Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's 33. Some people probably reached lvl6 in one discipline. If they really focused on it, that is.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Welp, guess their problem for joining a shit game eh. Still darkness could work if he focused alt.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Welp, guess their problem for joining a shit game eh. Still darkness could work if he focused alt.

No, he doesn't have D4, apart from Pretender. He'd need both Constr4 and Alt6, which I'm pretty sure is impossible to reach that early, even if you focus on it.

bfyqxm.jpg

You are welcome. Tungaliks are one of the best research monkeys of the game, and their price is very good for what they are.

So, can I get you to leave me alive for a while under the menace of my UNLIMITED POWER?

No?

Pleeeease

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So, can I get you to leave me alive for a while under the menace of my UNLIMITED POWER?

Nu. In fact, I will be grateful if you cast Darkness. Your guys have DV 50%, mine have 100%. Malakal gives those "awesome" hints simply because he wants you ded too.

Grimwulf is your only friend. Or rather he COULD BECOME one.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you like throwing armies of chaff at each other then maybe. I prefer magic with my might.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A game where everybody gets all the nukes right away is boring at best.

A game where you have to carefully choose your weapons and plan waaaay ahead - now that game is skill-demanding and challenging.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I like this game. I do not endorse otherwordly voices devoid of fleshy avatars to maim, kill and burn. Slow research FTW!

... the fact that I am LA Ulm has no bearing on this. Really. I mean, c'mon.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I get Malakal's point that slow research removes some of the subtlety and skill from the game since you have less options, but especially with a game like this where there hasn't been too much early war (except poor Arco) I gotta say I'm enjoying the slower pace and long-term planning a lot. Turn 30ish is still practically earlygame! In any case there's nothing wrong with a little variety :)

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
A game where everybody gets all the nukes right away is boring at best.

That is what I was trying to avoid, and I guess it did work. Still, I think next time I'll try Standard... and I definitely won't use this map again. The novelty has worn off. :)

It's all good though, I'm still having fun. I wish I had more time to continue the story of Man, but at least the time I do get to spend on this is making a great diversion. Thanks again to all for joining in!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
...and there goes my masterful plan of conquering Atlantis all by myself, I even had cunning preparations already in place:

vX6T08u.jpg

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
There can be no surrender in the face of barbarism.

But I am not without sympathy. A ghost remembers the grub of the living, and goes hither-thither with a gnawing hunger and a gnashing of teeth.

The savant chefs of the T'ien Chi have developed some tasty ectoplasm-based recipes. We will share our culinary knowledge with you for what I'm sure you'll agree is a modest fee.

[I had prepared an artistic depiction of said delicacies, but Imgur is giving me shit. If you saw it, you'd definitely agree to the following proposal]

For the low price of 1000 shekels, these delights could be yours, and your suffering could be alleviated. Jellied and candied ectoplasm can be grasped by the gullets of ethereals and corporeals alike! Nuances of flavour so subtle they're hardly there!

This is a one-time offer, though. My patience is not without limit.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Someone please extend if KoolNoodles doesn't show up or pretty soon we'll have enough stalls in this game to open up a small market.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Lemuria officially declares the war upon Marignon! The reason wasn't revealed to the public. The war officers refused to reveal to press how they plan to attack.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Lemuria officially declares the war upon Marignon!

:whatho:

Poor Lemurian undeds went batshit insane after all. They think they share borders with Marignon.

The Inquisition will decide how long will they tolerate Lemuria's existence. If you will ever become bothersome, we shall come for you ourselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom