Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Looks cool. They don't give a shit. I like that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like it's right up Blaine's alley.

Saduj

Arcane
"It’s the work of solo developer Stephan Hövelbrinks..."

Looked it up. He's in Berlin. That explains the preoccupation with human waste.

It is also very hard to swear effectively in one's non-native language. Explains the overuse of "fuck".

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll forgive anything provided the game is fun, and there is already a lot of shame associated with playing RPG's morning, noon and night rather than healing the worlds ills, but I don't know if I could look myself in the eye after playing something like this...

polo

Magister
Dev took all the fucks he didn't have in his life and put them in the game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
look-at-all-the-fucks-i-dont-give-theyre-just-falling-from-the-sky.jpg

88d8aab4bf6d98238c6a73735ff3ec0dcada110344bebdd8a8ed379194de3fd5.jpg

tellef.jpg

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
lol @ all of the pearl-clutching in this thread. I'm not very into the pixel art, but I am mildly amused by what they're going for. Feels very much in line with shitty 80/90s science fiction.

HotSnack

Cipher
Wow, someone saw the noodle limb aesthetic of that superbrothers game and actually thought it was a style worth imitating? That's like looking at a Rob Liefeld comic, and think that having everyone's feet hidden behind rocks is a good idea.

To be fair those giant mutants look cool. It's just the humanoids that look lazy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
looks better than any shit released in the last 20 years

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
As far as I'm concerned more RPG's should have the option to kick your interlocutor in the balls at any moment.

animlboogy

Learned
As far as I'm concerned more RPG's should have the option to kick your interlocutor in the balls at any moment.

Punching out a reporter is the only moment I remember fondly from Mass Effect. I'm an edgelord after all!

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
It is like every game imagined by sixteen years old edgelords, with the popular "spindly legs" style of indie graphics.

My inner edgy 16 y o would make it look like a children cartoon. This guy isn't really imaginative.

And btw. he should contact whatever was left from Riot City Records, he'll get soundtrack by just picking random songs.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Heh, suitable title. This is trash.
Some things look pretty cool, but the rest is just vulgar nonsense.

Also,
> Low grade Pixel Art
> Main character is a chick with bright blue hair
> Nonsensical writing and setting

Yep, this is indie crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom