Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lizzurd

Cipher
CAST:
yxfpymgsht.png
fegbwmoxju.png
snwyrnnbyv.png

Rome, the capital of Sceleria, was seriously transformed after the last 6 months. Its white towers turned to blacked, useless fortifications were redecorated and now are glowing evilish blue. This day was a bit special - after the long work Lizzurd finally opened the portal to Shaded Lands!
Lizzurd and Lucius are standing at the steps to portal. Several ghosts has gathered around. The portal itself glows with dark light and softly wails.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Dauda morte almawt! Opinn aperto fath! Hlidid porta Bawaba!

The strong scream pierces the space. The glow of portal starts to seethe and blaze.

vpdtbwfifl.png
My dead cousins! This day will enter the history. I open the gates to Shaded Lands, the dark home to dead. From now the long dead ghosts will be able to enter this world again.
In the usual circumstances the soul leaves the body at the moment of death. However the Bless and the Curse of Lemuria binds the soul to this world and it is no longer able to escape from this plane. The Celestial and Demonic gates are forever closed to us. For a long time we were doomed to roam the Shaded Lands, but with the construction of this gates and the Enchanment of Lemuria we achieved our ancient goal - we achieved the immortality!
Our bodies may be killed, our ghost forms may be dissipated, but our souls will live forever. No living being is able to surpass our power!

patrdpbojq.png

The shadow figure appears before the portal. Slowly its features begin to shape in the reality.

ultfmiszgt.png
Et in Arcadia ego! Be cursed the daylight! For a long time I was living under your dominion, for a long time I was hating you. But now I returned and I see your again. Your rays are blazing my mind. How disingenuous are you!...

dunjtssjnl.png
Lizzurd, I am afraid this ghost is mad.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Dear Lucius, this is not a simple ghost. He was a grand traumaturg of Sceleria. When a monarch changed he was tortured, burned in fire and then left to die at the Ctissian deserts. Slowly he was burned by sun to death.

ultfmiszgt.png
...I have mastered the art of death. I have recreated the cursed flames and soon I will spoil your heart! You rays will no longer hurt the world and your light will get drown in darkness!

dunjtssjnl.png
Then I am afraid our immortality is not perfect. This is NOT the life I want to live.

vpdtbwfifl.png
I am afraid there is no perfect immortality. Even with immortal body you mind will slowly wither.

For a long hour Mortis was continuing his speech. His help is the most required but how much will it cost?...

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Alfred's first battle as Prophet...
xevojhqiln.jpg
Things are not looking good for the soldiers of Man. Alfred watches in horror as the enemy horsemen charge his infantry line. He screams the order for the archers to fire again, hoping to even the odds for his doomed men. He feels a rage mounting inside him, an energy he's never felt before...

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Stand fast! Hold the line!" Not knowing what else to do, he yells encouragement, only half aware of his own words. "For Man! For Morag!"

The enemy horsemen are cutting his men to shreds. Several horsemen have broken through the line. The rage builds, becomes something else, something he can almost touch, no, grab hold of.

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"NO!" A power wells up within Alfred, the burning rage becoming a holy weapon. A beam of light strikes an enemy horseman like a lance from the sky. His spearmen are fleeing, but his archers are holding. He reaches for that power again, hoping to save what's left of his men. Another bolt flashes. The enemy has closed on the archers now, and again he reaches...

After several enemy horsemen fall to the bolts from seemingly out of nowhere, the enemy begins to lose their determination and flee. Alfred is fully caught up in holy rage however, and continues to call down the wrath of Morag.

amytcgdted.jpg

Finally, there are no more enemies in sight, and the rage subsides. Alfred surveys the battlefield, a grim scene of blood and death. Nearby, he sees the bodies of several of his spearmen. They had rallied in the last moments of the battle, in a final effort to protect him from the oncoming horsemen. As his head begins to clear, he notices the sound of men shouting, and looks up to see where it's coming from, thinking the worst. Almost immediately however, he realizes that it's the sound of his remaining men cheering.

eryyqsoejy.jpg
"Alfred! Alfred the Prophet!"

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
Don't they realize that I've let them down? Some prophet. We won this battle, but at what cost? Still, I can't deny... whatever that was. Had it not been for that, none of us might be standing here...

sqeecoo

Arcane
There you go Lizzurd. Also, one of my Jags seems to have lost his head.

2015_10_29_00003.jpg

2015_10_29_00004.jpg

Thankfully he's still wearing his cap.

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
CAST:
fegbwmoxju.png
dtyacrckhi.png

(Today is only mini-edition)

xopipzjkow.jpg

THE PROPHET OF LEMURIA DREAAD IS BACKSTABBED BY HIS SQUIRE MARCUS!

ggwmbmvpts.png
Dear Lizzurd.
I hope that you perform well since i have to bring you a sad truth.
Your reign, your power, your kingdom is build on the death and lies. While you wish to achieve immortality you have accidentally killed thousands of other people. Is this what you seek? The future you want to get will stand on the bones, how can you count on greatness and happiness if you have killed so many souls already?
I refuse your order. From now i will survive on my own. A group of your soldiers agreed to join me. Let you be known that we form a new kingdom - a kingdom where everyone will reckon with each other and where will be no mad kings with bloodthirsty priests.
Marcus, the king of Elysium.

dunjtssjnl.png
Stupid centurion! I should have executed him! Now we have lost our two best warriors and a half of kingdom!

Lizzurd

Cipher
You should have seen the pics we posted in Decline 3 after 30 turns of Burden of Time. It was glorious!
I will make sure that in a few months everyone will post pictures from Decline 10. I guarantee that Decline3 will be no match to this new pictures!

Dayyālu

Arcane
I will make sure that in a few months everyone will post pictures from Decline 10. I guarantee that Decline3 will be no match to this new pictures!

Why the heck you spawned that far away, you treacherous cyrillic Reptilian

Why :argh:

I can only pray that your neighbours see the horror and fight well. Thanks to slow research we have some time, but not as much as I would like

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
The capital city of Man...
jjtngmcxxf.jpg
Rolf Magnus and his men arrive just after sunrise. He has come to meet with the military leaders of Man, as he has been hired to join their army in a holy war of some description. He cares little for their "Crusade", but their gold is as good as anyone's. His men weren't happy about the early march, but Rolf knew they'd be happier once they'd been paid their share of the advance and gotten a decent meal and some drink in their bellies.

sfaawtuwnl.jpg
"Come, lads! We can't keep the fine gentlemen of the Great Nation of Man waiting." Rolf's men chortled at the mocking tone. Truth be told, he had a healthy respect for the Castellans of Man and their army, and knew his men did too. However, Rolf and his men also knew that noblemen such as they were about to deal with looked down on working men such as themselves. Still, the nobles were the ones calling on him and his men for help. "And do try to behave yourselves boys, you know how these civilised folk can be."

At the gates to the city, they are met by Castellan Lord Morgan.

jxydejxwti.jpg
"You must be Rolf Magnus."

sfaawtuwnl.jpg
"I suppose I must. And you would be Lord Morgan? I was told you would be waiting for us."

jxydejxwti.jpg
"Indeed." The Castellan gestures, and another man comes forward bearing a fair-sized purse. "Here is the advance payment we agreed upon. Come, I have already made arrangements for you at a fine inn near the castle. I hate to rush you along, but we really do have little time to waste. You and your men get settled in, and I will come back around midday. We have much to discuss. Once I've informed you of the basic situation, we will go meet with the Council."

sfaawtuwnl.jpg
"Very well, m'Lord, lead the way." Rolf hoped he had kept the mocking tone out of that "m'Lord" well enough. This Lord Morgan seemed like a man of business, which Rolf could respect. He had been hoping they would have more leisure time in the city, but should luck stay with him, there would be time for that when this job was done and their purses were full of gold.

Meanwhile, at the Towers of Chelms:
eotxkadrkz.jpg
Magister Arcane Aethelred returns from some business in the city. He hates making the trip. The city grates on his nerves, and he always returns feeling more tired than is called for by just the physical exertion. Still, it is better than having those dolts from the Military Council blundering around the Towers, touching things and asking stupid questions. He pushes open the door to the library...

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Magister Cederic!" He'd forgotten his old friend had planned to return to the Towers today.

oqleicubwa.jpg
"Aethelred! Good to see you."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"And you, old friend. Nice of the powers that be to finally send some help my way."

oqleicubwa.jpg
"Well, someone had to keep them out of trouble while we put our plans in motion. I expect we'll have more company before long, now that the wheels are turning we can get some real work done around here."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"I do hope you're right. Any news from Edward?"

oqleicubwa.jpg
"Oh, yes, I nearly forgot. He says he'll be catching up with Lord Alfred in a month's time. He expects to be moving north again before winter. I sent a message back asking him to stop and have a talk with Alfred before he moves on."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"More good news, excellent... and that is probably a wise idea." Aethelred moves towards the fireplace. "Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt for us to catch up a little before we get to work, eh? I'll fetch us some tea."

--- End scene ---

30 turns of Burden of Time

:retarded:

Sounds like a threat... but it also sounds like fun.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
bpgziiisgu.jpg

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Look at these landlubbers praisin' us like heroes.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Our crew vastly expanded Marignon's borders. The Kingdom will receive more taxes, traders gonna get richer, simpletons will find more occupations in new lands.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Who cares? We did it for the booty.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Hey, did you hear the rumors about re-emerging of Ermor? They say that now it's ruled by ghosts. Some even mention that the new King is actually a Queen.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Naah, can't be true. Marignon annihilated Ermor completely back in the day.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Must be Sceleria then. I heard it's called Lemuria now.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Let the Inqusition handle the undead. I jes wanna set sails again. Hey, look - it's the cap'n!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Ahoy, cap'n! You have returned from the meeting.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Today is a historical day, me hearties. The rapscallions from the Inqusition tasked us with something both dangerous and profitable.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Just how I like it.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Good, good. Pepare the Adrian.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Shiver me timbers. Can't believe we are going to the sea again.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
What's our destination, cap'n?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
The other side of the sea.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
What's on the other side?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
The Inquisition doesn't know. They want us to bring the true faith to whatever heathens are iving there.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
If this converting process involves pillage and plunder, count me in.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Enough blabbering. Batten down the hatches, old salts! The Adrian sets sails again - no coast is safe! Time to make the world fear and tremble before the great captain Cervantes!

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Thanks for the heads-up. It was fun while it lasted. :)

Btw, I'm not going anywhere, even if the nation of Man should fall. I'm not sure how such things are usually handled, but I don't mind sticking around as game admin if I get knocked out. I'll wanna see how it ends anyway.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
pgsutjuqgl.jpg

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Curses! That storm is NOT what we need right now!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
That ship had seen worse, young lass.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
I'm not worried about the ship, you dimwit. Look at the Kingdom's soldiers - their faces are as green as Harvey's teeth.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
They were trained to endure all kinds of hardships... I hope.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
What about the lizard slaves then?

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Bah, never trust a lizard. They will retreat before the battle even begins.

*A shout from the crow's nest, "LAND AHEAD! LAAAAAAAND! THE BANNER OF ARCOSCEPHALE! AAARRRCOOOOS!*

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Cap'n! CAPTAIN! What's our orders?

qbnuldjqkp.jpg

miqwxxuyug.jpg
KILL EVERY LIVING BEING YOU SEE! PURSUE THOSE WHO TRIES TO ESCAPE! SPARE NO ONE! NO MERCY!!!

bjrzttpkie.jpg
AYE AYE, CAP'N!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
AYE!

And thus began the battle of Belegor. The Adian's crew along with Marignon elite warriors and recently enslaved lizards charged ahead, attacking those who was standing on the way.

ggfqfkffgq.jpg

Lizards retreated almost instantly, of course. For such is the cowardly nature of these creatures. But the rest of brave men fought 'til the end.

gmvaocfgvf.jpg

And then it was all over. The golden armours of soldiers were soaked in blood of Belegor's defenders. Cervantes didn't take a single prisoner. The province belongs to Marignon now.

mojwsilpao.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom