Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deathfire, Stasis and More Greenlit on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bloom; Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore; Driftmoon; G3 Studios; Instant Kingdom; Paper Sorcerer; STASIS; Studio Fawn; The Brotherhood; UltraRunawayGames

Valve greenlit another 100 games for release on Steam today, among them several titles of interest to the Codex:
Congratulations to all the teams involved.

Dorateen

Arcane
Only one traditional fantasy party-based RPG among the lot, and only one not funded through kickstarter. Time to start knocking on those publisher doors, Henkel, or else go indie.

Severian Silk

Guido needs Jesse Cox, Dodge and Roguey to make a video for him.

(OK, one of those names was kind of random.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Steam Greenlighters truly are some of the dumbest people on the planet. There is no "PC master race" and yes I'm aware Yahtzee coined that term ironically.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any point to Steam Greenlight anymore. They're just approving everything in larger and larger batches.

Monty

Arcane
So Guido's blobber made it through greenlight without funding or even a demo in place. There's hope for Grimoire!

TripJack

Hedonist
There is no "PC master race" and yes I'm aware Yahtzee coined that term ironically.
there most certainly is a pc master race, but much like the gentle cheese-eating neanderthal they have been almost entirely replaced by untermenschen like you and yahtzee

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow, Deathfire KS is going to fail miserably. Re: Greenlight, it's a joke now, anyway. GabeN wasn't happy with the way it turned out so now they just approve a hundred games every other week.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wow, Deathfire KS is going to fail miserably. Re: Greenlight, it's a joke now, anyway. GabeN wasn't happy with the way it turned out so now they just approve a hundred games every other week.
This will do more damage in the long-term, since more shovelware will likely end up decreasing confidence when it comes to blind-buying in sales. Jeff Vogel wrote a blog about how mass-Greenlighting means getting on Steam isn't the windfall it once was.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This will do more damage in the long-term, since more shovelware will likely end up decreasing confidence when it comes to blind-buying in sales. Jeff Vogel wrote a blog about how mass-Greenlighting means getting on Steam isn't the windfall it once was.

You mean this? http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.co.il/2013/11/marketing-dumb-luck-and-popping-of.html

That's not what his post was really about. He only mentioned "mass Greenlighting" once in passing. The post made a more general point about how in the long run, easy money "windfalls" always run out and that devs should consider the strategy of digging in for the long haul, like he did.

Repressed Homosexual
The App Store is not successful at all because there are too many apps on it.

This is one of the things they didn't do right, restricting tons of very good games because of stupid elitist criteria. They did exactly the right thing for once.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Vogel complains no matter what. The 'long haul' strategy is to... wait for it... produce more games. Not going to be able to coast on one title your entire life. Unless you're Notch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom