Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Trash - edgy post-apocalyptic isometric action-RPG - now available on Early Access

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Altered destiny looks ugly as fuck while this game is bery beautiful. What so you havre in place of Your eyes? To dicks looking at each other thinking who's the longest? Go fuck yourself pal, and Your mom too while you're there.

No altered destiny looks much better, you have no eyes.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
I bet you like your "games" to be more slightly interactive movie than game? Most of you fucking trough suckers think you like games when you don't. The only important thing about games is if they are good games. Nothing superficial. No putting form over function.

if fallout 1/2/arcanum/ja2/deus ex/ss2 or more recently wasteland 2/underrail are interactive movies then thats how i like my games i guess?

i just think there's a cutoff to how terrible a game can look and be worth playing, i can still play fallout 1 or probably even diablo 1 or the inf engine games today or recently underrail

but this 'death trash' looks like lazy shit designed for the snes, not the pc in 2016,

What so you havre in place of Your eyes?
Lost them long ago playing all these CGA and EGA games.

Color choice in Death Trash is better than in Altered Destiny imo.
PC version was EGA game, so no 50 shades of brown palettes. :M
When getting into arguements like this I realize two things a) I'm thirty already and b) I'm (probably) debating with millennials. :negative:They can't into EGA, not to mention CGA. I especially "like" all this hipster "retro 8 bit games" which are using at least 16 bit color, and often way more.

It's interesting that the divide usually begins on the level of graphics which was common when someone started playing games. For me it's mostly VGA with some EGA thrown in, so I can't into CGA (and the games without mouse support if they aren't roguelikes). Scary thought that for some younger millennials one of the starting milestones it's that quasi-retro pixel-art.

Last edited:

pippin

This game still looks like shit. Worst thing is it probably won't have proper death thrash as its soundtrack.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with cga or ega graphics, they just make sense in the context they were created both in terms or art and technical standpoint. Hipster indie graphix don't make sense in 2016 because those are an exercise in lazyness,plain and simple. It really isn't an issue, since it's quite clear for me. If you can't see it perhaps you need to play more games? Go grab some abandonware, it's quite good and you won't waste any money. It's what I'm doing now in fact.

MWaser

Arbiter
You asshats are still arguing about graphics 5 pages in? What the fuck did you people even expect from indie games, Pillars of Eternity level of hand-drawn environments or full HD 3D?

Sure it might look like shit to some, and have a specific appeal to others, but it is low quality and cheap by definition, courtesy of being pixel art. I wouldn't even exactly call it retro, as it doesn't stick to a defined color palette like even undertale did (though Undertale still didn't look anything like any old game has ever had, it was far too inconsistent) but at least it could have passed for 8-bit. This has too many shades of brown and elongated pixels when the camera zooms in.

Still, if graphics are your biggest concern with games, maybe you should stick to mainstream releases and avoid the indie industry for the most part.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You asshats are still arguing about graphics 5 pages in? What the fuck did you people even expect from indie games, Pillars of Eternity level of hand-drawn environments or full HD 3D?

No, but it would be cool if the game looked good compared to 20 year old games.

MWaser

Arbiter
You much be new here. Welcome to the Codex.
And here I was thinking people from RPGCodex would actually care more about the RPG aspects. Silly me.

Just try imagining how no-budges games made by (probably) 1 person would have looked like 20 years ago.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
And here I was thinking people from RPGCodex would actually care more about the RPG aspects. Silly me.

Oh we do. But we have a large group of dumbfucks who can only discuss graphic glitches or complain about graphics, because that's they only thing they can discuss about. Sadly the people who ARE here to discuss about RPG's and their various many aspects get drowned out by dumbfucks. Welcome to the Codex Experience™.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
You asshats are still arguing about graphics 5 pages in?

Wellcome to the party!
Gremlins3.gif

:edgy:

MWaser

Arbiter

Oh we do. But we have a large group of dumbfucks who can only discuss graphic glitches or complain about graphics, because that's they only thing they can discuss about. Sadly the people who ARE here to discuss about RPG's and their various many aspects get drowned out by dumbfucks. Welcome to the Codex Experience™.
Or maybe this is what's actually happening

NKXdeGJ.png

RPGcodex after all

You asshats are still arguing about graphics 5 pages in?

Wellcome to the party!
12deathtrashpuke.gif
ftfy

Just try imagining how no-budges games made by (probably) 1 person would have looked like 20 years ago.
Like pure sex.
GBNZf.jpg

Eo5CV.jpg

aethraschronicles8.gif

nahlakh_4.png
Weren't many of C64 and Amiga games made by one-man teams also? Never had either of them though, but my neighbor had the later and remember quite a few games having graphics superior to most PC ones of that time (late 80s - early 90s).

pippin

The first rollercoaster tycoon was made by one man, but he had money from the publisher iirc. Still a p. outstanding feat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom