Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Bethesda have no fucking idea how to sell Arkane's games and it's a tragedy. Apparently after Dishonored 2 and Prey faceplanted, they decided that the problem was that Arkane weren't making the right kind of games and not that they needed to behead their marketing team. Almost a decade of failure now, holy shit.
how would you sell Deathloop?
Hire stealthgamerbr as a consultant and have him do the gameplay trailers. Ezpz
They actually had him do a pre-release gameplay trailer for Death of the Outsider and it didn't seem to help much. But generally I agree with you, I am really fucking tired of retarded bullshot gameplay trailers where people do le epic slow walk and pan on their playstation controller looking at the scenery and doing everything as slowly as humanly possible. All the gameplay trailers for Deathloop are dogshit. Maybe they're afraid they'll scare potential scrubs away if they show stealthgamerbr going ham in the big well-circulated gameplay trailers (ohh no, this game isn't for me, it's for pro gamers). But hell, at this point they should try anything else than what they have been trying for the past 15 years with the marketing material.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Hopefully this Score / Player Count improves.. a lot.. otherwise...
Are you a Games Journalist by any chance? https://archive.is/ZPXDR
DLoop.jpg

Also of course they're going to give it 10/10 and whatever, it has the Black Panther Bonus. If these shitty sites go under Infinitron will be the most affected here, because he can't keep spamming reviews from shitty Woke "Gaming Journalist" sites like EuroGamer and Polygon only he and maybe 2-3 other people care about.

Rock Paper Shotgun absolutely love this game. I consider that to be a red flag.

:killit:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The black girl in Deathloop isn't ugly as fuck and sporting a massive afro though so I don't think it gets that many bonus points.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
> Mixed Meta Review Score (Hovering around ~59% positive)
> AI is shit
> Stuttering and dropped frames allegedly from Denuvo (This was the case for Dishonored 2 apparently)
> Sales in the Toilet (Too soon to tell maybe)
> Concurrent Player Max was ~16 000 on release night.. (Tales of Arisen is like 40 000+ consistently a week after)

This is what a AAA mainline title from Arkane produces huh?
(Their entire Lyon studio was working on this.. this wasn't a quick buck turnover until Vampire game drops or anything)

Pack it in Deathloop Bro's ..

AMFTfym.png

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Exploiters gotta exploit. I remember RE4 as a consistently challenging and deeply enjoyable game.

Anyone who looks up ways to break the system only has themselves to blame if the game ends up broken. In a single-player title, this behavior is known as "pathetic".

Fascinating opinion. Let's get a second opinion from ... let's say Zombra, from a couple of pages ago. What do you think about what Zombra wrote, Zombra?

You seem to want quicksave as a security blanket, because "all the old games" had it (lol no), not because you've actually considered the impact on gameplay.

I see, excellent counterargument. You are both autistic retards, Zombra and Zombra from a few pages ago.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Exploiters gotta exploit. I remember RE4 as a consistently challenging and deeply enjoyable game.

Anyone who looks up ways to break the system only has themselves to blame if the game ends up broken. In a single-player title, this behavior is known as "pathetic".

Fascinating opinion. Let's get a second opinion from ... let's say Zombra, from a couple of pages ago. What do you think about what Zombra wrote, Zombra?

You seem to want quicksave as a security blanket, because "all the old games" had it (lol no), not because you've actually considered the impact on gameplay.

I see, excellent counterargument. You are both autistic retards, Zombra and Zombra from a few pages ago.

Zombra has half the forum on ignore but he's somehow managed to dodge my safe space tag..

TL;DR - He's fine to dish out retarded bullshit but won't take it back, disregard with prejudice.

Riskbreaker

Dexter
Dishonored 2 was pretty much an incremental improvement over the first. I legit cannot conceive how you can call the first one a great game and yet think its sequel some tragic turning point for Arkane quality-wise.

Zeriel

Arcane
Hopefully this Score / Player Count improves.. a lot.. otherwise...
Are you a Games Journalist by any chance? https://archive.is/ZPXDR
DLoop.jpg

Also of course they're going to give it 10/10 and whatever, it has the Black Panther Bonus. If these shitty sites go under Infinitron will be the most affected here, because he can't keep spamming reviews from shitty Woke "Gaming Journalist" sites like EuroGamer and Polygon only he and maybe 2-3 other people care about.

Funniest thing is they WERE on their way to rockstardom. Then they had a fatal case of getting too big for their britches and well the rest is history. I can't have any pity for people who got exactly what they wanted.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What happened with Arkane is that Dishonored 1 sold relatively well for a new IP. Bethesda thought they had a new hit franchise on their hands and invested much more in the sequel but instead of selling more it sold less. It's like what happened to Deadfire.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
What happened with Arkane is that Dishonored 1 sold relatively well for a new IP. Bethesda thought they had a new hit franchise on their hands and invested much more in the sequel but instead of selling more it sold less. It's like what happened to Deadfire.

And yet, this guy who worked on Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood and the Prey DLCs is heading the design of this game.

Perhaps the problem is Bethesda management, for allowing people to fail upwards. This asshole started his carrier as a QA tester and failed all the way up to being a lead designer on this turd.

In other words, the problem seems to be management.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I said it before, Arkane is on its way out. If this is a flop they're done. Redfall won't even have a trace of the imsim design their games are known to incorporate. They'll just be reduced to online fps shooters or other crap like that or QA testers. Sad. We'll be left with Otherside Entertainment and maybe Wolfeye Studios assuming Weird West is actually good and successful commercially.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom