Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Thx Lizzurd, I knew I could count on you for advices on... you know... Lizzurds! I ask because in one of my test game I'm sandwiched between Utgard and Gath, the former has cold 3 Dominion, he can't even scratch my defenses but conquering his lands his a huge PITA and I need some falchioneers + tomb guards vs giants, chariots are LOL vs them and wyrms could be neat if I was running a huge bless, but I'm not in this particular game.
I suppose a fat-ass reinvig bonus on my Sauromancers is the way to go.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Has Hoverdog said anything about subbing? He has sent at least three turns for this, even if slow as heck.

Well, that's just it: he hasn't said anything period, as far as I know. He was pinged several times in this thread at least, and elsewhere as well from what I can see. He did get his last turn in here, but only after an extension he didn't ask for. Again, no hard feelings or anything, it's just a game... but I feel like he could've said something.

hoverdog , at least pop in and say "I got this" or something, and we'll stop looking. Just don't leave us hanging.

In the meantime, we're still looking for a sub. Sorry if I'm being a jerk, but I'm sticking to it.

An AI gives simply a huge boost to a random player that's fast enough to siege the cap.

Also, AI is pretty good. Don't know why do you hate him so much.

It would seem that in this game, as with so many things in life, nobody agrees on anything. :) I would personally like to avoid going AI with anyone if possible, but would rather do that than restart.

As far as looking on other forums or whatever, sure. I tried to make an account on Desura a while ago, but I'm not getting my confirmation email, even after several tries. There's also this place, I can make a post there tonight if nobody shows up here.

Dayyālu

Arcane
As far as looking on other forums or whatever, sure. I tried to make an account on Desura a while ago, but I'm not getting my confirmation email, even after several tries. There's also this place, I can make a post there tonight if nobody shows up here.

Desura is dying. The company is kaputt and the server is alive due to mysterious things. I still have an account there, I'll make a thread :salute:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
How hard can it be, to find some OCD-soaked psycho with a god complex to fill the seat of a strange, vaguely appropriate divine figure?

... I mean, I'm really asking. How has it gone in the past? Are subs for games easy to come by? Some years ago, when I played Dom3 and we arranged games in that other board noisenerd posted... it was quite easy to find someone.
ANYWAYS, I share my esteemed colleague's opinion on going AI. Let's try to avoid it.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
We could post on steam :troll:

Edit: I didn't knew about Desura, that's sad.... Lots of useful info on the forums, I suppose I should at least save some of it. Someone interested in some PDF? Like the magic booster guide or the site-searching guide?

Last edited:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Lots of useful info on the forums, I suppose I should at least save some of it. Someone interested in some PDF? Like the magic booster guide or the site-searching guide?

I'd be interested in whatever you feel like grabbing & sharing.

I can do it.

Welcome aboard, I'll be in touch.

Dreaad , looks like we got the sub covered, thanks again for the extra effort! :cool:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just a couple guides I find myself frequently referencing to. I'll edit the PDF tomorrow after work (I hope) and upload them somewhere, or just send me a mail address via PM and I'll mail them to you.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
We could post on steam :troll:

Edit: I didn't knew about Desura, that's sad.... Lots of useful info on the forums, I suppose I should at least save some of it. Someone interested in some PDF? Like the magic booster guide or the site-searching guide?

If you're going to make pdfs of the good stuff, then yeah.
Magic Path Booster, Magic Site Searching, Blood Magic Primer

etc.

The good and fun nation guides like these:
MA Pangaea
EA Machaka

We could sticky it here even. Though, I'm really wondering when/if the forums will go down, because there are a lot of talented people still doing mods and maps that pretty much only post on Desura. That would be a real shame. Sometimes other forums are a bit too hardcore/insular with their own members. I liked the mix on Desura.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Forgot about the blood magic primer, thx bro! I'll do the nation guides too if I've got time, it depends on the format of the page and if I can snip/cut it in Gimp efficently enough to make a readable, compact document (also got a call of cthulhu pnp session and a bunch of maps to finish in roll20 for tomorrow evening).
Since we're discussing this, any preference for the upload?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Forgot about the blood magic primer, thx bro! I'll do the nation guides too if I've got time, it depends on the format of the page and if I can snip/cut it in Gimp efficently enough to make a readable, compact document (also got a call of cthulhu pnp session and a bunch of maps to finish in roll20 for tomorrow evening).
Since we're discussing this, any preference for the upload?

Google docs seems to work out pretty well, but if you have a preferred method go for it. Can make a thread and link to whatever you want to spend the time on. It would be a help for sure, and a mostly thankless task. You'd probably get some brofists though.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Never tried google docs, I suppose there's a first time for everything. I'll chime in tomorrow and let you know. And don't worry, I'm doing this for myself mainly... Uploading is not a problem.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
tzxijdjlzp.jpg

*FANFARE*

Let it be known throughout Valanis that Harpsichord is now leading the proud nation of Arcoscephale!

Uploading is not a problem.

:salute: I can't even offer a brofist, but I do thank you.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I can't for the sake of God understand how to upload .pdf to google Docs, and googling about it (what a conundrum) turns up lots of comments along the line of "just upload to google drive"...

So, here you go: quick and dirty, nothing fancy. I just removed some useless shit and moved some info around to reduce number of pages.

Blood magic, a primer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53ZZ_Va-czRenVjMElZbXBwbXM/view?usp=sharing

Magic-path booster guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53ZZ_Va-czRUHUyLUJndVdlSFk/view?usp=sharing

Site search handbook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53ZZ_Va-czRNjcxRFR4Q2Jiekk/view?usp=sharing

Do tell me if you notice some glaring mistake and I will correct it.

Edit: As for the nations guides, I'll see what I can do as soon as I have some spare non-gaming time

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
I postponed the timer by 12 hours. Please, do your turns! I already have great plans what to write the next turn (despite that i missed report for this).
hello friend
sqeecoo

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Thanks for the catch, Lizzurd. I think we still had a few hours left, but better safe than sorry.

Matalarata , thanks for posting those! I found this from a dude called Maerlande over on the Dom4 Mods forum:

I am happy to provide support for people who want to come here in case of a problem with Desura. And I can offer support for backing up important discussions, guides and other writing from Desura.

Sounds like you could be off the hook for the other stuff. Or maybe you want to combine efforts with him?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorry for not submitting yet guys, I was sure finding the sub would take longer! Good job noisenerd. Harpsichord, welcome!

I'll do the turn in a bit, as soon as I can :)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
noisenerd, Maerlande is a well known member of the Dominion community (incidentally, do have a look at his youtube let's play, the guy is a very good player imho), I don't think my help is needed and I sincerely lack the time to do this with dedication.
Nation guides for example are a PITA to do, since Apparently desura forums formatting has some issue being saved as .pdf, the first 3 or so pixel from each page are off, I had to cut them from each previous page and allign them manually for the blood primer. This unfortunately turns a simple 45 second operation in gimp into an half an hour long work...

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Matalarata , no worries, I totally understand the lack of time. I just figured I'd point it out, in case you were gonna try to do it all yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom