Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline 13: Temporary Subtitle

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by sqeecoo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    Is there such a thing as self-butthurt Anhur? I'm not sure your rating makes sense.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Zibniyat Arcane

Zibniyat
    My rating makes sense because whether I'm butthurt or not (and I've already stated that I am) has little to do with whether you're butthurt also (and it's obvious you are).

^ Top  
  3. Joined on the 4th of July Arcane

Joined on the 4th of July
    Butthurt is what unites us as Dominions players.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    Wait, hold on. What is the definition of butthurt? I thought it meant something like being unjustifiably salty/sulky/angry towards your opponents about loosing or somesuch. Ragequitting a game/conversation being a perfect example. I'm angry at my own dumb mistake but not at anyone else, and not sulky or anything. Does that still qualify as butthurt? I'm genuinely interested.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zibniyat Arcane

Zibniyat
    Ragequitting a game? Never done that. I've always played till my last man standing or until I just get bored wasting my effort "stalling" my enemies' advancement (which is not the case in this game, here I love it). Ragequitting a conversation? Never done that as well. Just because I rarely use smilies, have "serious" tone in my messages, and don't like wasting effort on meaningless "deals" you've offered in no way implies I "ragequitted" anything.

This is only a fucking game. I have "serious" tone because that is who I am, not because the situation is oh so butthurt-inducing. Etc. Don't feel like giving more explanations to already unneeded and useless one given right now.

^ Top  
  6. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    No no bro, I'm not calling you butthurt at all (never said that), I'm trying to understand what the word means to most people and whether it can be applied to people mad at their own mistakes.

(I love pointless conversations :D )

^ Top  
  7. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You are butthurt when someone f*cked you in the rear and you are upset about it. Metaphorically speaking. Usually.
    In this case, you did that yourself.
    Hence you are butthurt.

^ Top  
  8. Zibniyat Arcane

Zibniyat
    Butthurt means that your butt is hurt (this is a joke). Whether someone hit you in the butt, or - as in your example - you kicked yourself (quite a feat if I may say...), or both (which is the reality here), is of secondary importance. The important thing is that you feel some anger because things haven't played according to your wishes - towards yourself or others, it does not matter.

^ Top  
  9. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    I see, thank you. I will bow to the majority opinion, of course, but I always saw butthurt as having an active social component. Being sulky or angry towards someone else, stopping talking to them or such. Unfortunately, it's very hard to stop talking to yourself or shun your own company.

^ Top  
  10. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Hey I staled twice in a row, how about that. :positive:

• decline decline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    I could use a few hours more for this turn. sqeecoo

^ Top  
  12. Harpsichord Arcane

Harpsichord
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Good to see that our new R'lyeh player upholds traditions. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    these turn times are so long, I forget to do and send my turn before it's too late :negative:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    Sorry guys, I went for a small trip and though I would be able to play a turn on the road with no extensions, but I just haven't found the time. I apologize, I'll be back tomorrow and do it then fo sho.

^ Top  
  16. sqeecoo Arcane

sqeecoo
    I'm very very sorry, I've only just arrived and I'm too tired to play/type rationally, I'll have to push it off to tomorrow. I truly apologize bros.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Eadee Scholar

Eadee
    Playing rationally is overrated. Get some sleep, then get drunk, then play your turn. :smug:

^ Top  
  18. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    I don't need to get drunk to play irrationally.

^ Top  
  19. Eadee Scholar

Eadee
    You're a sheep....

A sheep playing strategy games... that's nuts!

Right Boo?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    I swear I always believed I was the only one playing Dominions sober. I swear.

:shittydog:

• sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    The thought that I have to do and submit a turn always make me reach for a bottle in despair :negative:

DeclineNow was the only one I was generally happy playing :smug:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    Bandar Log's ministry of truth has revealed the new top in academic excellence.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Ulm and Mictlan have serious research advantages. Yawzors.

The ministry also warns everyone to be carfeull of the sea-jews.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zibniyat Arcane

Zibniyat
    R'lyeh should be set to AI or another sub found. Letting others just easily pick appart R'lyeh ruins the balance of powers. Why do I care? I don't, but I can never watch such sleazy injustice being committed!

^ Top  
  24. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    What is that R'Lyeh ancient kraken parked atop Pelagian capital since forever? Is R'Lyeh about to have the entire UW for itself all while stalling non-stop?

^ Top  
  25. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Can I get a 24hr extension plz thanks. Holiday travel.

• decline decline x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.