Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Siel, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Immortal Arcane

Immortal

And from an ~*~immersive simulation~*~ point of view.. do things radically change between times of day.
    Are there events that happen at X time in the sense that if you do one area later or earlier you "miss your chance" so you need to juggle these things in your approach?

Or?

^ Top  
  2. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    Yes, but a part of the game is also figuring out the “correct” order so that you can take out all 8 targets in one single loop. I would have preferred the retain Mooncrash’s timer mechanic since it added a sense of urgency (false though it was), but that was clearly never going to happen after a million steamtards cried about it.

^ Top  
  3. Terenty Arbiter

Terenty
    Do you actually need to figure anything out yourself as a puzzle or is everything really spelled out for you?

I watched a review and he said when you collect enough info to make the final loop, the game basically tells you exactly how to proceed and what to do in which order to kill all 8 visionaries

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Immortal Arcane

Immortal

Eh.. does that mean there's only one valid solution and until then your just fapping around collecting mcguffin clues?
    Do they even react to you on subsequent loops or grow more panicked as your loop gets closer and closer to it's end goal?

I doubt it. Otherwise why would their schedules remain the same.

^ Top  
  5. Terenty Arbiter

Terenty
    Yes, there's only one way to kill them, but at least i though it was on you to come up with it based on the clues. Seems even that is given to you on a silver platter

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    Well you didn't think Journalists gave it 10/10 because it required *thinking* do you..? :lol:

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    I’m pretty sure that’s not true, but I’m not far enough in to state that definitively.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Silverfish Learned

Silverfish
    You know what you have to do.

[​IMG]

Damn. That sucks that the black dude from Deathloop isn't as creative as the white guy from Dishonored.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Trithne Augur

Trithne
    Not really much of a spoiler, but putting it in one anyway, for Wenjie:
    Show Spoiler
    When you kill Wenjie for the first time (which is the last part of the game's incredibly long tutorial/onboarding), there's a note commenting that only Colt and Julianna seem to have this ability to remember information across loops.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    And I’m switching off the invasions. They’re amazingly unfun currently. Every Juliana just uses the same load out of blink+machete to one-shot backstab you, and you’re actively encouraged to just sit in a corner for five minutes until you spot the invader because otherwise you will almost certainly lose all your progress when they backstab you from out of nowhere.

• Funny x 3
    • cuck x 3
    • decline x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Silverfish Learned

Silverfish
    Don't do something crazy like befuddle them with stealth.

^ Top  
  12. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    So, the only real chance of losing is to an invading player or losing the 4 time slots, at least clue hunting to get the targets on the four slots is fun?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    I've heard that since the Netcode is so bad and Colt is always the server host (It's all P2P) that unless you use the machette, all you see is a rubber banding Colt blinking around with all your bullets not registering as hits. Since Machette locks into a guaranteed Kill animation - it's the only reliable way to invade.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    It's not really hard to fight off invaders, it's just not particularly fun. It is fairly easy to stealth around them, especially once you have a few magic powers, but this game is even less suited to hardcore stealth play than the Dishonoreds; it's not a fun way to play the game. Regardless though, it's impossible to get a "game over" screen. The worst thing that can happen is you die near the end of a mission and lose some good weapons/powers/money.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    "one of the main draws of the game that was repeatedly advertised is completely unplayable, but the game is still good guys!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    I remember reading somewhere that NPC's will slightly adjust to your tactics if you constantly use the same approach - which I thought debunked this.. ??
    I don't remember where I read that though.. so maybe it's complete bullshit.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    Don’t be an idiot Rusty, it’s beneath you. I’ve both never said that that feature was a draw for me, nor have I said the game is good. I’ve been pretty explicit about it being Arkane’s worst game.

^ Top  
  18. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Show Spoiler
    it's shit

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    I’m not sure what your horse is in this race Rusty. Are you just doing your general smug butthurt harvesting thing? Because I don’t think anyone’s butthurt about Deathloop except for Arkane.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Thank you for revealing his hypocrisy!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    'ate video game developers
    not raciss, just dont like em
    Are you going to pretend it's not one of the major features it was marketed on?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    lol. I wanted to see without spoilers if there are indeed multiple ways to break the loop or only one, so I did an innocent search for
    "deathloop are there multiple endings"

First result:

Highlighting mine. Are you shitting me, a 3 button ending in the last room?

------------

Pretend? No. I'm just going to say it out loud, because it's true. The invasions are a side dish, not a central pillar. You can even turn them off for chrissake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :smug:
    ?
    It was a major feature that was part of the marketing campaign, and it seems to be very disliked from what I've read.

[​IMG]
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252330/DEATHLOOP/
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/deathloop-makes-its-console-debut-on-ps5-this-holiday/

Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy in the least in an Arkane-style game. They should have figured out a way to make it cooperative rather than competitive.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    rusty_shackleford about to make Zombra's 255th spot on the ignore list. :lol:

Come on in - water's great.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Zombra and I are friends afaik, we disagree all the time.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.