Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
jcxkds.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Tomaso, my dear friend. You finally arrived.

guxgougbat.jpg
Mendoza.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Come, let us talk in my residence. I ordered to prepare a turkey for today's dinner.

guxgougbat.jpg
I'll pass. That turkey might have been a sorcerer from Mictlan. You never know.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
As you wish. I never had a chance to offer my congratulations on your victory over Arcoscephale.

guxgougbat.jpg
That victory wasn't mine. Cervantes destroyed their army, and paid with his life.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
But you fought the forces of Mictlan for the capital city.

guxgougbat.jpg
No. They escaped as soon as they saw Marignon's army approaching.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
And the battle for the city itself?

guxgougbat.jpg
There was no battle. Former rulers abandoned the entire nation before we even besieged the city. There was nobody left to protect it. Except for one man - Pathos, the Son of Titans.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
No matter. You are a hero in the eyes of our people.

guxgougbat.jpg
Can't say the same about you. I've heard troubling rumors on my way here. About blood sacrifices performed by you.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
You know I would never do it, Tomaso. I follow the old ways, just like you. Those were public executions.

guxgougbat.jpg
You are the Prophet of Marignon now, Mendoza. Be worthy of that honor.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
"Honor"? De Prado threw me out, because I aksed questions. I was the only one who dared. His policy will ruin our nation one day.

guxgougbat.jpg
What policy?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Where do I begin? Tell me, Tomaso. Why do you think we are here, in that God forsaken province, along with entire army of Marignon? Constantly receiving new ships with supplies and reinforcements?

guxgougbat.jpg
It's simple and obvious. The presence of our forces guarantees peace. Mictlan will never try anything reckless as long as we are here. And Atlantis will not invade our ally Bogarus while the Marignon-Bogarus defensive pact lasts. We are here to lead the armies in case of one of these events occurs. To bring righteous justice.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Hah. No.

guxgougbat.jpg
No?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
We are about to invade T'ien Ch'i. Several captains led by Don Diego de Medrana, an Admiral from Marignon, have their ships ready to set sails.

guxgougbat.jpg
Nonsense. I would know.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Nobody knows about it yet. Not even the Spy Master. Not even the Admiral! He thinks that the ships are here to support the army in case of war against Mictlan or Atlantis.

guxgougbat.jpg
Why would de Prado give such a ridiculous order? Attacking T'ien Ch'i now is pure warmongering. We don't have any conflict with their nation. Sure, they are all heretics, but who isn't these days?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Ah, but there is a conflict between T'ien Ch'i and Marignon, a reason worthy enough to declare a war. A reason which cannot be proclaimed in public, for it would be a disgrace for de Prado and Marignon.

guxgougbat.jpg
I presume you know that reason and this is why you were "exiled".

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Exactly.

guxgougbat.jpg
Well?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Grand Inquisitor needs to protect Lemuria.

guxgougbat.jpg
Herecy.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
It's the truth, even though it sounds revolting.

guxgougbat.jpg
Why? These unholy abominations must burn in hell. They are our sworn enemies, just as any other undead of the world!

licvwdzpwc.jpg
But our economy depends on prosperity of their nation. The head of Royal Bank of Marignon is my good friend. I know for a fact that Lemuria keeps a grand sum of gold in our bank. The Bank pays a modest monthly interest, and...

guxgougbat.jpg
Lies. Everything's a lie! The Royal Bank would be brought to justice long ago if what you say is true.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
That's the whole point! The Kingdom gets most of its income from the loans of the Royal Bank! We can't afford an investigation right now - we need every single gold coin it provides!

guxgougbat.jpg
God forgive us.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
After several nations attacked Lemuria all at once, the latter stopped sending gold, like they used to. My friend told me that if things go at the same pace, Lemuria will close the account soon. They will demand the entire sum of gold back.

guxgougbat.jpg
What sum are we talking about?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I cannot possibly know. But he said that Marignon might very well go bankrupt if that happens now.

guxgougbat.jpg
And we cannot even publicly demand T'ien Ch'i to withdraw its forces from Lemuria.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Right, we can't. Lemuria is officially our enemy.

guxgougbat.jpg
So we'll just attack T'ien Ch'i out of the blue like that? It does not sit well in me.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
So far there were no direct orders from de Prado on that matter. We'll see how it goes. Maybe Marignon's economy gets better and we'll be able to afford closing Lemuria's account. Or maybe T'ien Ch'i would decide to cease warfare on their own. After all, it's not like they achieved any success during that war.

hello friend

Arcane
I never received any envoys from Marignon. Marignon is dealing in bad faith, muttering and scheming with their unsavoury friends. I strongly condemn the actions of their army. I strongly condemn the actions of their navy. I spit upon their leadership, and I thumb my nose at their peasants.

It is the nature of the savage to try to extinguish the light of civilisation. The hoodlum and the dullard will always envy his betters and eye them with hatred concealed.

It will be the duty and pleasure of the T'ien Chi to fight until the last breath. Comest thou at me, brother!

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Oh fair master, I have asked for no mercy for I desired none!

Managed to send the turn. Thanks a lot, anyways! The bad times are about to end already. Exams tomorrow.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Managed to send the turn. Thanks a lot, anyways! The bad times are about to end already. Exams tomorrow.

No prob man, and good luck on your exams.

Once again, there's nothing bad in postponing the timer, as long as people ask for that in advance. To avoid situations like

• It's so late, better get some sleep. But there's gonna be a new turn in an hour or so. Ok, I can wait an hour, I guess. --- Somebody postpones the turn at the last minute.
  • Fug, 30mins left! Not sure if I can submit in time. Eh, Grimwulf and other admins are online - I'm sure somebody keeps an eye on the timer. --- Nobody does.
  • Grimwulf, that goddamn eyefucker. He knew there's gonna be a stale from several players, and still didn't extend the turn! I blame him! Can we roll the game back to previous turn? --- :argh:

I never asked for admin pass. And now it seems like I'm the only one who does something with it.

:negative:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry if it seems like I've lost interest. I assure you it's not the case, I just have a lot going on myself at the moment. I don't wanna cry about my problems here, but I've had a few things dropped in my lap that I didn't see coming.

I'm especially sorry to you, Grimwulf , I did drop the ball here and I really appreciate that you caught it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Don't worry man, these things last for months and your interest levels go up and down. I was pretty inactive too lately due to holiday busyness and using my gaming time for the Witcher 3, but my enthusiasm for this game is finally picking up again as we enter the midgame :)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Sqeecoo that's actually epic!

"...they can dynamite devil s reef, but that will bring no relief..." ... I'm sold.

EDIT: (And that level in CoC: DCE was railroading extreme)

Lies! There were far more llinear and railroaded levels in that same game! Jokes aside, I loved it so much! Up to the refinery it has great atmosphere and dialogue. Then you flush a Shoggoth around, shoo Dagon away with a cannon and fight a starspawn with conventional weapons

:negative:

My personal favourite, and a much more "Lovecraftian" game imho is:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom