Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lizzurd

Cipher
Please, do your turns!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yes sir, as soon as I check my Inbox! No stales on Lizzurd's watch!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Not much to report on over in the Motherland. Oh, except....

NAUwsLi.jpg

Lizzurd

Cipher
ovgkdhhtsx.png
I AWAKENED! I was dormant for the whole one hundred years! It is year 2115 now, and it must be that everything changed after all this time. How is the situation in CodexNoob?

strpedxdhe.png
It's turn 16 and we are still waiting for Harpsichord, sqeecoo and hello friend...

ovgkdhhtsx.png
FRUSTRATION!!!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not much to report on over in the Motherland. Oh, except....

NAUwsLi.jpg

Wow thats fucking awful, you can only use one of those sites at a time. What a kick in the balls.

Like this time I had two sorcerer of the sands sites in one desert...

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Oh, I think with my position and limited income, combined with good paths already.....I will probably only recruit a few Lore Masters to try and get lucky. Sages are great normally of course, but Magus are cheaper versions of my Alchemist(by 50 gold, so not shabby). And since the difference between 11RP and 15RP is arguably diluted with slow research....probably should just go with the more versatile, not old, Magus.

Plus, the gems are nice either way.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
At the temple of Morag in the capital city of Man...
mymggxgncx.jpg
Magisters Aethelred and Robert the One-Armed meet with a stranger who claims to be in communion with Morag, god of the nation of Man. The man was found walking the road between villages just outside the Forest of Avalon, and brought to the city by a man from one of the nearby villages, whom the stranger had waved down asking for a ride to the city in the man's cart. The man took him to the temple to talk with the priesthood. Though he came willingly, the priesthood was suspicious. In order to calm their fears, he showed them things which would advance the magical research taking place at the Towers of Chelms greatly, claiming he got the information from Morag himself. The priesthood then sent for someone from the Towers to confirm his information. We join the Magisters as they look up from the parchments.

xjqhomdqks.jpg
Aethelred leans towards Robert, speaking quietly. "This looks legitimate to me, what do you think?"

btuetztfnl.jpg
"Agreed. Could there be another explanation?"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"I'm certain there could, but I don't know what it could be."

btuetztfnl.jpg
"Indeed."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"I think we need more confirmation."

btuetztfnl.jpg
Robert nods agreement, then raises his voice to speak to the stranger. "I am sorry to doubt you, but you must understand how these things seem to us..."

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"It is not I you should apologize to, but our Lord Morag. It is the doubt of the people that keeps Him too weak to take His rightful place as Pantokrator!"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Morag has not been seen by anyone for generations! How are we supposed to believe the word of some crazy old man found wandering in the woods?"

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"Where else should a true man of our God reside? Is Morag not the Carpenter of the Insides?"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
I never did understand what that was supposed to mean. "Fair point, I suppose. You say you have been speaking directly with Him for more than two months?"

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"Oh, I have been speaking to him much longer than that... but yes, that is when he appeared and began to share these secrets with me."

btuetztfnl.jpg
"Why did He not come to the temple and make us all aware of His presence?"

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"I do not claim to know the mind of Morag, but He told me that He knew there would be doubts. He said I may bring others back with me, that they may bear witness to His return."

btuetztfnl.jpg
"Very well then, we shall do so." Robert turns to address his fellow Magister. "I am sure you would be willing to go see this, eh Aethelred? We should probably send someone from the temple as well."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Indeed I would. I will speak to the Bishop, he may want to go himself. You there... I suppose I should know your name, so that I don't have to keep addressing you thus."

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"My name is Hedar."

*Aethelred and Robert simultaneously fix the stranger with unbelieving stares.*

xjqhomdqks.jpg
Aethelred is the first to speak. "The Cursed Monk? You expect us to believe that?"

zrdjagrutk.jpg
The old man laughs softly. "Ah, more doubt, of course. Perhaps you will be cured of that when you meet my, ah, hounds."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Oh yes, of course... the Cu Sidhe, right?" Aethelred shares a look with his fellow Magister. Robert only shrugs, pulls a face, and looks significantly at the parchments they had been studying moments earlier. Aethelred considers the situation a moment, then continues. "Hmph, alright, I suppose it's no stranger than what you've shown us here."

btuetztfnl.jpg
"You had better be telling the truth, stranger. I would truly hate to see what the Bishop and my friend Aethelred here would do to you out there in the Forest if you prove to be lying."

zrdjagrutk.jpg
"I have no reason to fear, and I will forgive your threat in view of the situation. Now go, make your preparations to leave. I am eager to be back myself!"

KoolNoodles

Arcane
There is no age or magic path difference between a Magus and an Alchemist. 50gp cheaper yes, but to miss an opportunity of amassing Sages?

Well, your nation - your call.

I was meaning more versatile compared to the Sage. Is 40 extra RP/turn on 10v10 Sages/Magus really going to be a huge bonus when the next research level is 5000RP and I can't support many mages anyways? I don't know. At that point I might rather have the potential for communion legions of steel/gifts from heaven guys.

But I'd like to hear thoughts, sure.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
But I'd like to hear thoughts, sure.

I look at the whole thing the other way.

1) Sages save you gold, while providing better research output than Magus/Alchemist.
2) Whatever tactics or spell research you choose, you will HAVE to use communions in any case - Bogarus simply doesn't work without communions. The cheaper the slaves - the better. Sages are one of the cheapest communion slaves you will ever find.

Therefore, Sages provide research during peaceful times and are easily converted into communion meat during more difficult times. Besides, you can always use Light of the Northern Star in a huge-ass stack of S1 casters and get access to some cool S2 spells, like Solar Rays or Mind Burn. Or just spam Star Fires during early wars. Sages are extremely useful and cost-effective. As for Magus/Alchemist - you won't need an awful lot of them anyway.

Ok, I'm stopping my rambles, because some people here get very nervous when they see those kinds of discussions.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
ptufrw.jpg

I'm not against extensions. Extensions are better than stale streaks. But occasional stales here and there never killed anybody - they are better than a habit of extending every single turn. Admins don't even announce extensions anymore. Hell, nobody even asks for them. If a player doesn't ask for extension - he doesn't need extension.

IT'S TURN 16!!1

:x

Edit: I would understand if we played 24h timer, but no - we play 48h. And every extension goes above 48. It takes 3-15 minutes to make a turn at this stage, even if you're being ganged. That's some raw -level shit going on right here.

Ok, now I feel better.

:M

Last edited:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Wow, I didn't even realize. Not one turn on time?! I give my blessing to the non-extension.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I THOUGHT those turns were taking longer than... initially expected. Off with their heads I say!

As for that other matter, keep discussing strategy and tactics. We're all eagerly listening.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
A message for friends and foe! We're officially buying D gems, we pay N, W, F and S. Scrounge the bottom of your closets! Look inside that dirty sock, you may find an unused D gem there! Send it to your friendly neighbour Lizard (not to be confounded with the evil overlord, Lizzurd) and exchange them for something you can actually use!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
pxiuor.jpg

bjrzttpkie.jpg
The coastline is clear, cap'n! The province defenders fell back!

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Well, del Monferrada? How do you like MY magic?

guxgougbat.jpg
Your unholy devices demand a lot of people to use and maintain. I command the fire on my own, and it's just as effective as each of your... cranon.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
It's "cannon", you dimwit - finest pirate craftsmanship! One day every civilization will start using something similiar, you'll see.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
We pirates are simply smarter than you all.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Enough chit-chat. Drop the anchor! Jump on the boats!

skxslr.jpg

qhhznk.jpg

adhbjw.jpg

zoljhz.jpg

ojekje.jpg

ybjqsz.jpg

sbgmuu.jpg

fqizbk.jpg

*Later the same day*

bjrzttpkie.jpg
That sweet, sweet booty. Look at that ring I "borrowed" from a lady we captured.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Where is the lady? The crew grows desperate.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
What's the matter, bos'n? Can't find anything to rape?

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Local men live with.. men. I mean...

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Oh, I know what you mean. Maybe you are a boy lover too? Mabbe you should at least try?

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Shut yer mouth, wench, before I cut your guts! You should be just as desperate. Local boys won't even find you attractive, let alone fuck with you.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Good thing I prefer girls then. Silence, here comes the cap'n!

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Do your tongues ever stop blabbering, old salts? We have a situation.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
What is it, cap'n?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Tomaso's scouts report that the savages came from the northern jungle and invaded Arcoscephale too.

vykcez.jpg

yfpqnlukps.jpg
They are coming for the city!

bjrzttpkie.jpg
We must get there first!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
No, we must engage the savages instead!

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Shut up, both of you. De Prado insisted that there should be no attacks on the savages. Something about that incident with Corto the priest, I don't know the details. Point is, if we come to the jungle - the soldiers from Marignon won't follow.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Then there is no choice but to besiege the city. We have more than enough men to beat both armies.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
And then break those walls with what, half of our current numbers?

yfpqnlukps.jpg
That will take a while. But it's not like we have better things to do, cap'n. All coastlines belong to Marignon. If we are to pillage, we have to sail very, VERY far to the west.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
I have a solution to the problem. Send a letter to the rulers of Arcoscephale. Tell them that it's the last chance to pay tribute. If they do, Marignon will leave them alone - de Prado will never attempt an attack without support of my crew.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Both de Prado and Tomaso will be pissed.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
As if I care. They pay me - I return them the provinces. Arcoscephale's army is not big enough to defeat me on the battlefield, but they are more than ready to conquer at least half of Mictlan. Both sides win.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
What if the rulers refuse to pay?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Tell them I will rape their wives and make them watch the process.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Ahem. Cap'n, you see, most of them have hus...

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Just do what the cap'n says, damn you!

Harpsichord

"Rulers of Arcoscephale,

You stand no chance against the army of Marignon. But you can still save your nation and your people. I demand you to send 400 gold pounds this and two next months, which makes it a total of 1200 gold pounds. In exchange, Marignon will leave your coasts alone - you may reclaim Belegor freely and keep Junal Forest too. In addition, Marignon will not pretend for any of Mictlan's provinces - they are yours to conquer. I give you my word that if you accept my terms, you won't see our armies for at least 20 months.

If you refuse, I will rape your wives and make you watch.

Captain of the Adrian,
Cervantes de Leon."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom