Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/941460/view/3041598834051138867

Demo playable at Steam Next Fest

Six years ago, on this exact day, Death Trash was born.

This month, finally, you'll be able to play it for the first time at Steam Next Fest from June 16th to June 22nd.

The demo will feature the start of the game and will be 1-2 hours long, depending on your progress.

It will run on Windows, Mac and Linux, it will support mouse / keyboard as well as controller, and it will support singleplayer as well as local co-op.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
According to the dev on twitter, the Death Trash demo:

• 1-2 hours long, representing start of the full game
• Windows, Mac and Linux
• mouse / keyboard and controller support
• singleplayer & local co-op
• compressed essence of six years of work
• June 16

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
compressed essence of six years of work

really need to remember that marketing phrase, does say nothing but sounds nice. All my future games are now the compressed essence of years of life experience

fork

Whether this will be good or not, it's tragic how many devs waste years and years on complete crap nowadays. There are dozens upon dozens of games being worked on for a decade or longer, and most of them look like shit, play like shit and simply are utter shit. It boggles the mind.

There's a thing I do time to time where I purposely buy not bad, but far from good, mediocre games on steam. I do it so I better understand how to make good games, and not accidentally make ones that look bland, uninspired, and generic.
This looks bland, uninspired, and generic. Won't buy it tho

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Yeah, I've been following this for awhile and was pretty interested in it, but after watching some gameplay vids yesterday the writing seems..... pretty basic and tame. And the attempts at humor kind of.... Dad-ish? Like that naked dude showing off his dance moves. Intensely lame.

Obviously it's just a short chunk of game but so far it seems like piles of flesh and puke button are the extent of the game's punk.

I was expecting something more loosey goosey like Cruelty Squad

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I will probably not play the game alone but I think it could be an above average choice in local co-op, local co-op games with a campaign are not as legion as you may presume without really thinking about it.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah, I've been following this for awhile and was pretty interested in it, but after watching some gameplay vids yesterday the writing seems..... pretty basic and tame. And the attempts at humor kind of.... Dad-ish? Like that naked dude showing off his dance moves. Intensely lame.

Obviously it's just a short chunk of game but so far it seems like piles of flesh and puke button are the extent of the game's punk.

I was expecting something more loosey goosey like Cruelty Squad
You are just upset cos he has better moves than you

Johnny Biggums

Learned
"This game sucks and is taking too long to come out"
"The food is awful and the portions are so small"

Who knew codex was a jewish forum?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/941460/view/4984902895056405650

Early Access begins August 5th
It's happening!

For six years now we've been working diligently to bring the post-apocalyptic / flesh / sci-fi world of Death Trash to life, in all its glory.

Early Access Release

The game is still in development but we believe we have a great foundation in place: Gameplay that feels satisfying and is complex enough, a good amount of content, a solid framework and tools, many design problems figured out, platform features implemented, and a plan where we want to go with the game.

8e419da4cdafd6843f9d46efeb1bcb727d494531.png

Now is the time to open it up to more people, getting feedback and testing. We always had a firm grasp on the personality of the game and its genre but we also listen to player feedback when it comes to usability and gameplay range.

Join us on August 5th and take part in the journey of Death Trash and help us in making this game the best it can be!

Full announcement trailer

Playable preview

To give you a taste of Death Trash there will be a playable preview from June 16th to June 22nd.

The Early Access version will differ from the preview demo by having improved features and a lot more content. We'll write about the details closer to release.

The final version of Death Trash is targeted for next year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom