harthwain

Magister
then why bother tweeting in English... Guess he knows where most of his fans are
This is his "EN" profile on Twitter. He's obviously having "JP" version as well (otherwise there would be no reason for the label). As for why - English is lingua franca of the world. There is literally no reason to not drop an English version of something for your international audience, regardless of how big of a following you have in your country of origin.

Wut? They just moved to a new office In the same building in Japan and are not planning on opening any studios anywhere else

I guess they're expanding their business then, there's an LA division focused on film, music and television:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/kojima-productions-launches-new-film-tv-and-music-division

Sorry, my misunderstanding. The games side is still in grorious Nippon.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

I guess they're expanding their business then, there's an LA division focused on film, music and television:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/kojima-productions-launches-new-film-tv-and-music-division

https://youtu.be/7z8KJKth09w?t=251 :|

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

https://youtu.be/7z8KJKth09w?t=251 :|

Mentally cucked

v1rus

Arcane
I 100% the base game, and I'm thinking of upgrading to directors cut since its like, 5 bucks right now. What exactly is the new content? How much of it? If its like, 5 or more hours, I think 5$ would be worth it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I 100% the base game, and I'm thinking of upgrading to directors cut since its like, 5 bucks right now. What exactly is the new content? How much of it? If its like, 5 or more hours, I think 5$ would be worth it.
It is worth it. A lot of new missions and gear that is totally worth 5 bucks for sure. Play it on Hard or above though.

v1rus

Arcane
It is worth it. A lot of new missions and gear that is totally worth 5 bucks for sure. Play it on Hard or above though.

Yeah, I did beat the base game on the hardest available difficulty.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
He had a temper tantrum when he found out Americans don't like his UPS simulator tho
Poor guy was unaware that walking is tantamount to torture for Americans
1ubv11.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom