Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Herpetophobia

Is it the fear of herpes? *googles* Oh, yes. Fear of lizards, eh?

This condition causes a slight to severe emotional reaction, as for example anxiety, panic attack or most commonly nausea.

Seems like I have this condition already, because every time I see Lizzurd's posts, I feel nauseated.

:troll:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Cast:
yxfpymgsht.png
ujcuzvjpev.png
hsjycuotfm.png
abaqkryfxs.png
fegbwmoxju.png
dnafkoyetp.png

fatlvbglnw.png

The desert in the remote part of Lemuria. It was dead even before the Blessing and the Curse of Lemuria came, and now it is no different. A hooded shadow figure is standing before Lizzurd, the reborn king.

vpdtbwfifl.png
So, what has happened for the last 3 months? I have heard many news and I cannot believe that most of them even a bit true.

oqlhktwfyw.png
They are mostly true... Situation is a very bad indeed. Since you left the capital the authority was captured by Mortis and his minion Dak'kon. Lucius has left the castle with a small army and now is fighting on the south. Furthermore some unknown Vlad who titles himself as "the Impaler" has appeared at the capital. His origin unknown, but he seems to be immortal ghost too. But this is not all. A foreign living mage with name Abdul Alhazred has come and pledge to your service.

vpdtbwfifl.png
I cannot believe! Should I leave the capital and right the next day everyone are rebellious and the whole country lies in war! But you haven't mentioned the traitorous knight Marcus, the one who killed Dreaad. How is he?

oqlhktwfyw.png
He is long dead now. Lucius defeated his troops and executed Marcus.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Fine. Then I have to return to capital, and I also want to change your objectives. I wish you to stop spying inside our borders. I am curious to get information about the nation of name... <mumbles>

pvqstdurdy.png

The capital of Lemuria, Rome. After the events of last 8 months the halls became darkened, no one was refiring the torches. Fortifications were not maintained and were slowly crumbling. The Grand Thaumaturg Mortis and his adept Dak'kon are speaking in the darkened ceremony hall.

ultfmiszgt.png
Dak'kon. The cursed sun is returning to capital. It will burn us in light.

rmbdjzgwbl.png
Why would you think so? All signs are silent. Birds are silently dead.

ultfmiszgt.png
Birds are burned. Animals are burned. The sun fires the world! The flames are coming.

rmbdjzgwbl.png
The animal spirits are roaming around. I can see their signs. They are everywhere. They are faded. The animals want to hunt, they pray for prey.

ultfmiszgt.png
The curse is surrounding us. It seethes from everywhere. It burns me from inside!

rmbdjzgwbl.png
The chains are broken, the fog has dissipated. The wings have opened out. The moon is crying with pearl tears.

xhrvonspvt.png

Warcamp close to Rome walls. Vlad the Impaler is standing at the stage, the large amount of warriors have gathered around. Although Vlad is undead, some of the gathered flock are still living.

vrpgfyhyna.png
Faded creatures. They pray for life but they hate it. With their souls they will never reach the highest sense of existence. With rotted bodies they possess rotted souls, which are neither dark or light - they are faded. They have no desires and they will never achieve anything.
They are simply unable to rule the country, be it filled with living or undead. Their degenerated nature unable to rule even in a rabbit hole. I will become the true king and I establish the true order, suitable for all species and all forms of live!

tcbafdjcks.png

The camp in the remote mountains. Lucius has came there to defeat traitorous knight Marcus, and now was searching for the ancient sites of lore. However very soon he received the letter from his old friend and now they have met in a tent.

dunjtssjnl.png
Dear friend! I haven't seen you for ages. How is your journey? It has lasted for the whole 3 years, right?

igbivcjlwe.png
I am glad to see you again too! I am great, but it is hard to say about you. I hope that your undead form hasn't touched your soul.

dunjtssjnl.png
Don't be afraid of this, I am still able to keep my mind pure. Many other undead lords in our court are mad, but I have restrained myself with great self-discipline and this allows to keep my intellect sharp. But tell me about your journey first.
igbivcjlwe.png
You will not believe, but the Pantokrator is truly gone. I have traveled through the whole world, I have seen Marignon recruiting the great corsair Cervantes, I have seen Man lords preparing to war, I have seen atlantians rising from seas, I have seen centaurs emerging from forests and jaguar warriors figting in blind rage. The war is coming. Pretenders for his throne are rising everywhere, and soon the Ascension Wars will come.

dunjtssjnl.png
Luckily our lands are free from the curse of Ascension Wars. I don't know anyone in our region trying to achieve godhood... Oh no!

igbivcjlwe.png
You see.

dunjtssjnl.png
Lizzurd! He is pretender for godhood too! I should have predicted this. So, any month we can awake surrounded by the hordes by another mad archmage or titan or dragon who will come to claim our capital as his!

igbivcjlwe.png
And this is the reason why I came. I have a plan what to do. But at first I want to listen to your story...

hello friend

Arcane
LTWvnSd.png

Wise and enlightened leader! Hearken to my words. Our quest for new foods has turned up surprising results! Among the locals here, there is a dish. They make it from the flesh of something akin to a seal, yet it swims the air as a seal swims the water. Coated in some heathen mixture and fried in it's own blubber, it sends the spirit soaring and engages the senses.

AGpa0zs.png

I have heard of this creature. It is said of this indomitable creature that even if you chop it's head off, it will refuse to accept it's demise and squawk defiance against mortality itself, running one last victory lap even as the life blood gushes from it's severed neck.

We will make this creature our national seal and mascot, and this will be the emblem on our shields. This will serve the dual purpose of reminding us of our own warrior spirit - never surrender, unto the end - and shoving a cock in the face of every foe.
ApSsrnc.png

We are chickens. We are proud.

KaIkFYT.png

A sage decision, enlightened brother. Let us fly the banner of the chicken over every tavern, every keep! The cock wil rise unbent and unyielding over the empires of the world, and the flow of culture and civilisation will quicken!

Want a piece?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
The chambers of Lord Austein are a nest of activity. Aides come and go, bringing news from the expansion parties and the frontier, pushing ever outwards and carrying orders for those same brave men and women of Ulm, who have taken upon themselves to elevate their dying nation to the glorious station it once knew. The newly reformed “Noble Council” has levied masses of troops and stormed the area surrounding the capital. The initial successes have swayed public opinion in their favour… but something is amiss.

2it0tcn.jpg
Where in blazes is that boy? I need to know what happened to Rothari's expedition!

25u00fk.jpg
Calm down, uncle! Here he comes now…

24644rc.jpg
Lord Austein! I bring you news from..

2it0tcn.jpg
I know, I know! Out with it! Have you received word of Rothari?

24644rc.jpg
*doubtful* Yes, we have. Via pigeon, actually, but dated three weeks ago. They seem to be… lost, somewhere on the western mountains.

2it0tcn.jpg
WHAT?! How could they…? Lost??

24644rc.jpg
*apologetic* After their last victory they stopped for some days to rest at a village between the high peaks. The village elder told Rothari a legend about an old, abandoned Caelum temple high in the mountains, where supposedly some of the fabled Ice Steel weapons still resided-

2it0tcn.jpg
What a bunch of IDIOTS. And they fell for it!

25u00fk.jpg
I know Rothari, uncle. He'd never put his men in danger for a mere tale…

2it0tcn.jpg
Oh, but that's exactly what he has done, now. So, what happened?

24644rc.jpg
They went in search of the temple. And that's the last we know. Whether they found it or not…

2it0tcn.jpg
We don't have enough men. We can't lose them all. It's a luxury we cannot allow ourselves… *mumbling*

25u00fk.jpg
*to the knight* That will be all. Dismissed.

24644rc.jpg
As you command, lady Magda. But we've received word from abroad: the pirate raids have been hitting closer to our shores now. And there's been rumours… rumours of a god rising. An evil god, commanding hordes of undead.

25u00fk.jpg
*smiling* We should not pay heed to idle banter. Ermor fell centuries ago. Since then, every few years we hear the same story about an “undead monarch” risen to quench the life out of the world. It's never true. This is not different. As for the pirates, well… we'll see if and when they get here.

24644rc.jpg
...Right you are, ma'am. Forgive me. *salutes and leaves*

25u00fk.jpg
They don't know about the lizards yet.

2it0tcn.jpg
We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I need you to go fetch those idiots. The Rothari expedition.

25u00fk.jpg
*astounded*What? But that's…

2it0tcn.jpg
I know! I know it's far. But I don't have a better commander here. Not someone I can trust. Your husband's gone still and we NEED those troops. They are our best men. If we waste any more time, we'll lose ground to the other nations. You and I both know that history is speeding up again. This a new era of conflict; we cannot let Ulm fall behind.

25u00fk.jpg
I understand… but…

2it0tcn.jpg
You're worried about your daughter. *conciliatory* leave her here. She won't be better treated anywhere else. She can play with my grandchildren and her tutors can come here… come on, it'll only be a couple of weeks.

25u00fk.jpg
*stern* I don't like this.

2it0tcn.jpg
We all have to make sacrifices with our current situation. Go now, and don't dawdle. I'll make the necessary arrangements. I'll be receiving an embassy from Man in an hour.

25u00fk.jpg
Understood. But if something were to happen to her…

2it0tcn.jpg
NOTHING'S going to happen, Magda! Now get going!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well, the cavalry is pretty good(how to use MM3 well on this map, hmmm), but.....it's cavalry.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, the cavalry is pretty good(how to use MM3 well on this map, hmmm), but.....it's cavalry.

Yes, they have one good cavalry unit IIRC but its super expensive and hard to expand with - because its super expensive and hard to mass. People just tend to go with an awake expander since you dont need a bless anyway.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorreh guys, I was out of it for a bit! Gonna do it this afternoon in time for the normal deadline, but thanks for the extension anyway Lizzurd!

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
The war camp of Lord Morgan and Rolf Magnus...
nideqpsvxy.jpeg

jxydejxwti.jpg
"I must tell you, Sir Magnus, I'm glad you decided to stay on. You and your men have fought well!"

sfaawtuwnl.jpg
"Thank you, Lord Morgan. I must admit that you city dandies have made a good showing yourselves." A grin spreads across the mercenary's face. "And you know we're only here for your gold, no need for that 'Sir' nonsense." The two leaders have gotten over their initial apprehension of each other, and have actually become rather friendly. Battle often has a way of bringing men together.

jxydejxwti.jpg
The Castellan chuckles. "Oh yes, I haven't forgotten. Still, you have earned respect, and you shall have it... lowlife sellsword or not." His face suddenly sobers as he thinks of his fallen men. "You lot really pulled us out of the fire back there."

sfaawtuwnl.jpg
Rolf shuffles his feet, and bows his head, knowing well where Lord Morgan's thoughts have turned. "Yes well, that's what we're paid for. Come, let us find a fire and drink to your brave comrades!"

Meanwhile...
kxrdxnkynp.jpg
At Lord Alfred's camp, word has just come in that reinforcements are on the way. Preparations are under way for the troops to get back on the march.

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Are we ready to move?"

mjtrogofjb.jpg
"Yes, sir! The news seems to have lifted the men's spirits as wel, m'lord."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Good, good. Are the new recruits fitting in well?"

mjtrogofjb.jpg
"Yes, sir. I think they wil do just fine."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Glad to hear it. As soon as everyone is ready, let's get going. It's not a long march to the rendezvous point, but we don't have much time to waste either."

mjtrogofjb.jpg
"Yes, m'lord. I'll go make sure everyone's ready."

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
gscacmgjss.png

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Your Holiness, Grand Inquisitor de Prado, I have to inform you that captain Cervantes de Leon hasn't been sending reports for two months now.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Of course. I have forbidden all contacts between Cervantes and you, Mendoza.

Grand Inquisitor was a man of great cruelty, voracious ambitions, and remarkable strategic talent. His face reflected long history of torturing the innocent and communicating with demons.

pgesltpivu.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
But... why?

nypaevygkx.jpg
If you had a chance, you would try to discuss peaceful coexistence with Arcoscephale.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I would! Marignon doesn't need a war right now! We must focus on developing strong economy and trading, restoring our military might to the...

nypaevygkx.jpg
I didn't ask for your opinion, Mendoza. I know better what my nation needs.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
... Please forgive me.

nypaevygkx.jpg
I grant you forgiveness this time. The Adrian has conquered two provinces previously owned by Arcoscephale. The latest report of the crew states that our enemy is gathering an army in the capital city. The whole nation struggles to fend off a single pirate ship. Amusing, isn't it?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Have mercy on my ignorance, Your Holiness, but why do you call them our enemies?

nypaevygkx.jpg
Not so long ago, the Inquisition obtained information about a certain conspiracy. Arcoscephale, along with several other nations, pretended they can plot against us and remain undiscovered. Af all people, Mendoza, you should know that nothing can be hidden from the Inquisition.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Wait... So when you ordered me to send the Adrian on the other side of the sea to "explore"...

nypaevygkx.jpg
Yes, I knew perfectly well who owned the coasts over there. Don't bother captain Cervantes with your messengers anymore. Let him have his way with our "dear" neighbours. Let the fate of Arcoscephale become an example for other nations of this pitiful "alliance". This is exactly what happens to those who dares to cross my path.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I... see. One last word of warning, Your Holiness. Captain Cervantes is not the most, um, reliable of our servants. If you can even call him that. If the leaders of Arcoscephale offer him a sufficient tribute, he will most likely leave them alone.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Don't underestimate the naivity of these people. I am certain they believe that they are strong enough to fight him off. By the time they realize their demise, I won't need the Adrian to conquer Arcoscephale.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Gotta love fighting nightmares.

0NOlC4w.jpg

njyhUqm.jpg

For the record, this sad sack's initial morale was 18. And then he was surrounded by Nightmares.

:negative:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Gotta love fighting nightmares.

0NOlC4w.jpg

njyhUqm.jpg

For the record, this sad sack's initial morale was 18. And then he was surrounded by Nightmares.

:negative:
Shit. I am sure Grimwulf will find a good use for them after he conquer you.
:troll:

Lizzurd

Cipher
CAST
yxfpymgsht.png
abaqkryfxs.png
ujcuzvjpev.png
fegbwmoxju.png

jvikvvjkhm.png

The barren hall of Rome. It wasn't repaired for a many months and now risks to collapse any minute. Two figures are standing in the middle.

vpdtbwfifl.png
So, what is the situation?

vrpgfyhyna.png
I have checked myself the whole army. All ghostmen are armed. We have gave them the finest Sceleria equipment, although it was dispersed to match their ethereal shape.

vpdtbwfifl.png
I have heard that some of them routed the last battle...

vrpgfyhyna.png
Right.

vpdtbwfifl.png
What the fuck, Vlad? Why does IMMORTAL GHOSTS retreat from battle? How should I understand this at all.

vrpgfyhyna.png
That's not the trivial question. The thing is that they are afraid not of death but of the senseless of the battle.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Don't try to trick me! How could the battle with purpose to merge Underworld with real world be senseless?!

vrpgfyhyna.png
Lizzurd... You are still very immature. Not as a human but as a ghost. In a few hundred years you will get the fully different view on the world. Even if you whole life you will do nothing, you still have an infinity to wait. Some ghosts I know even remember the Pantocrator before the previous. The most ancient ghosts are too lazy even to speak. I mean, why you have to do something now if it will eventually come true despite all?

vpdtbwfifl.png
Impossible. I will never believe you on this question unless you find a truly good reasons.

Lizzurd qucikly leaves the hall shouting curses.

vrpgfyhyna.png
What a stupid ghost!

The mirror on the wall blackens for a second and ghostly figure stands out of it.

ultfmiszgt.png
The kings is burned and pierced. We have to remove him. REMOVE HIM.

vrpgfyhyna.png
Although I hate your speeches you are truly right in this moment. Our goals are very independent, don't you think so? We have to reign together, and our both parties will never cross each other. What's on your part?

ultfmiszgt.png
We are fine with this-s-s. Dak'kon and low mages have already agreed.

vrpgfyhyna.png
I have spoken to my generals this morning. They support us too. Then we just have to find Lucius... Where have he gone at all! He may appear there any moment and ruin all our plans.

xvbwolzwty.png

The great Desert of Ctis. A shadow figure quickly runs through it.

dunjtssjnl.png
Now, I have this device. Soon, Lizzurd, soon. I will free you of your reign.

<I promise that I will not set myself on AI. Put your hands on table back!>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom