Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Machocruz

Arcane
I think the game would have been better without all the baby in jar, ghosts and other fantasy garbage. Focus on the wasteland delivery clerk theme and have the dangers be bandits and other sorts of ne'er-do-wells, wildlife, environment, weather, rival carriers.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
wjA1qDS.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now the whole fetus/baby stuff is starting to come into place, the auteur wanted to show us grown people what it is to be learning to walk.

But I don't need your game to teach me that, Kojima! I'm a white man and my body can process alcohol. I'll just up two large ones and it's going to be the same. There, millions of dollars saved.

Curratum

All joking and shitposting aside, though, I watched the game's entire what, 8-9? hours of cinematics (aka the actual story without all the walking) on YT and really enjoyed it. It had a nice touch of mystery, a good sci-fi vibe and a human thread running through that I actually did find very touching and moving, probably because I am a father and the plot deals with fatherhood a lot.

I will probably buy the game on the cheap next year so I can play through it some day and experience this again.

Sentinel

Arcane
The gameplay (at least on a controller) is actually really good, and the game's biggest fault is that it gives you tools to trivialize the balance system way too early (the exoskeleton). My biggest hope is that the very hard difficulty either nerfs the exoskeleton or makes the balance system more important past chapter 3, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's just another enemy health/damage taken buff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom