Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ivan_Constantinovich_Aivazovsky_-_Little_Russian_Ox_Cart_in_Winter.JPG

Among the many songs of my people. For the cold dark of winter.

This is, I presume, the feeling when the vodka runs out, and you have to race barefoot to the local food vendor, which is 20 kilometers away.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Near the Forest of Avalon...
szksswieqq.jpeg
Lord Alfred, Castellan of Man, looks over the assembled army. Rumors of great evil awakening in distant lands have driven the religious leaders to call for a Crusade. The rumors speak of false gods who wish to overthrow Morag and claim all of Valanis as their own. Alfred and his men have the honor of being the first chosen to set out against the heathens. He hopes they live long enough to fight the minions of evil, as first they must brave the unconquered lands surrounding his homeland. He sends Oelf the Royal Forester out ahead to scout the untamed lands...
osfnyofbsm.jpg

(Shitty starting position, though!)

Me too. I also just realized I did something pretty dumb with my pretender design. Oh well, I'm not going down without a fight!

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I got a starting position pretty similar from my test game screenshot I posted earlier :) Oh well, stiff upper lip, make do and all that!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I got the same exact starting position as my last test game, which also was the most succesful one. This obviously means I'm gonna be surrounded by Hvy cav, Dark ivy and undead and I won't be able to conquer my second province untill year two.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
In a valley nestled between dark, jagged mountains, where the silent forest' trees are almost pitch black and the land keeps many secrets... there lies a city. Almost without rhyme or reason, this city has grown to accommodate the needs of its long-suffering population. Cobbled streets, tortuous alleyways and dank waterways separate the now-empty mansions of the forgotten nobility and the slums where the rabble reside. It is a bleak town, with no future or hope, whence a great kingdom once flourished. A kingdom founded upon steel and honor, that scoffed magicks and mysticism in favour of the noble Enigma of Steel… but that's all in the past now. The kingdom suffered a great Curse and the land itself rebelled against foolish, impudent man. And now, only the shadows of that past splendor linger.

However…

im1j49.jpg

(Night falls upon the city and every fearful soul cowers in the scant warmth of their homes. In the nobles' quarter, at one of the city's many run-down churches, there seems to be a meeting commencing)

35cfq86.jpg
Here I am, as per your request, Arch-Bishop…

294tr8g.jpg
Ah, Gascoigne. Perfect. Have you come alone? Do the other guardians know you're here?

jqnfpv.jpg
They don't, your excellency. Now, if I might be so bold as to ask…

wrden9.jpg
Of course. I will cut straight to the heart of the matter. Gascoigne, our hour is at hand. We have toiled much these past years, but now it all will be brought to fruition at last.

jqnfpv.jpg
*startled* You… you mean…?

wrden9.jpg
Yes! *feverishly* The time of reckoning is here. No longer will we need to hide in the shadows of this decrepit city… for Our Mistress is here at last. I have received the final revelation: all we need is a vessel for Her, and Her will shall be made manifest. She shall lead Ulm to a new age of glory and conquest, and the Nations will tremble on the face of Her power unleashed!

jqnfpv.jpg
So shall it be! What… what is it that you need of me, Arch-Bishop?

wrden9.jpg
You… you have a keen sense of smell. You know the kind of vessel we need. Go forth and bring it to me, so that we can prepare the ritual that will bring Our Mistress back to us!

jqnfpv.jpg
I will, your Excellency! You can trust me.

wrden9.jpg
I know I can. Waste no more time, Gascoigne. Find what we need!

jqnfpv.jpg
I'll be back. *Leaves*

wrden9.jpg
Hmm… yes, yes. It's all going according to plan. This time, we shall reign supreme over every other “aspirant” to the throne of the Old Pantokrator… we shall drown them in blood!

348ir2v.jpg
Arch-Bishop… forgive my interruption, but I believe you called for me…?

wrden9.jpg
Ah, Eileen. Yes. Keep an eye on Gascoigne. I do not want any more… unpleasantness from him. Given the nature of the mission I have asked of him, it is possible the conditioning will… well, you know what I am talking about. Go now.

348ir2v.jpg
As you desire, it will be done. *Vanishes*

wrden9.jpg
Heh, heh… soon, pretty soon...

hello friend

Arcane
AGpa0zs.png

We are the T'ien Chi, an enlightened nation of warrior poets and philosopher kings. Or as we like to say, high T n' Chi. Geddit?

After we wiped out the whales with our most wise hunting methods (too wise, as it turns out), we abandoned the sea and low-carb diet. Our sagacious scholars guided us to a place that would soon become a beacon of civilisation for all the backwards peoples in the area.

We are on a mission to civilise. Fear us.

Lizzurd

Cipher
CAST:
yxfpymgsht.png
fegbwmoxju.png
snwyrnnbyv.png

The halls of Sacred Palace became empty. Despite that only a few livings were killed the most of population escaped the city and now it was almost empty. No one was cleaning the streets but there was almost no need - even vermins escaped the undead city.
It became known that new undead lords of Sceleria are emitting the aura of undeath. Should one come close and soon his body will rot. This wasn't helping the situation in any way.
Lizzurd was sitting at his throne and twirling the goblet. He wasn't able to taste the wine anymore, but he was still feeling affection to it.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Enter!

itbkwitnli.png

Dreaad is dressed in the most heavy armor ever seen in Sceleria. It was believed to be wearable only by extinct giants, but when Dreaad become undead he easily put it on himself. The sword he is wielding is also legendary, and can easily slash even through dragon skin.

nznyauiohi.png
My lord! I have completed my mission. I have gathered the whole undead guard and now we are to your service.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Great! Lucius, how is the situation with our other cities? Do they accept my reformed reign?

dunjtssjnl.png
Not in any way. They all refused to pledge to you. However a few necromancers agreed to help us and sent some information. As we know, people everywhere are running away from us. Even the dukes of the most protected cities are afraid.

vpdtbwfifl.png
It is well known that we cannot fight the whole city guard. If they gather their full forces - at least one hundred men each...

dunjtssjnl.png
No, no. The guards are escaping too! We will not meet the big resistance.

nznyauiohi.png
The great lords! I am able to accomplish this task! Furthermore, i will go on myself! The nearest city Aternum is well known for me and i was instructing the guard of it myself. All of them are stupid fools which don't know anything in honor and warfare.

vpdtbwfifl.png
That is a risky task. Maybe you will need any help?..

nznyauiohi.png
No need. With the new power i will smash them all in a few minutes! I will take only my squire.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Fine. I bless you on this mission. Proceed!

dunjtssjnl.png
Lizzurd, I wish to try my powers too. I was never fond in direct warfare, but i will lead the undead infantry and achieve victory. Let me attack the ancient city of Ravenna!

vpdtbwfifl.png
Even you? However you are right, there are no tasks for you in this city. Fine, i bless you. Proceed!

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
edkttuwhhg.png

fupngicuhq.jpg
Before Pantokrator left us, he promised this realm to Marignon. He deemed our holy nation to be the only one worthy and capable of ruling over this world. But when the moment came, everybody turned away, preferring to betray their Faith and worship the so-called Pretenders. Cervantes de Leon, I hereby name you the Prophet of the Divine Will. Your Holy Duty is to claim what is rightfully ours - every province, every creature, every single corner of this world belongs to Marignon. It is your Right to take any life of any man and mere. Everything belongs to you. And you belong to Marignon.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Am I supposed to kiss yer boots now? I will conquer your lands and kil your enemies, and you will do your part of the bargain.

fupngicuhq.jpg
Remember that from this moment, your every word and action is the God's Will.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
The God demands to pillage, pluder and rape the sinners! Give the men you promised earlier, Inquisitor. My ship awaits its captain.

*After the Ceremony*

rsnauqphfd.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Cervantes. I'm glad you accepted my invitation.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
I thought ye're speaking on behalf of the Inquistion, ol' doubloon.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Not this time, captain. I wanted to ask you a private favour.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
What is it?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
When you encounter another nation - do not attack them straight away. Nothing good will come out of it. Instead send me their coordinates and wait for my orders.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
I don't take orders from you, Mendoza.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Everybody can use an ally in these difficult times, Cervantes. I can become yours. And you can find one for me. For Marignon.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
As long as I won't have to negotiate myself.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
You leave it to me. Although it appears that most of these nations and their Pretenders don't care about negotiating at all. They only wish to destroy.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Can't say I blame 'em. So long, Inquisitor.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Fair winds to you, captain. Oh, and one last thing! We do not negotiate with undead. You are to kill every necro-spawn on sight. Such is the God's Will.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Meanwhile, in the higher part of town, one of the few inhabited mansions of the Noble Quarter is the backdrop for another kind of meeting…

33tqv54.jpg

2it0tcn.jpg
What a joyous occasion, to have you here, Magda! How long has it been?

25u00fk.jpg
Too long, uncle, for sure. I've missed you!

2it0tcn.jpg
Heh! You've been too busy at the Iron Academy to miss anyone. Congratulations on your promotion, dear!

25u00fk.jpg
*blushes slightly* Thank you, uncle. But tell me… why have you come back so soon?

2it0tcn.jpg
*suddenly stern* I've been gone for too long, Magda. Look at the state of this city. It's falling apart, consumed by apathy and shadows. Look through the window. Come on, look! What do you see? An appalling landscape of mud and sorrow, that's what!

25u00fk.jpg
We've fallen in some hard times…

2it0tcn.jpg
It's more than that. The Malediction was surely bad business, but afterwards… the Iron Cult has seized power and they don't care about anything… least of all, the poor people of this city. No… it's about time someone did something.

25u00fk.jpg
*nervous* Don't go talking like that out loud, uncle! They… they could be listening…

2it0tcn.jpg
Ah, I don't give a rat's arse about they hearing us! It's time they learned that there's someone here who doesn't fear them!

25u00fk.jpg
But… what are you suggesting?

2it0tcn.jpg
A coalition of the few noble houses that are left… I've been talking with some old friends We can re-establish the Council, and show these fanatics what's good.

25u00fk.jpg
That sounds… dangerous. I don't know if the people will…

2it0tcn.jpg
The people will follow us once they learn that we can bring back the good times, hope, warmth and a bright future.

25u00fk.jpg
I… *pondering* I… I'll think about it.

11rg6mp.jpg
*entering* There's no time to think about it, sweetheart. The time to act is now.

25u00fk.jpg
*surprised* What…? Hermann? What… what are you doing here?

2it0tcn.jpg
I took the liberty of inviting your husband too. I hope you don't mind. I have already explained the situation to him and he's agreed to work with us.

25u00fk.jpg
Oh, for the Pantokrator's…

11rg6mp.jpg
Listen, dear. Your uncle is right. It's time to move, to do something.

2it0tcn.jpg
Yes. And Hermann here will be instrumental for it. He's a wayfarer, a ranger… he knows how to travel far, safely and quickly. We need him to contact the other nations, wherever they might be… and garner support for our cause. I don't think the Iron Cult has many friends outside.

25u00fk.jpg
What? Are you… are you going to leave?

11rg6mp.jpg
You must understand, Magda. We have received reports that the Cult is up to something. Something big. The time to move is now. Perhaps the other countries will help us, now that the religious wars are a thing of the past…

25u00fk.jpg
*falls silent for a while* I don't think you have considered this thoroughly. It's too dangerous. What about your daughter? Are you going to leave us? What if the other nations aren't as friendly as you think?

11rg6mp.jpg
Don't worry. I've been in the trail many times before. This won't be any different. I'll be back soon, and neither you or Miranda will notice I've been gone long.

2it0tcn.jpg
That's the spirit! There's no time to waste then. You leave with the first lights!

25u00fk.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane

In the depths of the Ice Floe City...

hwbkzv.png

yhaoqh.png
"Sialuk."

cklzpd.png
"
Odobur. What's up, my frog? With what we are rolling this time? Did the Powers That Be decided to try a Luck&Misfortune scale?"

yhaoqh.png
"I don't know. But you see, the leadership is kinda conservative nowadays, and I guess we can think of something more traditional. A pity, It's usually fun to get out a bit and the modder who wrote my unit description did a great job. T'was sad that when I got out on Decline2 I did little. Any idea about our opponents, by the way?"

cklzpd.png
"It's the usual. Grimwulf and Lizzurd already at each other's throats, and...."

yhaoqh.png
"I know it's somewhat stale to say, but those two should simply get a room and go at it."

cklzpd.png
"They did. Killed a lot of people in the process, even! Was it Decline 4 or 5? No, wait, the Agarthans down in Department 67 were in Decline4... Well, for the others, you have the usual horde of Slavs, an orc leading barbarian chinamen with great artistic vision, that guy with the weird name "Zephyr Arslsomething"..."

yhaoqh.png
"I like that guy style, though. It's a bit anime, but not bad. Hope he manages to stick around."

cklzpd.png
" Sure, then we have KoolNoodles, sans Ragha this time, I still have the PTSD from that match. Then sqeecoo, I hope he gets to make more Apocalypto movie refs, I loved that thing so much I proposed it for the Movie Night of Department 78. The organizer seems a cool guy, he has a Battletech avatar after all. That reminds me, when the next session of Earthdawn? This weekend?"

yhaoqh.png
"Yep..... wait a SEC! Holy fuck. They left the cameras on. GOODBYE Fourth wall."

cklzpd.png
"Bet it was planned. The hacks in Management have exhausted all their ideas for this run. Truly? Fourth-Wall breaking reality shows? What's next, confession booths, love stories and fanfiction? "Ulm Love"?"

sqeecoo

Arcane
acd996ae1282403c55abd68b2dfbeffe.jpg

Tiazque yehua xon ahuiacan.
Niquittoa o ni Nezahualcoyotl. Huia!
Cuix oc nelli nemohua o a in tlalticpac? Yhui. Ohuaye.

Annochipa tlalticpac. Zan achica ye nican. Ohuaye ohuaye.
Tel ca chalchihuitl no xamani,
no teocuitlatl in tlapani,
oo quetzalli poztequi. Yahui ohuaye.
Anochipa tlalticpac zan achica ye nican. Ohuaya ohuaya.

Mä pehuacän.

["We will pass away.
I, NezahualCóyotl, say, Enjoy!
Do we really live on earth? Ohuaya ohuaya!

Not forever on earth, only a brief time here!
Even jades fracture;
even gold ruptures,
even quetzal plumes tear:
Not forever on earth: only a brief time here! Ohuaya ohuaya!"

Let it begin.]

Apocalypto.jpg

The Fifth Sun rises over Mictlan only because Huitzilopochtli wrestles his three warring brothers into a precarious equilibrium, sustaining the dawn through hellish effort. Even then, the sun must battle the stars and moon each time it rises through the sky. Eventually, it will lose. This is known.

The apocalypse may be postponed, at least for a while, by fortifying the sun in its battles with the stars. This is the sacred mission of the Mictlan people: to furnish Huitzilopochtli with chalchíhuatl - the mysterious, ineffable fluid of life-energy - so that he might delay the end of the world.

And even now the wind brings tidings of a cold, dead power arising to cover the world in darkness. The ocēlōmeh - Jaguar Warriors - of Mictlan will fight to the death to prevent this. Should they fail, the last survivor will tear out his own heart in supplication to Huitzilopochtli to buy the world another dawn. And then all will end.

Last edited:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
ooc: I'd brofist all around if I could. Truly cool. Even the fourth wall-breaking Inuit frogs!

Tiazque yehua xon ahuiacan.
Niquittoa o ni Nezahualcoyotl. Huia!
Cuix oc nelli nemohua o a in tlalticpac? Yhui. Ohuaye.

Annochipa tlalticpac. Zan achica ye nican. Ohuaye ohuaye.
Tel ca chalchihuitl no xamani,
no teocuitlatl in tlapani,
oo quetzalli poztequi. Yahui ohuaye.
Anochipa tlalticpac zan achica ye nican. Ohuaya ohuaya.

Mä pehuacän.

["We will pass away.
I, NezahualCóyotl, say, Enjoy!
Do we really live on earth? Ohuaya ohuaya!

Not forever on earth, only a brief time here!
Even jades fracture;
even gold ruptures,
even quetzal plumes tear:
Not forever on earth: only a brief time here! Ohuaya ohuaya!"

Let it begin.]

I have that same piece written on a poster depicting Coyolxauhqui I once brought from Mexico. I really like it. Kudos!

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Lord Alfred's camp, outside the capital city...
utpsqxqqoz.jpg
Alfred stands near the campfire in quiet contemplation. Around him, his men drink and boast, giving loud voice to their dreams of glory. Alfred's thoughts are also of battle, though more somber. Oelf's first report arrived by raven today, and the path ahead does not look easy. As he considers his options yet again, a robed figure approaches...

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Magister Aethelred! What brings you so far from the Towers, and at such a late hour?"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"I bring a message of great import. May I speak to you alone, Lord Alfred?"

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Of course, Magister. Let us walk." Alfred's gut clenches as they move away from the warm firelight. It must be important to bring the Magister out to seek him. Why not send a messenger?

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Please allow me to get straight to the point. These are dark times we find ourselves in, and the True God Morag has chosen a leader to bring His people, nay, all the people of Valanis into His light."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Forgive me Magister, but what has that to do with me?"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Lord Alfred, it is you He has chosen."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
Alfred stares at the Magister in disbelief, his mouth hanging open. He tries to gather his wits before speaking. "Me? But, Magister Aethelred, I'm just a soldier! Surely this must be a jest, or a mistake!"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"Be assured, there is no mistake, and I am no jester. Would you question the word of Morag?"

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"No, Magister, of course not! I just don't understand..."

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"We do not need to understand the will of Morag, we need only to follow it."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Of course, Magister. Forgive my insolence. What is required of me?"

xjqhomdqks.jpg
"In two days, there will be a ceremony proclaiming you publicly as the Prophet. You need not attend, the people will be told that you are already away on your holy mission. All you must do is continue on the Crusade, as you planned, and give your all for the sake of the people of Man. Others will follow, emboldened by your holy favor. Now, if you will excuse me, I must be getting back to the Towers. There is much I must see to."

gpsbqrnplt.jpeg
"Yes Magister, of course. Thank you, and safe journey." Alfred watches as the Magister's attendants see him back to his carriage and get the horses moving. While the Magister was right, all he had to do was what he was planning to do already, it somehow changed things. So I'm a Prophet now...

--- End scene, or whatever ---

The organizer seems a cool guy, he has a Battletech avatar after all.

Cheers!

ooc: I'd brofist all around if I could. Truly cool. Even the fourth wall-breaking Inuit frogs!
Seconded! I'm already having a blast. Thanks again to all involved, here's one for everybody:
:bro:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hm, guys, we may have a problem. Hooverdog seems to have vanished, at least for now. Maybe he'll be back? But stalling the first turns is a huge loss. I think we should extend the turn and either wait for him, find a sub, or restart the game without him.
Having him go AI at this point would just give huge advantage to one of his neighbors who could conquer that land with ease. I don't know about you, but I'm fine with restarting or waiting.

Lizzurd

Cipher
We still have 18 hours. I think i will check again this evening (which will come in 6 hours) and then postpone if required.

I also want to note that it is common for him to disappear for a few days, given my experience with Decline5.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Looks like everyone got teir 2nd turns in before the deadline... maybe hoverdog is just lurking?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Would be nice if someone could update the OP with the nations, players, etc.

Edit: I forgot this was slow research. Wow, I am really screwed now.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The point has been brought up before. I can't do it, and neither can my esteemed noobish colleague and OP noisenerd. Anybody else with admin privileges, though...

Yeah, I know you can't, I just figured the powers that be.....

Alternatively you could put it on the llamaserver page in the form of the daily message for the game.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Alternatively you could put it on the llamaserver page in the form of the daily message for the game.

Good call, I'll get on that... and done.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom