Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wow, never had so much problems in pretender design as with LA C'Tis, can I have some time to submit? It's fairly late here and I still haven't finished testing...

The best bless is N9B9 and that turns your tomb wyrms into monsters as far as soaking damage goes. Other than that you need some scales for initial expansion. Most commonly used chassis are blood fountain or mother of monsters.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You know, I actually wanted to PM you for a little advice on builds... Since the Salv is an enemy in this game I wanted to give no hints about my strategy ( :negative: )
Well I guess it's too late, I just submitted something totally different let's see how this goes!:happytrollboy:

Edit: I also thought tomb wyrms were unable to benefit from N blesses

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You know, I actually wanted to PM you for a little advice on builds... Since the Salv is an enemy in this game I wanted to give no hints about my strategy ( :negative: )
Well I guess it's too late, I just submitted something totally different let's see how this goes!:happytrollboy:

Basic gameplay is summoning kings with D gems and having them reanimate sacred wyrms, researching evo6 for mass bane fire spam and ench5 for skele spam. C'tis is actually very solid in LA.

And obviously go Heat3, thats mandatory for cold blooded nations.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Yeah, you might wanna have another go. You see, I consulted an Elder Druid at a circle of stones while chanting prayers to the Lord of the Forest that He may guide my design. Or maybe I just got stoned in the woods with the old guy down the road and made something up, it's kinda hazy now.

Thanks but I stand by my bloody thingy. I don't very much believe in re-sending things. This arbitrary code of conduct is subject to change depending on my convenience. That's how I roll.
Dracula.Castlevania.full_.295042.jpg
Let us go out this evening for tacos. The night is still young.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Everyone ready to rock about 11 hrs from now? No need to answer if yes, let me know if no.

Also, paging coldcrow, you still wanna join?

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Indeed. If anyone with the necessary mod powers wants to do that I have no problem with it, but I'm sure they have better things to do.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Hello there. I am curious, is there still some space for a poor Lizzurd?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I knew it I fucking knew Lizzurd would pick Lemuria! Goddammit.

Hey, if coldcrow wants to play let's have some more players in, why not? Valanis is a bit crowded even at 10 players though.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hopefully :)

By the way, should we change the name to Decline 10 since raw gave his blessing?

Lizzurd

Cipher
Everybody gangs on Lemuria right from the start. By the end of first year we'll have 9 players instead of 10. There, problem solved.
Yeap, you are right. The first player to attack me will end the year in my ghostly ranks. I will eliminate his nation and we will have 9 players. At least one problem solved.

Dayyālu

Arcane
1396eae1f7c823c5771974b158cefdecdb82b188109c464142c24de1c5eb356b.jpg

Start this game fast, and don't enlarge it too much. My self-discipline for not taking LA Atlantis is getting weaker every hour.

Particularly with Lemuria around.

Must.... resist... too...many...games already....

Good luck to everyone :salute:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Hey, if coldcrow wants to play let's have some more players in, why not? Valanis is a bit crowded even at 10 players though.

Since we're postponed until monday anyway, I'm game to change the map if someone can suggest something. It appears as though that's possible. I just don't know enough about what makes a good MP map, in fact I know next to nothing about how the maps really work. It appears that I may have to remedy that. I picked Valanis for 3 reasons: 1) it had caves and seas in case anyone was going to play a nation that needs those, 2) it didn't have notes implying that it was designed for some specific game or scenario, and 3) it was big enough for the number of players we had at the time. I have no attachment to it at all.

Anyway, it's hard for me to tell from his last post if coldcrow wants to join or if he forgot or? But I am willing to make room if need be.

OP cannot edit his posts and topics. Have some mercy on him, people.

Yeah, what he said. :P

Start this game fast, and don't enlarge it too much. My self-discipline for not taking LA Atlantis is getting weaker every hour.

Wouldn't wanna tempt you or anything...:martini:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
As the second least experienced deity here, I too confess a kind of ignorance about "what makes a good MP map". I've played MP before but never got the chance to... learn a bit about that. Obviously, I'll roll with whatever you guys decide, but the reasoning behind the decision would surely be good to know.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I have no problems using Valanis. As for being a good map, it has some really shitty starting position, the kind that can make or break a whole game... E.g. some starting provinces have only two connections, which can screw you badly in both production and expansion if you find yourself sandwiched between strong indies. Other startpos have 7-8 connection (see the one above the big chasm in the south).
Some provinces are only accessible trough mountains, this means that if you have a cold 2-3 Dominion reach them they are walled off from the game 80% of times. Same problems with rivers north, play a hot 2-3 nation and your mobility is seriously compromised.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As the second least experienced deity here, I too confess a kind of ignorance about "what makes a good MP map". I've played MP before but never got the chance to... learn a bit about that. Obviously, I'll roll with whatever you guys decide, but the reasoning behind the decision would surely be good to know.

No clumped terrains (lol 5 swamps near each other), wrap around (so no isolated starts in the corner), all terrain types for specific spells (caves, wastes, mountains mainly), balanced farm placement, players starting in even spread, not too much uw (based on the number of uw nations).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom