Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is no difficulty option, but we have an adaptive difficulty system.
So proper play is punished?
If you consider it "punishment" to play a game that evolves and gets smarter to remain challenging throughout, instead of rolling over so you can play the 2nd half with your eyes closed, then yes, proper play is "punished".

Terenty

Liturgist
If you still trust mainstream reviews you are completely out of touch with reality and need medical help asap

As for the game, reading through some more critical reviews and listening to ACG and some other guy the game predictably suffers from being braindead easy without a hint of any balance and rather handholdy when it comes to solving the main puzzle.

I don't get why everybody makes their games so fucking easy that a grandma in her sleep can beat it. The fucking Dark Souls and Sekiro sell millions, wake up you idioits

racofer

Thread Incliner
F5AuPoZ.png

Riskbreaker

^As with Dishonored 2's launch, negative user reviews tend to be about the technical side of things.

DeepOcean

Arcane
IGN gave Mass Effect 3 9.6, so it is more perfect than Mass Effect 3 was... really, really impressed, didnt think it was possible to be more perfect than that.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Yo is this game made in Unreal Engine?
Now I legitmately wanna poke around the Assets..
I swear in that Video I saw at least 4 noticeable objects from Dishonored that were just reskinned in a new Material.. (One of them looked like the rail car from D2..)

I guess vampire game was their next "Real Release" - This thing is feeling more and more "cobbled together last minute" for a quick buck..

Presented to you by.. "Arkane B-Team" .. Big Yikes..

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well, true to my word I have D1Pd it. Will post impressions probably tomorrow morning since it doesn’t unlock for another 7 hours for me.

Have you ever admitted a D1P was shit..?
You've already drunk the koolaid so if it's bad I don't wanna see any limp wrist rationalizations of:

"It's not the best game.. b-b-but I enjoyed it for a few hours.. and a Movie Theatre ticket + popcorn costs 20 bucks s-s-so..."

EDIT
In fact.. Post your steam profile here. I want to see your played time before you fluff us with your pre-ordering bullshit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn, Psychonauts 2, Wrath of the Rivhteous, and Deathloop all coming out within a month of each other? 2021 is shaping up to be a much better year for releases than any other in recent memory.

Now if I only had more time to actually play games.

All of them are big letdowns in their own way.

Well, true to my word I have D1Pd it. Will post impressions probably tomorrow morning since it doesn’t unlock for another 7 hours for me.

You've already drunk the koolaid so if it's bad I don't wanna see any limp wrist rationalizations of:

"It's not the best game.. b-b-but I enjoyed it for a few hours.. and a Movie Theatre ticket + popcorn costs 20 bucks s-s-so..."

EDIT
In fact.. Post your steam profile here. I want to see your played time before you fluff us with your pre-ordering bullshit.

I don’t think I’ve D1Pd a game in years unless you count kickstarters. The last game I can remember D1Ping was Arkham Knight, and I definitely immediately called it shit and refunded it.

And there are plenty of posters here who have access to my Steam profile. It’s not hard to find, I’m sure you can figure it out if you want to.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

EDIT

I don’t think I’ve D1Pd a game in years unless you count kickstarters. The last game I can remember D1Ping was Arkham Knight, and I definitely immediately called it shot and refunded it.

Wait Wait.. Wait..
So since the release of Arkham Knight in 2015.. not a single game has released that you've been excited enough to buy D1P.. until fucking ~ ~ Death Loop ~ ~

Come on.. is this a troll account ? :lol:

ADL

Prophet
Yo is this game made in Unreal Engine?
Now I legitmately wanna poke around the Assets..
I swear in that Video I saw at least 4 noticeable objects from Dishonored that were just reskinned in a new Material.. (One of them looked like the rail car from D2..)
Void Engine 100% certain

EDIT

I don’t think I’ve D1Pd a game in years unless you count kickstarters. The last game I can remember D1Ping was Arkham Knight, and I definitely immediately called it shot and refunded it.

Wait Wait.. Wait..
So since the release of Arkham Knight in 2015.. not a single game has released that you've been excited enough to buy.. until fucking ~ ~ Death Loop ~ ~

Come on.. is this a troll account ? :lol:

As I’ve said before in this thread, I’m not particularly excited by Deathloop, I just don’t want Arkane to go under, and I think there’s a significant chance of that happening if Deathloop flops. That’s why I’m D1Ping it.
As to why I don’t D1P more often: I have a huge backlog of games, even after running through around 30 of them in the past year. Steam sales/old age have made me a patient creature. But I’m also financially secure enough that I don’t mind supporting devs at full price if I think they’re exploring interesting design space.

Also I just thought of two more games I D1Pd fairly recently: Return of the Obra Dinn and Strangeland.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I just don’t want Arkane to go under

But Why.. they don't make the games you loved them for anymore.. Why support a company filled with a completely different culture and employed by completely different people.

You are essentially just blindly in love with a fucking logo a this point.

:?

EDIT
Also you have just put your bias on full display.
You readily admit you bought this thing to keep them in business whatever the cost, why should I believe anything you say about the game?

Siel

Arcane
Patron
…DMoMaM is actually my least favorite Arkane game, and the only one I’ve never finished. I guess I’ll have to turn in my Codex Cool Kid Card now.

I second this. I must prefer a game like Deathloop that tries something at least original with the loop structure even if it ends up shit than that linear Dark Messiah turd. Which was called Arx 2 for some time, what a fucking joke.

I just don’t want Arkane to go under

But Why.. they don't make the games you loved them for.. Why support a company filled with a completely different culture and employed by completely different people.
You are essentially just blindly in love with a fucking logo a this point.

:?
? I’ve enjoyed every product they made. Raph getting shitcanned and Redfall looking like ass are worrisome signs, sure, but every product they’ve released has been at least solid. 60 bucks is essentially less than an hour of work for me at this point in my life. It’s not really that big of an investment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom