Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got me thinking about this:

The edgiest game ever.

lightbane

Arcane
Too bad about the pixelated graphics. Otherwise, it looks good, if a bit over-the-top (but perhaps that's the point).

MWaser

Arbiter
What is with shitty indie games and their shitty one-note gimmicks recently. First Undertale with its "lul u dun haf 2 kil ppl" and now "Death Trash" with "lul u can tell ppl to feck of"

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
tumblr_o1iejj0agC1udgdfno1_1280.png

The cross where Shebzu spilled his seed and people licked it from the ground.

The term 'putting everything into it' is a figure of speech, not something to be taken literally.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
no offence to anyone who likes those style graphics but no way im playing that in 2016+

maybe if it came out in like 1996 we could talk

e- everything about this game looks retarded/terrible lol

dont know why people think excessive curse words are cool in entertainment, i feel like most people who think that way grew up in rly conservative homes and thats one of the only ways they can be edgy

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, some people just cannot stand graphics that are below top-notch and/or just cannot see some art styles as a deliberate design choice, instead seeing it as some kind of "thing of the past".

thHWPMILWT.jpg

To be honest, I don't like the art style either. But that has nothing to do with the year, it's just a personal preference.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, some people just cannot stand graphics that are below top-notch and/or just cannot see some art styles as a deliberate design choice, instead seeing it as some kind of "thing of the past".

thHWPMILWT.jpg

To be honest, I don't like the art style either. But that has nothing to do with the year, it's just a personal preference.

Absolutely. SCUMM adventures or even masterpieces like Another World are graphics-wise, very, very playable today, and I consider them to have better graphics than, let's say, Sword Coast Legends. 3D can be great, but in many cases is just a cheap substitute for the quality and effort that was put into 2D, and also it can be confusing as heck.

But don't pity the millenials, let them enjoy their shiny modern classics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think these graphics are cute. I don't mind playing with these graphics. I don't like crappy 3d.

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
And there we go with the graphics argument again... I find the graphics and artstyle beautiful, but I always forget that this is the codex, where everyone pretends not to be a graphics whore but somehow graphics must always be the main concern.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
And there we go with the graphics argument again... I find the graphics and artstyle beautiful, but I always forget that this is the codex, where everyone pretends not to be a graphics whore but somehow graphics must always be the main concern.

or it's because they actually look like shit and you're stupid?

Ziem

Arbiter
Pixel """""art""""" is fucking triggering me, won't touch

zool

Arcane
I really love the Gothic series, especially the German versions, for their colloquial dialogue and liberal use of swearwords, it really adds to the atmosphere in those games. But here? Holy fucking shit this isn't "grimier, scarier, nastier" than Fallout, this is just fucking immature. A couple of hardass characters saying fuck all the time? Sure! Having a "fuck you" dialogue option in most conversations? Why not! Basing your entire game around the premise of inserting the word "fuck" anywhere and everywhere possible? I guess I would've loved this back when I was 12 and easily amused.

Did you enjoy AoD's dialogues? A large part of it felt like that to me (not all of it thank god).

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
no offence to anyone who likes those style graphics but no way im playing that in 2016+

maybe if it came out in like 1996 we could talk

e- everything about this game looks retarded/terrible lol

dont know why people think excessive curse words are cool in entertainment, i feel like most people who think that way grew up in rly conservative homes and thats one of the only ways they can be edgy

I agree with the swearing. As well as nudity in games or overly sexualized females. Its just gratuitous and unnecessary.

But, I can think a game looks like shit and still love it. Because it is a game. It is made for playing, not for looking at. Are you this much of a superficial pretentious fuck when it comes to playing monopoly? You'll only play if the little hat and thimble are shined to gleam and the bills are crisp and the board has no salsa stains? Would you only play poker with a 3d card set?

I don't go for this bullshit art style argument people make either. Its usually the same weirdos that buy game soundtracks, but that's another story in both cases.

I bet you like your "games" to be more slightly interactive movie than game? Most of you fucking trough suckers think you like games when you don't. The only important thing about games is if they are good games. Nothing superficial. No putting form over function.

Why don't you post on fandango and IMDB and leave the people that actually like games alone. Why would you think your monkey spewing would be relevant at all in this thread? Just go preorder your hipster shit like Dark Souls 3 and leave the people that are here for a reason to the reason we are here.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Compare this:
tumblr_nvrcmkws5C1udgdfno1_1280.gif

To another game set in the strange world and released 26 years earlier.
630132-altered-destiny-dos-screenshot-begin-quest-ega.png

237-altered-destiny-dos-screenshot-runes-island.gif

altereddestiny-1.jpg

altereddestiny-3.jpg

Altered Destiny is graphical consistent. Death Trash looks like bunch of sprites viewed in 1280x1024. Look at this font. I have not used this in graphical modes even when had 320x200 B&W display! Look at small inscriptions and compare them to big! Discrepancy everywhere. They are not big things, but they gradually add to overall cargo cult look. Developers should've started with fucking using proper VGA resolutions!

P.S. Would play if combat is turn-based.

Yeah but it was in latin, so it probably sounded pretentious as fuck.
Futue te ipsum.

EDIT:
asiwassaying_finished.gif

tumblr_nz5cvfdpZW1udgdfno1_1280.gif

Combat is abominable . :negative:

Last edited:
Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
Compare this:
tumblr_nvrcmkws5C1udgdfno1_1280.gif

To another game set in the strange world and released 26 years earlier.
630132-altered-destiny-dos-screenshot-begin-quest-ega.png

237-altered-destiny-dos-screenshot-runes-island.gif

altereddestiny-1.jpg

altereddestiny-3.jpg

Altered Destiny is graphical consistent. Death Trash looks like bunch of sprites viewed in 1280x1024. Look at this font. I have not used this in graphical modes even when had 320x200 B&W display! Look at small inscriptions and compare them to big! Discrepancy everywhere. They are not big things, but they gradually add to overall cargo cult look. Developers should've started with fucking using proper VGA resolutions!

P.S. Would play if combat is turn-based.

Yeah but it was in latin, so it probably sounded pretentious as fuck.
Futue te ipsum.

EDIT:
asiwassaying_finished.gif

tumblr_nz5cvfdpZW1udgdfno1_1280.gif

Combat is abominable . :negative:
Altered destiny looks ugly as fuck while this game is bery beautiful. What so you havre in place of Your eyes? To dicks looking at each other thinking who's the longest? Go fuck yourself pal, and Your mom too while you're there.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really love the Gothic series, especially the German versions, for their colloquial dialogue and liberal use of swearwords, it really adds to the atmosphere in those games. But here? Holy fucking shit this isn't "grimier, scarier, nastier" than Fallout, this is just fucking immature. A couple of hardass characters saying fuck all the time? Sure! Having a "fuck you" dialogue option in most conversations? Why not! Basing your entire game around the premise of inserting the word "fuck" anywhere and everywhere possible? I guess I would've loved this back when I was 12 and easily amused.

Did you enjoy AoD's dialogues? A large part of it felt like that to me (not all of it thank god).

The demo seemed a little excessive with its fucks, but the full version turned out to be quite fine with its writing, keeping it to appropriate characters and situations. Nobles spoke differently to commoners or criminals. It wasn't too excessive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom