Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Tehdagah

Arcane
It's supposed to be ironic xD

Adon

Arcane
I think the game systems and mechanics are more cohesive than MGSV, and it's a better designed game. But as much as I like the game, I don't think I can find myself going back to it occasionally the same way I go back to MGSV. For all its flaws, and how bloated parts of it are, MGSV has a lot going for it. I don't think its far-fetched to say that DS has less replayability than MGSV.

Venser

Erudite
Kojima Productions veteran Ken Imaizumi ‘departs’ following Death Stranding
FOUNDING MEMBER WAS A KEY FIGURE BEHIND METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES

Untitled-4-320x164.png

Veteran Metal Gear Solid producer and Kojima Productions founding member Ken-Ichiro Imaizumi has left the company, VGC understands.

Imaizumi, who has been a well-known figure at Kojima Productions for almost 20 years, was a founding member of the new independent Kojima Productions. As corporate director, he oversaw all production on Death Stranding.

During the studio’s previous incarnation at Konami, Imaizumi worked on every Metal Gear Solid title since 2001’s Sons of Liberty. Most recently, he was producer for Guns of the Patriots, The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Rising.

The reason for the veteran’s departure remains unclear, but one source claimed it was due to a disagreement with Kojima Productions’ other directors.

Significantly, Imaizumi – usually a common face at Kojima Productions’ public events and on social media – was absent from Hideo Kojima’s recent promotional world tour for Death Stranding.

Neither Kojima Productions nor Imaizumi responded to requests for comment on this story.

Capture-23-320x172.png

Ken Imaizumi (left) during a visit by Conan O’Brien in September.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ken-imaizumi-departs-kojima/

Venser

Erudite
Yesterday I had the most intense experience. I was on a mountain in yet unexplored area and got caught by BTs. Sam was bleeding out with no stamina left, BB was in a critical condition, lost most of the cargo, everywhere around me lethal fall and the black goo whale was chasing after me. The thing even caught me at some point and I have no idea how I managed to get away. At that point I was halfway to my destination so I wasn't sure whether to go back or keep marching into unknown with limited supplies, busted BB and no Chiral Network. By some miracle I still had the one package that I needed to deliver for the quest. I decided to go forward and had just enough rope left to scale down the mountain without dying.

10/10 GOTY

Gerrard

Arcane
Yesterday I had the most intense experience. I was on a mountain in yet unexplored area and got caught by BTs. Sam was bleeding out with no stamina left, BB was in a critical condition, lost most of the cargo, everywhere around me lethal fall and the black goo whale was chasing after me. The thing even caught me at some point and I have no idea how I managed to get away. At that point I was halfway to my destination so I wasn't sure whether to go back or keep marching into unknown with limited supplies, busted BB and no Chiral Network. By some miracle I still had the one package that I needed to deliver for the quest. I decided to go forward and had just enough rope left to scale down the mountain without dying.

10/10 GOTY
Pretty sure I read shit like this in Oblivion threads on /v/.

Venser

Erudite
Pretty sure I read shit like this in Oblivion threads on /v/.

Bold move to admit you read Oblivion threads on /v/ :D

But seriously tho, it's that kind of stories that will stay with you after playing the game, not some scripted events games throw at you. Haven't played Oblivion yet but I have my own stories from Morrowind and I'll never forget how upgrading swimming skill in Deus Ex saved my whole first playthrough.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
After 80 hours finally finished the main story. Gonna make 5 stars with all preppers and build the roads before wrapping up for good.

What can i say, kudos to Kojima for not contracting brain rot like all the other old farts in the industry. Still going strong, still great game designer, still have passion for unique game mechanics and crazy plots even if the writing is oftentimes anime cringe.

Boss battles are complete shit though (Cliff sections were alright, but didn't fit the premise), not sure how they ended up in the game at all. Have a suspicion higher ups imposed it on Kojipro and with the lack of time and resources we got what we got.

Also, how they managed to produce the game of such magnitude and without a single bug, with a small team in 3 years is mighty impressive

Silva

Arcane

10/10 GOTY
So intense experiences in this game come from taking a hike in the mountain high on drugs seeing flying whales and risking fall on a precipice.

Oookay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom