Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I am afraid
DgB8GGmWsAAfQWd.jpg:large

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's gonna be great, however it ends. I love these kind of insane passion projects. It happens so seldom that studios give insane eccentric people free reign.

If it will have gameplay, if it will be just running around hills and avoiding monsters its gonna be boring

Roygbiv

Novice
It's gonna be great, however it ends. I love these kind of insane passion projects. It happens so seldom that studios give insane eccentric people free reign.

If it will have gameplay, if it will be just running around hills and avoiding monsters its gonna be boring

Well, I did see a gun in the latest video :)
I guarantee it'll probably be just to stun enemies to sneak past them or whatever.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you...

Waiting for you to
come to see me.

But you never do.

And so I wait, wrapped in my
cocoon of pain and loneliness.

I know I've done a terrible
thing to you. Something you'll
never forgive me for.

I wish I could change
that, but I can't.

I feel so pathetic and ugly
laying here, waiting for you...

Every day I stare up at the cracks
in the ceiling and all I can think
about is how unfair it all is...

The doctor came today.
He told me I could go
home for a short stay.

It’s not that I'm getting better.
It’s just that this may be
my last chance...

I think you know what I mean...

Even so, I'm glad to be coming
home. I've missed you terribly.

But I'm afraid, James.
I'm afraid you don't really
want me to come home.

Whenever you come see me,
I can tell how hard it is on you...

I don't know if you
hate me or pity me...
Or maybe I just disgust you...

I'm sorry about that.

When I first learned that
I was going to die, I just
didn't want to accept it.

I was so angry all the time and I
struck out at everyone I loved most.
Especially you, James.

That's why I understand
if you do hate me.

But I want you to
know this, James.

I'll always love you.

Even though our life together had
to end like this, I still wouldn't
trade it for the world. We had
some wonderful years together.

Well, this letter has gone on
too long, so I'll say goodbye.

I told the nurse to give
this to you after I'm gone.

That means that as you read
this, I'm already dead.

I can't tell you to remember me,
but I can't bear for you to
forget me.

These last few years since I
became ill... I'm so sorry for
what I did to you, did to us...

You've given me so much and
I haven't been able to return
a single thing.

That's why I want you to live
for yourself now.
Do what's best for you, James.

James...

You made me happy.

Egosphere

Arcane
I only recently found out that Squre Enix are making this:

And Shinkawa is in their art department:

LEFT_ALIVE_Title_Announcement_Artwork01_1505808737.jpg

Death stranding is just some lame, gay-ass sony nonsense. kojima-san is in hiding at square's hq. You heard it here first.
:smug:

Trithne

Erudite
I only recently found out that Squre Enix are making this:

And Shinkawa is in their art department:

LEFT_ALIVE_Title_Announcement_Artwork01_1505808737.jpg

Death stranding is just some lame, gay-ass sony nonsense. kojima-san is in hiding at square's hq. You heard it here first.
:smug:

For a brief moment I hoped this was going to be Square's attempt to reboot Front Mission. Then the gameplay sections started.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm basically dead certain it's going to be shit but be overhyped as fuck exactly like MGS V and release to widespread critical acclaim by Professional Game Journalists.
I really can't wait for Kojimbo to 'make me think...' with 80s action movie references and nonsensical plots all while I walk across a map that looks like it's made by a random terrain generator.

Plisken

Learned
I'm basically dead certain it's going to be shit but be overhyped as fuck exactly like MGS V and release to widespread critical acclaim by Professional Game Journalists.
I really can't wait for Kojimbo to 'make me think...' with 80s action movie references and nonsensical plots all while I walk across a map that looks like it's made by a random terrain generator.

MGSV's gameplay is fantastic. theres just too little of it. Overhyped, rushed and incomplete. Kojima wouldve been better off sticking with his obvious desire to make an autistic biafra war tribute than trying to make some "epic"

Well what can we do but shrug, this Nip has always been confused. He makes MGS1 (great) then he makes MGS2 (shit), then he makes MGS3 (great) then he makes MGS4 (shit). It seems like every time he releases a game to less than fantastic reception someone comes down from the boardroom to kick him in his fucking head and remind him hes just a gay little video game dev, not a auteur filmmaker. Then when he releases something thats universally praised, his ego gets out of control and he starts having daydreams again about finally breaking into the movie industry.

well now thats hes got his own studio, I think we should be prepared for a wave of shit because there are no pseudo-yakuza Konami suits to kick him in his fucking head when he gets uppity, of which shit we will no doubt have to suffer the redditards who insist to you that it is sublime geinus only appreciated by the most cultivated tastes.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Shit, that's almost exactly my thoughts.
I wouldn't say that MGS V gameplay is fantastic, though. The game suffers from something I call knockout creep, where the non lethal weapons are a far better option than the lethal ones, not to mention the gay moralfaggotry shit that Kojima did where you will have your shrapnel piece grow larger and you eventually get covered in blood if you kill enough in some dumb generic anti war message. Also, the AI is busted as fuck and camos don't do anything at all and are purely cosmetic. You know that roll while prone? The AI can't see above 25m, so you can just roll your way to victory really easily using that in a lot of missions.
Also the helicopter rides were fucking retarded. They take like 1 minute flat and there's around 50 missions IIRC, so assuming you only did the main missions you will waste a minimum of like 1 and a half hours of game time just for those stupid helicopter rides.
Oh and Kojimbo's obsession with being 'cinematic' also managed to spoil his own fucking storyline, where the game tells you that the mission will star that parasite unit, sniper quiet, those white skinned parasite teleport snipers that were so horribly forgettable that I even forgot their names in those helicopter rides. What was he even thinking with that?
The mission and level design were also a straight dumpster fire, funny how the game reuses the parasite units like 10 fucking times in the story, that's just fucking awesome isn't it. Most of the locations don't really feel like they are as detailed or good as they used to be in older MGS games, and if they are, can I ask what in the FUCK is the point of the open world? So instead of just doing the mission, I run for 5 minutes and then do the mission. Truly visionary mr kojimbo you did it again, amazing. I forgot that running on horseback in a literal fucking desert and avoiding guard posts that I have done 10 fucking times was an amazing philosophical message about blblgjuohaesdpouifhgdaou and kojimbo is a visionary and I should shut the fuck up because I'm just a hater.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why people get hyped that much about Kojima,has he made any good games ?

PS:All console games are shit,don't care about them. Let plebs squabble about them.

Farewell into the night

Why people get hyped that much about Kojima,has he made any good games ?

PS:All console games are shit,don't care about them. Let plebs squabble about them.
He big name, he made metal gear solid, good game, it's smart, like a movie.

Ocelot

Learned
I was wondering if he ripped off the whole 'baby as symbol of rebirth' from Kubrick. The set is nudging my suspicions in that direction..

A room is white and has tiles = Copying Stanley Kubrick.

People are trying to finds reasons to hate Kojima, but why?

I was wondering if he ripped off the whole 'baby as symbol of rebirth' from Kubrick. The set is nudging my suspicions in that direction..

A room is white and has tiles = Copying Stanley Kubrick.

People are trying to finds reasons to hate Kojima, but why?

Maybe he's taking from Ken Russell like Kubrick did?

TDF6.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom