Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Citizen

Actually, system shock-like FPS/RPG hybrid designed for two players, where they booth explore some dangerious and creepy island/spacestatoin/whatever and compete with each other for resources, weapons, ammo etc. and the final battle is an epic duel between the two sounds interesting.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I find the way the trailer struggles immensely to be cool and hip while in fact being the most unexciting thing ever fairly amusing.

Israfael

Arcane
It's fairly classic SciFi trope - there's at least one episode devoted to this in every major series. In Stargate:SG1, there was a guy who made a time bubble with self-perpetuated loop so he can re-tune time machine and go back in time to save his wife from death (and create some sort of vaccine in the process of looping), in Fringe there's a guy called Alistair Peck who essentially did the same, Unrealized Reality in Farscape and some other episodes (which might have happened inside Crighton's mind, but still), and I'm pretty sure Star Trek and other classic 'rubberhead monster' shows had some sort of the same, where one party wanted it to perpetuate (to some point) and other wanted to break it immediately

Terenty

Liturgist
Looks like Arkane became a one trick pony developing Dishonored under different names.

One positive is Harvey Smith is not directing it

Terenty

Liturgist
Looks like Arkane became a one trick pony developing Dishonored under different names.

One positive is Harvey Smith is not directing it
Prey was a different and unique game.

Prey yes, and i attribute this to Colantonio being the lead, but this game is made by the second team responsible for Dishonored 1 and 2

RoSoDude

Arcane
who's the target audience for this?

RoSoDude

Yeah, possibly. Here's hoping it expands on what Mooncrash was doing. I'm particularly interested in seeing how they'll manage consequences for death within the Groundhog Day structure. Plus, I'm actually happy to see more guns -- the weapon choice in Arkane's games has been pretty stale as of late and I wouldn't mind having some more rounded out firepower. Also, out of ideas? This is the first Arkane IP since Dark Messiah that isn't just a retread of a Looking Glass et al IP.

Still, we know next to nothing about gameplay, and at this rate I'm going to have to start planning on a balance mod to fix it before it even comes out.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Slightly more interested in this title than most others. The atmosphere and environment reminds me a lot of that Death Stranding game.
Btw. the guy at 00:20 looks like a zombie. I wonder how that fits in. Could be interesting.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Looks like pure shit. Arkane should go back to trying to emulate LGS, but since that fag Harvey Smith and the other Arkane brass fell for the old Bethesda tricks and got bought up I guess they don't really have a choice anymore.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Looks like pure shit. Arkane should go back to trying to emulate LGS, but since that fag Harvey Smith and the other Arkane brass fell for the old Bethesda tricks and got bought up I guess they don't really have a choice anymore.

Harvey is not working on this.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess it'd be like Mooncrash - same overall "skeleton" with blocked passages / environment hazards / randomized enemies tossed in. Not so sure if it fits 'big game' mode though, considering how much attention average "gamer" and "journalist" pays to the race, San Andreas is an SJW game story and ignores mechanics / game systems.

I haven't played Mooncrash because I'm not into roguelikes, so a whole game like that would be pretty meh for me. A lot of people might love it though, probably a good move if that's the case.

Dexter

Arcane
I wonder how many more years it'll take for people to realize that the last good game Arkane made was Dishonored.

There seems to be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on like with BioWare fans where they needed Andromeda and ANTHEM to somehow realize that BioWare has been shit for a while now.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I wonder how many more years it'll take for people to realize that the last good game Arkane made was Dishonored.

There seems to be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on like with BioWare fans where they needed Andromeda and ANTHEM to somehow realize that BioWare has been shit for a while now.

I can't imagine liking Dishonored and not liking Dishonored 2 and its expansion. Haven't played Prey yet.

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.newsweek.com/deathloop-trademarked-zenimax-bethesda-new-mobile-game-1278621
ZeniMax Media, video game publisher and owner of studios including Bethesda, Arkane, id Software and others, has filed trademark for a new game title. Called Deathloop, very little is known about what this new project could be.

The Deathloop trademark is available to read on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website, and was created on December 26. According to the description, Deathloop is a video game for mobile devices, and features online gameplay. This means we shouldn't expect to see anything named Deathloop coming to PS4 or Xbox One. This seems like it's a game made for phones and tablets.
Wonder if this is right? It didn't display PS4/XBone, PC or anything at the end of the Trailer.

zDAaHqt.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I like how gameplay has already been judged to be shit based on a cinematic trailer showing no gameplay.

If it's only for mobile it's shit by definition. I can't imagine they would bring the guys out there to promote a mobile game so heavily without saying it's a mobile game though. They didn't hide that with Fallout Shelter or TES Blades. Who knows though I guess.

RaptorRex888

Learned
I like how gameplay has already been judged to be shit based on a cinematic trailer showing no gameplay.

If it's only for mobile it's shit by definition. I can't imagine they would bring the guys out there to promote a mobile game so heavily without saying it's a mobile game though. They didn't hide that with Fallout Shelter or TES Blades. Who knows though I guess.
What makes you think its mobile?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom