Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Jinn

Arcane
The asymmetric multiplay adds a lot to the experience in my opinion. If you have no reason not to play online, I'd say do it.

SkinnJakka

Novice
I'm convinced Kojima's artistic vision is seeing my vehicle stuck between rocks or falling of a cliff.
Walking in this game is so much fun that you'll in the end try to force your bike or car EVERYWHERE. Rivers, pile of rocks, steep hills, mountain tops, this is car terrain. Also abusing other player's creations like bridges, because fuck if I'm spending anytime in this game myself building shit.

Curratum

2% away from Overwhelmingly positive at 2000 reviews. I love to see Kojimbo haters screech and throw fits in here though, always a fun sight.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
From what I've read about the game in last year, Death Stranding is somewhat unique and interesting experience. I will try it when I get a chance (or hahaha spare $60)

01.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Anyone who hasn't played this game, yet is commenting on it, joyously discard their opinions.

This is a gameplay-centric game. I played it for 10 hours today and still feel I haven't touched the surface of what there is to offer. "Walking-simulator" and "interactive-movie" sayers know nothing. Try it for yourself and tell me otherwise.

SkinnJakka

Novice
From what I've read about the game in last year, Death Stranding is somewhat unique and interesting experience. I will try it when I get a chance (or hahaha spare $60)
You know, you could always try the fullgame demo for 0$ :smug:
But be aware, this is one of those "it gets good 10 hours in" kind of games.
I recommend rushing the story missions at the start so you can get to the boat ASAP. The game even tells you to finish shit up there before going, but that's a giant lie since you can return there whenever you want to do the sidequests.
Explenation for why, is that you'll likely get burnt out from the game if you're a completionist and your autism stops you from going further until the area is 100% done. If you do go ahead, you'll get tons of equipment that makes the game less of a hassle,
and more
fun.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This is nuts...

It's the same as Control, smoothed and sharpened up the wazoo. People seem to like that look though, which bums me out. Pretty soon it'll basically be forced on everyone, like TAA.

People like it because it offers a HUGE performance increase with little to no VISIBLE quality loss. Have you actually played a game with it enabled?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The game is a walking simulator, but is a good one. The worst thing of it is the boss design and the overall action, it's very poor compared to MGSV in that regard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom