Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
the powers that be
Who's the mod here anyway? JarlFrank? Infinitron? I doubt they ever check this sub-forum threads, but maybe if we ping them they could paste something in the first post.

Edit: Also, with a mod intervention we could change thread title, I propose "Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast"

Dayyālu

Arcane
I am swamped with work right now and I resent playing supervisor on the internets.

Oh, well, then I guess the options are Grimwulf , KoolNoodles , Dreaad or me. Simply asking to the more active players around here, and those who seems to have the least amount of stales around.

Who's up for it?

Maybe we can ask to JarlFrank if doing this in the subforum is possible without too much hassle, or if it's too much of a bother. Would make a lot of things easier.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
My internet is busted, since apparently paying for it every month on time DOES NOT GUARANTEE the service. Ah, private enterprise, you have fooled us since 1550. I can only get online in 10-15 second bursts. Being Dom4 the awesome game that it is, it's enough to send and receive turns, but until I fix this I'm going to be a little less visible. That's why I couldn't fix the MOTD in Llamaserver; apologies, everyone. Thanks, noisenerd (how do you tag people, BTW?)

On the subject of the subforum mod: Yes, by all means! You have my vote, whoever you are. Any of you fine gentlemen would be fine. Unless you bribe me or something, then my opinion could change.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
My vote goes for KoolNoodles, coz he never fails to deliver an extension. And his avatar looks like my face in the morning. But I won't cry if it will be Dayyalu or Dreaad. Also, should we like make a separate thread for this discussion? Or probably create one in site feedback / start a private group convo with overlods?

how do you tag people, BTW?

Put an @ before username.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I second KoolNoodles. I remember his devotion and self-sacrifice in Decline 3 where he would wait on submitting his turn till the last moment to see if anyone else needed an extension, and then stall himself.

:hero:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Thanks, noisenerd (how do you tag people, BTW?)

No problem... and I feel your pain. The internet sucks where I am too.

I really don't know anybody, but I agree with the sentiment and would be fine with anyone mentioned above. A separate thread in site feedback would probably be more likely to be seen if nothing else, eh?

Lizzurd

Cipher
CAST:
jqmtkxjtck.png
dtyacrckhi.png

The main square of a city. The large flock has gathered around the stage, where were staying the great undead knight Dreaad and his faithful squire Marcus. Ten decapitated heads were laying around them.

qwguvksevi.png

nznyauiohi.png
Listen, the flock of a city Aternum! From this moment i am the LAW in this city!

dkktlvvtpg.png
Please, leave us alone! We have nothing to give to you!

xqlqeckzke.png
Hey! We are no different from any other order. Just give us the rent and we will leave you in peace!

nznyauiohi.png
Money? Why would undead want money at all?

xqlqeckzke.png
Isn't the money the one thing that allows you to buy everything? Maybe, even, godhood.

nznyauiohi.png
WE ARE UNDEAD. We live forever. We are immortal. Why would we want currency at all? It's the stupid thing. We don't use any goods and have no basic needs.

xqlqeckzke.png
Fine. That what do you want from this peasants?

The next minute was probably the most silent and the most longest for the whole life of people of Aternum.

nznyauiohi.png
I... want their souls. I want to control them. I want power. And it is the thing that they can give to us! I am simply better of them - isn't this enough to take their souls to my domain?

bkcthvjhtp.png
Please, don't kill us! I don't want to turn into undead! Please!

xqlqeckzke.png
Could I say that you simply have no idea why did you conquer this city?

nznyauiohi.png
I know for what reason i did it. For my whole life i was trying to overpower the others. I was working hard, but this wasn't enough. Some people were aristocratic, some people were just lucky. Some were having the better mind and some were stronger physically. When i became undead i quickly recognized this as a my chance to finally overcome the world! I am better in all senses then this people. They have simple lifes, they don't look at stars and they don't try to reach the highest peaks of the world! Starting from this city i will gather power and soon I will become the best general in the ranks of Pantocrator Lizzurd!

xqlqeckzke.png
But you are still the living entity! You may be better of them, you may be the different, but it is not the reason the suppress their needs and mindlessly use them! Everyone could be at their place and isn't this the reason to tolerate them?

nznyauiohi.png
Marcus, you are totally wrong. I don't want to debate with you anymore. It is not the question - either we or this people. It the question - either we or other nations trying to reach godhood!
The flock of city Aternum! I claim your lives in my name! Live your last days!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
bjrzttpkie.jpg
There you go, capn't. Sulphuria coasts.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Hu hu hu hu *evil laughter*

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Adrian was not built to traverse rivers, cap'n. The crew feels... uneasy.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
And honestly, what are we doing in this hellhole? This land is not even populated. Not a single village to plunder.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Me heartie, soon ye're gonna fight with undead, fish-people, savage people, and all kinds of lesser beings. Are you sure you can put down all of them, young lass?

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Aye aye, cap'n.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Can you trust me and my crew to cover yer rear?

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Aye!

miqwxxuyug.jpg
And can you trust the new guys over there, the Kingdom's "soldiers"?

bjrzttpkie.jpg

miqwxxuyug.jpg
'ats what I thought. AVAST YE, me seadogs! Today we BLOW THE LIZARDS DOWN! Do you see the jungle in the distance? 'ats where you will spill blood for yer captain!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
... lizards? They are poor as rats. There is nothing to plunder from lizards, cap!

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Except fer their shamans, you curly scallywag! If we are to battle the undead, I want some reliable spellcasters by my side.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
We could ask the Inqusition to provide some?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Never trust these dogs! Lizards, on the other hand, were born to serve. ENSLAVE THOSE LIZARDMEN, AND PLUG YER COCKS INTO THEIR WIVES!

bjrzttpkie.jpg
AYE AYE CA... wait, what?

miqwxxuyug.jpg
Land lubbers from Marignon, you go first! My crew, you follow! TO THE BATTLE, MEN! YYYAAAARRR

tsjuov.jpg

sgjhjz.jpg

*After the battle*

yfpqnlukps.jpg
The battle is over, Cap'n. The lizards were no match for us.

miqwxxuyug.jpg
The lizards can NEVER become a match for the dread captain Cervantes, bosun! Report!

yfpqnlukps.jpg
No casualties, cap.

uqcwuh.jpg

miqwxxuyug.jpg
As always with lizurds.

*On that day the famous captain was cursed*

vwmvkm.jpg

*Thus begins the story of pain, suffer and regret*

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
On the border of Man...
kgouuifrrz.jpg
Alfred's nights are restless, and filled with strange dreams. Every morning the details escape, but there is a voice that somehow lingers, just on the edge of memory. Though doubtful at first, he begins to see signs even while awake that lead him to believe the Magister may have been speaking truth. Even his men seem to treat him differently, and their spirits seem lifted. He suspects that the Magister or one of his aides must have said something, as Alfred hadn't figured out how to tell them himself. As they approach the border, questions still nag him from the back of his mind. Why send a Magister Arcane instead of someone from the priesthood? Why now instead of before I left? Did they know sooner and just not tell me? Why me? He tries to push the doubts from his mind. I need to focus, my men will be counting on me soon...

Back at the Towers of Chelms...
eotxkadrkz.jpg

xjqhomdqks.jpg
Magister Aethelred has returned to his studies. The research is tedious and painstaking work, and too often he finds himself distracted. Tonight, as on many nights, he finds himself hoping the priesthood is right about this Lord Alfred. Easy enough for you to tell someone else not to question Morag's will, eh old man?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
2ik5v03.jpg

The private chambers of Arch-Bishop Shaft are cold and dark, lit only by the candles kept on a lectern. Books with strange, unutterable titles litter the corners of the room, and the musty smell of a library closed for too long fills the air. A red moon hangs low in the sky and it seems no sane person would venture outside on a night like this. The city of Ulm cries itself to sleep, suffused by nightmares and shattered hopes. Suddenly, however, a quick soft rapping on the window startles the Arch-Bishop.

wrden9.jpg
What…? Oh, it's you, Eileen.

walt1i.jpg
Pardon the interruption, your Excellency. There's been a development of sorts…

wrden9.jpg
Pertaining…?

walt1i.jpg
The expedition funded by the “Reformed Noble Council” has met some resistance in Nilmeria.

wrden9.jpg
I knew it. Those fools… I could've warned them. The time for swords and steel is past…

walt1i.jpg
*apologetic* Forgive me, your Excellency, but the ensuing battle ended in a victory for the forces of the Council.

wrden9.jpg
What? Really? … *chuckles softly* Really now… that's unexpected. But perhaps we can let them play their little game while we dedicate ourselves to the REALLY important things.

walt1i.jpg
As you say, Excellency. Also, a caravan from foreign lands brought news of an undead uprising in a kingdom far away. And something about pirates raiding the coasts…

wrden9.jpg
Nothing that should worry us. *reassuring* Our Mistress will deliver swift retribution to all who dare oppose us. Tell me, what news of Gascoigne?

walt1i.jpg
He's been to two orphanages already. He still has to find a vessel.

wrden9.jpg
*frustrated* The man is deluding himself. I was certain he'd be troublesome. But for the time being, we have other matters to attend to. Thank you, Eileen, that will be all.

walt1i.jpg
As you command, your Excellency. *vanishes*

Dayyālu

Arcane
All Hail Dreaad, Ruler of the Wastes of the MP subforum.

xabzsr.png

Now be a good Pantokrator and change the title and the opening post, danke!

And who is Arco?

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
I just added 12 hrs to the clock. I should be back around before then, but the Deputies have my permission to extend it again if necessary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom