Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 12 - Like Lambs to the slaughter *purr* [ We need more catnip! ]

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Game's open: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline12

Pls. check settings. 4x1 throne for each team + 1x3 in the middle (hopefully), 5 victory points to win (so either middle + your throne + enemy throne or pwn all enemies)

It's random if that Lvl3 throne is in the middle, could be a lvl 1 and lvl3 right next to a team. Unless you edit the map.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Game's open: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline12

Pls. check settings. 4x1 throne for each team + 1x3 in the middle (hopefully), 5 victory points to win (so either middle + your throne + enemy throne or pwn all enemies)

It's random if that Lvl3 throne is in the middle, could be a lvl 1 and lvl3 right next to a team. Unless you edit the map.
Yeah, that has occured to me aswell. How about just lvl1 thrones but double the amount of teams?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Whatever works out to be fair. I wouldn't mind teams of two, that could be interesting. Could also do something like 6x1 thrones, 3 points to win. We'd have to change up our Pretender etc. :M

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Whatever works out to be fair. I wouldn't mind teams of two, that could be interesting. Could also do something like 6x1 thrones, 3 points to win. We'd have to change up our Pretender etc. :M
6x1, 4 to win?

Yeah why not, it will extend the game a bit, but principle is the same.
I loaded the map up a couple of times and it looks like the game places the thrones inside the castles everytime. Johannes

KoolNoodles

Arcane
6x1, 4 to win?

I loaded the map up a couple of times and it looks like the game places the thrones inside the castles everytime. Johannes

Yes, the castle sites are tagged "throne site". Adding one more throne just tosses a level 1 throne in some random other spot. One team will have that slight "advantage" but that's the best we can do I think without trying to edit in more.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
6x1, 4 to win?

Yes, the castle sites are tagged "throne site". Adding one more throne just tosses a level 1 throne in some random other spot. One team will have that slight "advantage" but that's the best we can do I think without trying to edit in more.
Why not just go with 5x1 lvl 1 then and 3 to win?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
6x1, 4 to win?

Why not just go with 5x1 lvl 1 then and 3 to win?

Whatever helps you sleep at night raw, I am fine with that. :greatjob:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Of course it is, silly you! It's been less than 3 weeks since first post...
According to previous games experience, haruspex (cannot foretell without dead creatures) and raw timing we should be ready before spring. I think.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Guys, guys... guys. You know what's the worst thing about Decline 12? It holds Decline 13 hostage. Due to grorious tradition and international numeric conventions, we can't just skip this and be done. We must take action now, or suffer the consequences...
For this reason and because I feel my lifetime in Decline 10 has been noticeably shortened, I ask you. How do we proceed? We scrap idea, map and Dayyālu-themed teams or should we wait just a little bit longer ?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Johannes , I am truly sorry to bother you, but I'm nothing and I understand nothing. Can we have a map with this

4x1 throne for each team + 1x3 in the middle (hopefully), 5 victory points to win (so either middle + your throne + enemy throne or pwn all enemies)

implemented? For the map creator it will be a simple thing to do, and I guess it's always nice to see someone use your work.

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

Arcane
Johannes , I am truly sorry to bother you, but I'm nothing and I understand nothing. Can we have a map with this

4x1 throne for each team + 1x3 in the middle (hopefully), 5 victory points to win (so either middle + your throne + enemy throne or pwn all enemies)

implemented? For the map creator it will be a simple thing to do, and I guess it's always nice to see someone use your work.

Thanks in advance.
Not possible to do a map where you determine which throne site gets the 3-point throne. IIRC if you'd predetermine a 3-pointer in a spot via normal site scripting it wouldn't count as a throne for VP purposes.

You could put 3 1-pointers in the middle though.

mondblut

Arcane
I believe team BLAA Dayyālu's Forsaken Beta is entitled to technical victory, being the only one that did show up at the field. Now give us the prize and let's move on to Decline 13. :smug:

Dayyālu

Arcane
You could put 3 1-pointers in the middle though.

This will be even a better solution, to grant a nice tactical nightmare for would-be conquerors. If you can spare the time.....

Thanks again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom