Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 13: Temporary Subtitle

sqeecoo

Arcane
Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_The_Fall_of_the_Rebel_Angels.jpg

Dear bros and bras, not since the ancient and infamous Decline 11 has there been a nice, clean free-for-all game here on the Codex. Although my game-creation skills are pitiful next to raw's and Dreaad's awesomeness, with raw's blessing I have taken upon myself the honor and duty of creating an oasis of respite from the disciple-game abominations that have been manifesting lately. All who so desire are welcome to join me in a new game of Dominions 4. Enter, and be merry!

Anyway, we'll be playing MA so that someone can try the new Ys. A nice, leisurely pace of 48h per turn with infinite extension, so don't worry if you are kinda strapped for time - we are in no hurry. Game start will probably be a month from now anyway.

Nation picks are first-come first-serve, so pick them while they are hot! Any player can, by mutual consent, challenge another player's nation pick, with the challenge being anything from a simple dice roll to something more creative like a Red Alert duel.

Standard research, no story events, non-binding diplo and binding trades, etc. Map and thrones will be decided based on the number of players that apply. Everyone is free to join, of course.

Game name: Decline13

Map: Shaluda Codex Edition
Turns: Every 48 hrs
Mods: Worthy Heroes 1.23
Thrones: 3x3, 6x2, 9x1, total 30, 18 to win.

Each turn extended a maximum of 24 hours upon request (no extensions without request). If someone is legitimately away from the computer for a few days, we can consider a longer extension request.
Please submit at least the first year's turns without waiting for the end of the timer.

thesheeep: Oceania
Berekän: Pelagia
mondblut: Agartha
Joined on the 4th of July, The Noticer of Connections: Man
Eadee: Ulm
Zzz: Ys
sqeecoo: Mictlan
Anhur: Nazca
profreshinal: Bandar Log
KoolNoodles, The Placer of Beginnings: Pangea
Harpsichord, The First to Be Last: Vanheim
Grimwulf, The Prime Stallion: Jotunheim
Lizzurd: R'lyeh
Muty: Abysia
Zephyr Arsland: Shinuyama

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Sure, why not, with Decline Now in it's letargic state I'm in no games currently.

EDIT: Shit, in with Pelagia I guess.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Seriously? Pelagia and Oceania are first picks? This is gonna be great :) Berekän, you are of course free to change your picks if you like. If not we'll just have to find a map with a lot of water, since I'm sure someone will pick Ys. I may even pick R'lyeh just for completeness sake :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
In theory, yes. In practice, why would you want to?

EDIT: (of course, pick what you like)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Seriously? Pelagia and Oceania are first picks? This is gonna be great :) Berekän, you are of course free to change your picks if you like. If not we'll just have to find a map with a lot of water, since I'm sure someone will pick Ys. I may even pick R'lyeh just for completeness sake :)

I'll be a man and take what has been given to me. I probably wouldn't play Pelagia in any other situation so at least I'll get to play them one time.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I'll be a man and take what has been given to me. I probably wouldn't play Pelagia in any other situation so at least I'll get to play them one time.

Its ok in MA and it seems like you will have two caps to work with - Pelagia in MA is ruler of UW.

Coastal mages are usable, pearl cultivation is a niche but nice option and having a safe aUW power base helps you plan long term.

Eadee

Scholar
I'm in!
And I'll... play stuff... probably a nation...
Since every nation I tested so far is already picked I'll go roll a die.

Eadee

Scholar
Okay, I pick Mictlan.

An about that die...
*rolls die*

Its a four.

I just said I'd roll a die... not that I'd pick a nation by consulting the result of the roll... get over it!

Now lets find out what Mictlan is about...

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay, I've randomly rolled Ys, but if someone else wants to try them, I can go with my second random option of Atlantis.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm tempted to grab R'lyeh to round out the UW picks, but in the interest of sanity and map selection I think I'll go with C'tis!

yarzoth_by_fstitz-d2xx09w.jpg

Pre-generated random maps can look alright if you don't use the default settings:

6moSKJd.jpg

(Of course they also need some fixes like nostarts and wonky connections)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I kinda wanted to join but those CANCERASS picks are making me not want to.

Seriously, 3 UW and skeles, fuck you guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom